Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Just playing Devil's Advocate here because I personally like the idea. But out of 24 years of houses to do, I doubt they will do a house from last year.

Also what Design said. I would love to see and experience a quality version of something like Dungeon of Terror and Frighttanic. That would be incredible for me :P

• Like 1

That's something I brought up a while back. It would be cool if the factory rebuilt Jack and he ended up taking over the Giggles N Gore factory and the clowns went onto the streets to bring more victims or something. I guess you could say the factory was "Hi-Jacked". lol

I would love to see this if they did a sequel house. Giggles and Gore: Under New Management

I would love to see this if they did a sequel house. Giggles and Gore: Under New Management

New Management? Its run by clowns.. What new management?

People said that the last couple yrs (Along with Catacombs) and the only sequels we got was HAVOC (Unless you count TWD)

• Like 1

If Jack gets a house (remember, the last two icons didn't get houses), it won't be a returning house from last year that wasn't in the top half of popular houses.

It will either be another Funhouse of Fear, or he'll host the "best of" like the Usher hosted Silver Screams. Or, he'll just in an Icon house.

If Jack gets a house (remember, the last two icons didn't get houses), it won't be a returning house from last year that wasn't in the top half of popular houses.

It will either be another Funhouse of Fear, or he'll host the "best of" like the Usher hosted Silver Screams. Or, he'll just in an Icon house.

I'd have to review the good-bye/end of year video again, but the suggestion of Jack being linked to GnG makes sense. If memory serves, the weasel started to pop during clips of Halloween (specifically the young Myers as a clown room), and all of the subsequent clips are of GnG.

The house wouldn't need to come back in any form for Jack's "official" storyline to go something like this:

The clowns (management?) of GnG accidentally/on purpose recreated Jack and summoned his souls from the Lantern. Continuity be damned? Or is it enough to work? Few (except for those of us who truly crave in-depth storylines) would need more than that. LT would be an acceptable addition. Fell or Himmel still had the lantern and supplied it to the clowns or maybe the elusive management was indeed Himmel and/or Fell...we know Himmel is still "around" according to Paige Steerington's recorded phone conversation. The LT experience pointed to the events of 2010 (that LT storyline). It is "unfinished", and we are being directed by Thorncastle to look into Steerington's death. (For justice/revenge?).

We know Jack will make some kind of appearance next year unless marketingng has truly lost their mind. You don't "hint" toward the return of the "most beloved icon ever!!", then decide "Nah, we aren't bringing him back." (It was not a hint. If they had just played "Pop Goes the Weasel" and maybe his laugh it would have been more of a hint and not a blatant "look who's coming back")

• Like 1

HHN will not due a best of year and take a house from last year. Unless they construct 24 houses and I don't see that happening in the future, or ever for that matter. Jack could be connected to Giggles but I don't see another house. If anything, maybe a scarezone based on them breaking out of the factory. That's about it.

who knows really. with he way things have been transpiring the last few years nothing would surprise at this point.

Exactly the point of this thread. We can only think and discuss at this point. And I completely agree with you, things have been crazy the past couple of years.

I'm just trying to think logically about all of this. If this is a celebration of 24 years of HHN, lasts years houses would be the farthest away from my mind honestly. The only ones I can see coming back are the walking dead (a given until the hype dies down) and Halloween.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they put Jason leather face and freedy in a maze all fight each other

NLC would pitch a fit. Unless whoever owns the rights (is it NLC still?) changes the original contractual approach (which they could), Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason won't be in a house together. One of the big caveats to UO's 07 usage was that the Big Three could never be seen together.

I don't know if that would still be a caveat, but it is something we need to remember.

I think of past houses, and there are many I loved and would love to see again, but beyond the new "franchises", I don't see any potential sequels. Catacombs and Nightengales. They would be the most plausible. Gothic could have a spiritual successor, but not a straight sequel. Frightanic? Maybe. ST, BC, Scarepy? Scarepy could move to the streets (although that franchise seems to have "finished"). ST and BC have both "done it all". They've been houses and while a street has never been named ST, 3 of 08's streets were definitely ST related. Run?

The Hitchcock idea can link us to the past. Psycho has seen several iterations. A Hitchcock medley could give us that link to the past with some new gems thrown in.

I'm too mercurial to definitively state what I'd want to see. I love the past, but want the new.

Again, I think we'll get at least three (probably four) IPs (TWD or Z-Nation, maybe an FX series and/or classic horror, and a modern horror) which likely includes Hitchcock, one original sequel (Nightingales), a "best-of-HHN" house focused on previous houses or icons, and one or two fully originals. If you really think management will shy away from IPs because it's an anniversary, after the massive success IPs have led to, you give them far too much credit.

• Like 1

Apparently there was a video on a wall exiting one of the houses towards the last few nights that had all the icons. Anyone else see that and which house was it?

Edit: Was Roanoke from what I'm hearing.

It featured past que videos from houses such as Blood N' Gutz and Hellgate, the lantern, and icons.

Happy to hear we might be getting a Dark Christmas house. If we only get 3-4 originals again, I hope this is one.

As for the IP's...not very exciting. Walking Dead is overrated (I find myself still hate watching it though), American Horror Story is disjointed, and The Purge is a poorly made franchise which isn't all that scary. The only thing I'm holding out hope for is a quality Hitchcock house, although I'm worried about continuity between rooms.

Happy to hear we might be getting a Dark Christmas house. If we only get 3-4 originals again, I hope this is one.

The only thing I'm holding out hope for is a quality Hitchcock house, although I'm worried about continuity between rooms.

As far as the Hitchcock house goes, I always pictured using either The Director or The Usher as the framing device for the house. Of the two, I lean more towards The Usher as it would allow the Universal Palace Theater facade to make a comeback and we could have the little transition rooms between each movie. I realize we only have Jack confirmed, but this house seems like the perfect way to pull a few more icons in.

I too would love a Dark Christmas/Krampus house. That could be truly amazing. To add to the idea of Icons serving as framing devices, The Storyteller could be the host of the Dark Christmas house

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

My concern with a Hitchcock house is recognition. Psycho and The Birds are his most aggressive films, but today's audience generally won't recogize the "violent" scenes from his most popular films. Rear Window (camera flashes), Strangers on a Train (carousel), Rebecca (house fire), Vertigo (bell tower), North by Northwest (Mt Rushmore), Lifeboat (storm), and Dial M for Murder (scissors) would likely be the films selected (with Psycho and The Birds), but even with those it's a lot of shoving and falling.

The house may entertaining, but accessible? I highly doubt it.

• Like 2

My concern with a Hitchcock house is recognition. Psycho and The Birds are his most aggressive films, but today's audience generally won't recogize the "violent" scenes from his most popular films. Rear Window (camera flashes), Strangers on a Train (carousel), Rebecca (house fire), Vertigo (bell tower), North by Northwest (Mt Rushmore), Lifeboat (storm), and Dial M for Murder (scissors) would likely be the films selected (with Psycho and The Birds), but even with those it's a lot of shoving and falling.

The house may entertaining, but accessible? I highly doubt it.

If the house is well made and delivers the scares, it will be accessible. In 2013, I heard people saying AWiL was the best house and they had never seen the movie.