Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

On the topic of scarezones, are there any properties that would fit the NY street SZ coming out this year? Seeing as the purge will most likely not return are there any ideas on its replacement?

thats kinda what i was trying to say lol.

It seems like the only properties that get szs are Universal's stuff so maybe Face Off or Constantine? But those dont really lend much. Theres also whatever properties they licence from other studios like TWD szs so i guess w could see something like that

Edited by Ridesandstuff

thats kinda what i was trying to say lol.

It seems like the only properties that get szs are Universal's stuff so maybe Face Off or Constantine? But those dont really lend much. Theres also whatever properties they licence from other studios like TWD szs so i guess w could see something like that

The way TWD has been taking over the event lately I could honestly see a TWD sz up front, but then they would have to move the maze up there too.

I don't think Murdy feels that there is a real need for a show. And since last year was the most successful year and the only year with no shows, I can't say he's wrong.

I see what your saying, but if the event is easily selling out more than 24 hours before the event even begins, there should be no hesitation to increase capacity for the sake of the guests. At that rate, it is clear that there is an extremely high demand for the event and increasing capacity will be necessary for maximizing your profit. First off, more capacity = more ticket sales. Second, more capacity = less crowds = happier guests = more guest spending. If YOU had paid a premium price for the event and all you have done was wait in line most of the night to do two mazes, especially if the surrounding guests were very rude; I think you'd be a little upset. If you were upset, would you want to buy more merchandise? Would you want to tell your friends about the miserable experience of waiting in a 3 1/2 hour line? Even if this was Uni's most successful year, they're missing the opportunity to make more money by adding shows/increasing capacity. They also run the risk of hurting their reputation in the long run. Not thinking about details like this in their business standpoint makes me question management's minimalistic thinking towards running the event.

Also, with your logic, you can also argue that Disneyland is hitting capacity quite regularly, which means it's more successful than ever. In that case, why bother adding more attractions or a Star Wars land? We're already successful so let's not bother doing anything about the crowds. Bottom line: HHN is successful and is drawing a BIG crowd. They need to increase capacity and add shows. PERIOD.

Here's what HHN needs to do to help capacity:

1) expand the backlot pathway. Use the street that was not used on the Metro sets. There needs to be more room for people to breather and to let the lines go where they have to go. Last year it felt VERY cramped. There needs to be more room for a real scare zone and for more food stands and the lines. They're outgrowing that little section.

2) Add a tram that goes to F&F like they did for Kong five years ago. That would do WONDERS for capacity.

3) AT LEAST two shows. At LEAST.

4) Not likely, but it would help if they gave the Terror Tram a new theme. It will be less popular this year if it will still be the Walking Dead. Even if the tram is the same, people will at least be fooled into thinking it's new if they just change the theme, luring more people in there to increase capacity.

• Like 1

The hint to the theme of this maze can be found in a song title of a band initially associated with the post punk musical movement...it was a catch all name for the music that followed the punk rock explosion of the 1970s...

Hint #1 One of the key members of this group shares one of my names...I have 4...technically.

So who wants to start that codename thread?