Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

Who happens to be Cold Ethyl. Coz he Loves the Dead ;) Gotta tie it in somehows.

That's what I always thought even if the image of a normal looking stripper was jarring. Had she been surrounded by fridges or jumping out of one it would have at least been reminiscent of the lyrics and hearkened back to the Cold Ethyl segment in the WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE tv special. As it stands, Ethyl is a random stripper.

How awesome would this room have been?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hk0sGep1bc

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 3

skip the refrigterator aspect... and just ice over that morgue scene. "Cold Storage" for bodies... so having it all icy & frost covered would've been good enough.

I think guests being surrounded by fridges, not knowing which one Ethyl would pop out of, would have added a surrealistic touch but I'm perfectly happy with your idea.

Just wish their was more imagery from the titled album in general. It seemed that a lot was adapted from THE LAST TEMPTATION more than anything else, which is a big disappointment for me personally as I think a quintessential Cooper house (which is what a Haunted House based on Alice Cooper should be, right?) should concentrate on the man's peak years with the original band members (Neal Smith, Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Glen Buxton). Or at the very least be all about his first solo album which this haunt shares its name with.

LAST TEMPTATION gets a lot of praise because it is arguably his best album post 3 year hiatus in the mid 80's. As good an album as LAST TEMPTATION is, it meanders in the middle a lot with songs you can't tell apart before redeeming itself with some fine closing numbers.

The first two tracks (SIDESHOW, NOTHING'S FREE) would have you believe you're in for a modern classic but things begin to slip into monotony by LOST IN AMERICA.

In short, the album can't hold a candle to anything from his catalogue in the 70's or early 80's.

After his '83 album DADA (the pinnacle of his solo career in my opinion) he sobered up for the last time and never touched the bottle again. When this happened the magic went away and would only resurface in individual songs, never again in full albums. At least thus far.

Edited by YourPallbearer

I know one thing that John Murdy did when creating Hollywood's house last year was that he took the songs and edited them together to specifically fit each scene within the house. Obviously, its more difficult for us to catch things like this by only viewing it via youtube. I would've loved to have experienced their house... but despite ours being less "visual" in some aspects, it still worked...

Chris' description of the house really helps put that visual spin on the house that it was missing...

• Like 2

I know one thing that John Murdy did when creating Hollywood's house last year was that he took the songs and edited them together to specifically fit each scene within the house. Obviously, its more difficult for us to catch things like this by only viewing it via youtube. I would've loved to have experienced their house... but despite ours being less "visual" in some aspects, it still worked...

Chris' description of the house really helps put that visual spin on the house that it was missing...

Like I said in a previous review, I received more enjoyment out of watching the Hollywood house on a tiny and hazy youtube video than I did out of walking through Orlando's version. That's saying quite a lot.

I did enjoy the house better during my additional visits but I put this down to me knowing what to expect.

Appreciate the semblance of a linear story being told in the house (I don't think any other house did that this year) but I much rather would've had a carbon copy of the Hollywood version.

I kinda want a GOES TO HELL house next year (not in 3-D please) but I'm fully prepared for it not to happen considering that Alice's house was probably not the biggest draw at the event this year.

Edited by YourPallbearer

If they do plan on doing another AC house in Orlando, I hope they wait at least two years.

With house "series" like Scary Tales, Body Collectors, PsychoScareapy(SP?), etc., what was the shortest amount of time between any of the house sequels? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the 2 or 3 years between PsychoScareapy HFTH and Echo's of Shadybrook.

I feel useful.

Who happens to be Cold Ethyl. Coz he Loves the Dead ;) Gotta tie it in somehows.

Thats the song in there but her name was Mercy. IDK why we didnt make it more fitting for the song. That room was hot. No pun intended. It could have at least looked cold.

• Like 3

If they do plan on doing another AC house in Orlando, I hope they wait at least two years.

With house "series" like Scary Tales, Body Collectors, PsychoScareapy(SP?), etc., what was the shortest amount of time between any of the house sequels? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is the 2 or 3 years between PsychoScareapy HFTH and Echo's of Shadybrook.

Didn't they have a Screamhouse in 2002 and 2003?

• Like 1

House/Museum of Horrors - 1995-1998, 2012

Screamhouse - 2002, 2003, 2006

PsychoScareapy - 2003, 2006, 2007, 2010

Scary Tales - 2001, 2002, 2008

That should give you a rough idea... these were the only ones I could really think of off the top of my head. Could've gone back further. Eitherway, it wouldn't be too crazy to have another AC house right away.

House/Museum of Horrors - 1995-1998, 2012

Screamhouse - 2002, 2003, 2006

PsychoScareapy - 2003, 2006, 2007, 2010

Scary Tales - 2001, 2002, 2008

That should give you a rough idea... these were the only ones I could really think of off the top of my head. Could've gone back further. Eitherway, it wouldn't be too crazy to have another AC house right away.

Ok, so there were a few instances of back-to-back (was HoH 95 - 98 somewhat the same house?) houses. My hope is that they take a few years away from Cooper and fix what went wrong with this one (different opinions by different people) and not copy anything Hollywood does. I liked Alice Cooper long before his house at Hollywood last year so I just don't want any AC stuff at HHN Orlando to be diluted, but that's just me.

• 1 month later...

I believe I have most, if not all, of the music in this house..

Entrance: Varying playlist

Asylum: Killer (last minute of the song)

Nurse/Surgery: Poison

Spider room: Devil's food/ Black Widow

Kitchen: Vengeance is mine/ Only women bleed/ Department of youth

Stadium: School's out

Morgue: No more Mr. Nice guy

Stripper: Cold Ethyl

Dr. Alice/Surgery 2?: Feed My Frankenstein

Insane Steven: Same as last scene

Finale: Nothing's Free

I believe this is it, correct me if I'm wrong

Asylum: Killer (last minute of the song)

Kitchen: Vengeance is Mine, Only women bleed, Department of Youth

Pretty sure I heard "I'll bite your face off" most of the time in the first scene (X-Ray Asylum)

I believe it was "Only Women Bleed" in the Kitchen scene. However, there was the issue of barely hearing the music.

The rest is correct.

You'd think after going through the house 43 times, I would be able to say "yes" without thinking twice... Im pretty sure I heard it, unless it was "Caffiene".. I honestly can't remember and now its going to bug me lol

Can I go through the house 7 more times to refresh my memory??? :D

You'd think after going through the house 43 times, I would be able to say "yes" without thinking twice... Im pretty sure I heard it, unless it was "Caffiene".. I honestly can't remember and now its going to bug me lol

Can I go through the house 7 more times to refresh my memory??? :D

not to get your total to 50, but to strictly remember the music :lol: lol

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare