Horror Unearthed 2012

I don't think they'd intentionally make themselves the top player.

Yeah...pretty sure if it was a test account, it would either be invisible to the leaderboards or they would delete it immediately after doing their test.

On a different note: For those who have already picked up their badges, did they come with a lanyard? Or should I bring my own?

So I did some rough calculations. The highest score is Matt with 225,156 points. If Matt did NOTHING but sleep for 7 hours a night and play the games he would average about 2,850 points per hour. So he's either is not real, has absolutely no life, or he's cheating. This would be fairly easy to accomplish with more than one person playing on the same name.

• Like 1

I mean I went from 83K to 116K in roughly 14 hrs of game play (which has me wondering about my life choices BTW :P). I have a pretty good technique for maximum probability on the beasts and the vampire game... (at least I thought)... Winning 3 out of 10 on Vampires and roughly 2 out of 10 on beasts. But that is 33K in 14 hrs. I saw people jump 100K in 2 hrs... If that isn't cheating... I want to know what algorithims they are using.

Yeah...pretty sure if it was a test account, it would either be invisible to the leaderboards or they would delete it immediately after doing their test.

On a different note: For those who have already picked up their badges, did they come with a lanyard? Or should I bring my own?

No they don't and I would highly recommend one. One of our party lost it in the course of the night. Me I put it in the back of my wallet for the night and just tapped my wallet to the pad (which wasn't working that night anyway) but I don't want to mess up the card :)

• Like 1

So I did some rough calculations. The highest score is Matt with 225,156 points. If Matt did NOTHING but sleep for 7 hours a night and play the games he would average about 2,850 points per hour. So he's either is not real, has absolutely no life, or he's cheating. This would be fairly easy to accomplish with more than one person playing on the same name.

2.8K per hour is not at all unreasonable. I can earn roughly 1K every 10-15 minutes grinding the match game. More if I'm not stopping to do the Cerebin game every so often. But as you say, it would certainly take a rather unhealthy obsession with these games to reach that point this quickly without outside help.

No they don't and I would highly recommend one. One of our party lost it in the course of the night. Me I put it in the back of my wallet for the night and just tapped my wallet to the pad (which wasn't working that night anyway) but I don't want to mess up the card :)

Okay, thanks a lot! I'll be sure to bring the lanyard with my Legendary Truth badges. :)

Honestly, after playing just the beasts and the vamps for the whole day yesterday. I would say the match game is still a better probability... as your ability controls the score. where as the other two you can only rely on the law of averages and dumb luck.

2.8K per hour is not at all unreasonable. I can earn roughly 1K every 10-15 minutes grinding the match game. More if I'm not stopping to do the Cerebin game every so often. But as you say, it would certainly take a rather unhealthy obsession with these games to reach that point this quickly without outside help.

2.8k is not unreasonable at all. That 2.8k is from dividing his number of points with the maximum possible number of hours he could be playing without doing anything else and still be alive. That is what makes it unreasonable. 2.8k is the minimum per hour it would take for him to reach his score level with the amount of hours passed since the start of the games. This means he can't have a job, go to school or leave his house. If he does anything more than sit in front of his computer 2.8k would turn into at least 5k+ an hour of non-stop play when he's at home.

True. It's not that the scores are slowly gringing up... It's that they jump 100K in an hour or two. That is... really improbable.

With me the matching game starts to meld together after awhile.. "Dorito bird" starts looking like "vase dude", "Vase Dude" looks too much like "cubicle dude", etc (my mind associates weird).. so I revert to the mindless coffin game. It's slower but 150 points in 5 min is better than nothing.

• Like 1

Honestly, after playing just the beasts and the vamps for the whole day yesterday. I would say the match game is still a better probability... as your ability controls the score. where as the other two you can only rely on the law of averages and dumb luck.

Agreed. When you're good at the match game, you can get a constant 50-70 points every game (40 if you screw up and 80-90 if you get really lucky). Having to open and close each of the lids really puts me off of the coffin game, and there's only a 50% chance you're going to get a max of 50 points every time you do it. And don't even get me started on the cages, which have such a low statistical probability of succeeding that it really just doesn't seem worth it.

2.8k is not unreasonable at all. That 2.8k is from dividing his number of points with the maximum possible number of hours he could be playing without doing anything else and still be alive. That is what makes it unreasonable. 2.8k is the minimum per hour it would take for him to reach his score level with the amount of hours passed since the start of the games. This means he can't have a job, go to school or leave his house. If he does anything more than sit in front of his computer 2.8k would turn into at least 5k+ an hour of non-stop play when he's at home.

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to imply that I was disagreeing with you. It's pretty absurd. (However, I will say that I've been witness to MMO players doing some pretty absurd things with their gaming time...even this week, due to the release of a certain major expansion.)

But as JWFearman pointed out, it was the the fact that their gains weren't constant that was the true indicator. And now we have definite proof, because...

Looks like they found out Jordan S. and Matt E. were cheating... they had all their points and badges taken away and now sit at the bottom of the leader board with a new badge...

Haha, oh wow. It's nice to know they have the ability to tell and took action on it so quickly. And I got a nice ranking boost out of it, too! :)

Also noticed that the liquid vial on your profile page must be relative to the rest of your legion, since that got a healthy boost, as well.

Edited by Greyfalken

March's Strategy For Memory Game: Memory games are difficult for me if I try to remember the actual pictures on the cards - a short chant/mantra is easier to remember. So, I use numbers. I assign numerical values to each of the six tiles, some of which are on the tile and some of which are arbitrary:

1: Tile with Eye and one tally mark (I)

2: Tile with two birds

3: Tile that has the triangle (three sides) and three tally marks

4: Tile with four characters with the mask on the upper left and a closed rectangle (pretty arbitrary since other tiles have four things and another tile has a rectangle but it works for me since the other rectangle is open)

5: Tile with open rectangle (technically has five segments, right?)

6: Tile with the giant vase, spear, and sitting humanoid (last number remaining, and the spear has six segments..)

Start clicking in upper left and go across the first row then go back to the left side and start clicking on the second row - remember the corresponding numbers (e.g. chant in your head "251623"). Remember the numbers in order, even when you've matched them out (so keep remembering all six numbers in my example even though you should've 'cancelled out' the two 2s). That'll help you keep the rhythm. Most of the time you shouldn't have to remember more than the first six, but even when you do it's easy to match them up. There's only twelve tiles, so you can do the math to figure out why that is. I'm consistently able to get 55+ points using this method. And as you get used to it it goes really fast. I've never lost using this method.

March's Strategy For Cage Game: Click randomly and get frustrated until you go back to Memory Game, then play Memory Game.

March's Strategy For Coffin Game: See "March's Strategy For Cage Game" above =P

Hopefully the other games won't just be chance/luck. I know there are algorithms for the other games but I don't think you should have to look at the code of the games to determine what are essentially brute-force algorithms, e.g. "guess 4th key 5th key 3rd key for the cage game on the first cage and you'll usually get it because of the algorithm in the code."

• Like 1