Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

I must say I am anticipating this house more than the others! I hope they play some of the music from his album Dragontown in the queue line at least. Best album in my opinion. Hollywood executed the house fantastically! I just hope we don't loop welcome to my nightmare (although it is a great song!) I hope we have more variety.

Was outside for over an hour on Thursday for rehearsals. They had the outside audio for both AC and P&T playing. I didn't hear the same song twice from either of the loops. That could change but I hope it doesn't.

I think I like this house more than most seem to - I've gone through twice now. Still, I do consider myself an AC fan and I've made a point of listening to his music a lot the past couple of months, so it could be I am understanding more of the references. A couple of constructive criticisms: I agree with others who feel the music should be louder. There are a couple of rooms that I THINK I know what it is referencing, but if I could hear the music it would make more sense to me. Also, some of the rooms have amazing ambiance but I'm not getting scares in there yet. And I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of the actors growing into their roles, which is natural anyway. I also like the finale quite a bit.

I have got to do a solo run through this place :)

• Like 1

Well, this was my least favorite house of the event. I'm not all that familiar with Alice cooper beyond the popular hits, and even then I don't know the lyrics besides the choruses. It just seemed generic to me because of that. I liked the stained glass window at least.

• Like 1

I will preface this saying while I am familiar with some of Alice Cooper's music, I would not call myself a fan.

I went through twice last night and this was definitely my least favorite house of the event. Sadly it might even be my least favorite house of the last seven years of attending. It just didn't do anything for me. But, I'll go through again a couple times to see if it grows on me.

• Like 1

I will preface this saying while I am familiar with some of Alice Cooper's music, I would not call myself a fan.

I went through twice last night and this was definitely my least favorite house of the event. Sadly it might even be my least favorite house of the last seven years of attending. It just didn't do anything for me. But, I'll go through again a couple times to see if it grows on me.

http://youtu.be/XZnhuOEUFXA

Edited by Mr. Black

I guess I didn't do enough research on Alice Cooper's music because I, too, didn't get this house. It seemed like a fuddled mess regarding theming and the music was not nearly loud enough to even tell you what track you were "living" in each room. I know they had the names of the tracks written on the wall before entering the room, but the music should be more integrated (and louder) in the house. I met one of the scareactors who works in this house and he did help me better understand the flow from room to room, but this house doesn't make sense to the average (or even above-average, such as ourselves) guest who visits the park. To me, this worked in Hollywood because they have a different crowd out there. It doesn't work here.

• Like 1

I personally don't see how it is a 'terrible' or 'worst house I've ever seen' house. I may not be familiar with the story of Steven and all, but I still enjoy the house. I may not know every Alice Cooper song, but I still enjoy the house. I think judging a house by not understanding the story or knowing the songs is kind of unfair. I know opinions are opinions, but how is this the worst house HHN has ever done? I don't see that. At all. I've seen much worse. I think the costumes are great for what they are meant to be. Those Alice Cooper masks cannot be done better. I've gotten more scares in this house than I did in some of the sound stages. I believe that if you go in open minded you will enjoy or even love the house. Give it another chance, and if that doesn't do it for you then I don't know what to say.

• Like 5

I personally don't see how it is a 'terrible' or 'worst house I've ever seen' house. I may not be familiar with the story of Steven and all, but I still enjoy the house. I may not know every Alice Cooper song, but I still enjoy the house. I think judging a house by not understanding the story or knowing the songs is kind of unfair. I know opinions are opinions, but how is this the worst house HHN has ever done? I don't see that. At all. I've seen much worse. I think the costumes are great for what they are meant to be. Those Alice Cooper masks cannot be done better. I've gotten more scares in this house than I did in some of the sound stages. I believe that if you go in open minded you will enjoy or even love the house. Give it another chance, and if that doesn't do it for you then I don't know what to say.

Amen. I for some reason had a pretty decent amount of fun in this house, but it might just be because the people I went with were loosing their minds.. But I honestly liked the house.

• Like 1

While I think it is one of the weaker houses this year, I agree with you that it is by no means the worst house ever. I wouldn't even go near that classification when such things as Fear Factor, Cold Blind Terror, Funhouse of Fear, Creatures!, Dungeons of Terror: Retold, Reflections of Fear, and Disorientorium, just to name some of those houses that deserve that title. For me, as I eluded to in my post (although I didn't say it), I plan on doing some more research into the album and I will definitely be going into the Alice Cooper house with an open mind on my next visit to HHN. Some scenes are great, but I just don't get them . . . yet.

• Like 1

While I think it is one of the weaker houses this year, I agree with you that it is by no means the worst house ever. I wouldn't even go near that classification when such things as Fear Factor, Cold Blind Terror, Funhouse of Fear, Creatures!, Dungeons of Terror: Retold, Reflections of Fear, and Disorientorium, just to name some of those houses that deserve that title. For me, as I eluded to in my post (although I didn't say it), I plan on doing some more research into the album and I will definitely be going into the Alice Cooper house with an open mind on my next visit to HHN. Some scenes are great, but I just don't get them . . . yet.

If you are interested in that, I think Welcome to my Nightmare would point you in that direction (which makes sense, given the house name :P). As I've mentioned before, while I've liked the man just about forever, I really only started listening to his albums the last couple of months, and it does bring some recognition when I walk through. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but hey, couldn't hurt :)

• Like 1

Other songs not on the Welcome to My Nightmare album but are in the house are: Poison, Feed My Frankenstein, School's Out, No More Mister Nice Guy and from what I've heard, several in the first room. There are probably others but I don't remember.

• Like 1

Other songs not on the Welcome to My Nightmare album but are in the house are: Poison, Feed My Frankenstein, School's Out, No More Mister Nice Guy and from what I've heard, several in the first room. There are probably others but I don't remember.

See, I guess that's why I'm confused. My friends and I looked up the lyrics and listened to some of the songs, but we only did so for the Welcome to My Nightmare album. Not being fans of Alice Cooper, we only went by the name of the house when researching. Fortunately, we have five days to check out the rest of the songs and maybe make sense of the house. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

is there a track list for the house?

I went through on Saturday without listening to anything, I enjoyed the house but didn't quite understand quite what was going on.

Same with Silent Hill to an extent (i'll probably watch 1st movie before my last visit this year)

If no one understands the house by Friday, I'll try to explain it the best I can. I know it seems like a jumbled mess with the scenes but there is actually a story told as you go through it. Since I haven't gone through it since rehearsals two weeks ago, I only remember up until the scene after mine (you'll have to figure that out for yourselves :ninja: ). As for a track listing for the house, I'd have to go through it again and really listen.

Edited by AWeed
  • Like 1

I don't understand why people hated this house. I really enjoyed it all the way through. thought it was well done with the music to the theme. The scares, effects, and costumes were all good and fit the scene.

Saw mike aiello cut in frount of the line guiding a small group of people.:) Seemed like he was having fun. I would give this house a 7/10