Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

I feel like I'm the only one excited for this House. AC fans, like myself, are freaking excited! I love his music and personality, I Can't WAIT to see what they'll be doing here in Orlando. And to those dissing the poor AC house idea for Orlando, remember that the "Crappiest" house ideas, usually end up House Of The Year c;

(In my opinion at least...)

• Like 1

Email: " Your Worst Nightmare Awaits Enter the demented nightmare of Alice Cooper, where demons run rampant and lost souls wail in agony. Find your way through a psychotic vision of rock and horror as you bear witness to the consequences of the seven deadly sins.Scream all you want, but this is one nightmare you may never wake up from."

Could we be getting the same plot as HHNH?

If we're having the HHNH AC house from last year and they're getting a new one, I can imaging UO reusing all the props, effects and costumes from the Hollywood maze. Maybe some minor changes here and there, different blueprints, but essentially the same maze.

I'm excited! Not my first house choice to bring from Hollywood (La Lllorona, but Orlando already had Bloody Mary..). The house last year at Hollywood looked really awesome, so I'm glad to see it come to Orlando with a few new twists. Hope Orlando gets a similar facade!

In the Universal email, they mention the 7 deadly sins....anyone think this was already in the works from last year? We did have that seven deadly sins scarezone...Maybe that was a dry run taken down a few notches. Maybe it's just coincidence, though I tend to not believe in those :)

No, Orlando is getting Welcome to My Nightmare, which will be similar to the maze we here in Hollywood had last year. Hollywood is getting Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D, which is based off the 7 deadly sins. Hope that clears things up for you :).

• Like 1

They're already hyping Alice Cooper on WJRR.

I assume this is some Hard Rock / Oldies / Hair Metal station in Florida? Just Curious.

And no, I'm not bashing the house...who'd a thunk Presidents Day and Arbor Day would make for an awesome house? Alice Cooper, based on his music and appearances in movies such as being Freddy Kruger's abusive Father, seems to fit a hell of a lot more than Abe Lincoln.

Then again, with Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter in theatres...maybe not. Ha ha ha.

Very excited to hear about this! Love Alice Cooper and his demented, creative ways...hope the house is a reflection of him and these characteristics all the way through. And of course, his tunes playing inside the house would be a bonus in itself.

• Like 1

I assume this is some Hard Rock / Oldies / Hair Metal station in Florida? Just Curious.

its mostly alrenative rock (the offspring, incubus, shine down, etc), with some hard rock (five finger death punch, godsmack, three days grace, etc) and some 90's alternative (nirvana, sometimes van halen, kinda stuff) splashed in

No, Orlando is getting Welcome to My Nightmare, which will be similar to the maze we here in Hollywood had last year. Hollywood is getting Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D, which is based off the 7 deadly sins. Hope that clears things up for you :).

could this be the "dante" clue? 7 rings of hell, each one getting worse and worse? hopefully orlando gets that as well id rather get a "new" AC house than our spin off of "welcome to my nightmare"

could this be the "dante" clue? 7 rings of hell, each one getting worse and worse? hopefully orlando gets that as well id rather get a "new" AC house than our spin off of "welcome to my nightmare"

it's not necessarily a spin off of their house. Sure, it shares the title from their house last year, but our A&D team is still designing it. I don't think they copied it and pasted it in tent 1.

I'm excited! Not my first house choice to bring from Hollywood (La Lllorona, but Orlando already had Bloody Mary..). The house last year at Hollywood looked really awesome, so I'm glad to see it come to Orlando with a few new twists. Hope Orlando gets a similar facade!

I hope we see a similar facade as well I think it looked amazing in Hollywood

Alice+Cooper+maze.jpg

I got a passholder email that talks about the seven deadly sins with the same logo like the Welcome to Hell House that Hollywood is getting. I know the HHN Orlando website says welcome to my nightmare but could we get a similar concept to Hollywood with a different name.

tumblr_m7p0mspU3a1rya7hno1_1280.jpg

compared to the Hollywood website

Alice_Cooper_Hollywood_2012.jpg

Edited by blacklagoontaylor

The text in the email reads as follows:

"Enter the demented nightmare of Alice Cooper, where demons run rampant and lost souls wail in agony. Find your way through a psychotic vision of rock and horror as you bear witness to the consequences of the seven deadly sins."

I think the worry here in using Alice Cooper as a draw isn't his ability to making a creepy, great house. Actually, that's not my worry at all. His house may the best this year and I may eat the words I'm about to type. I HOPE that's the case, actually.

I'm personally a little antsy about the Alice Cooper house because I know that (unfortunately) most of the younger generations attending HHN won't necessarily be familiar with who Alice Cooper is. Now I'm not saying that every theme needs to be something NOW and CURRENT and known to be successful. That's not the case at all, as A&D has proven yearly through their original houses created from unknown or lesser known themes. Take the Poe house last year, for example, which, in my opinion, was one of the best houses of the year.

My issue is this: Alice Cooper comes from a different generation of music, and a different generation of music listeners. For example, it may be a teen's parents' generation of music...and that could be a potential turn off. And while one might argue that some of the most successful IP houses have come from cult 70's/80's classics (Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, etc.), I don't think the same would apply to music. Alice Cooper is a 70's/80's hard (or "horror") rock icon, and even if he makes a house that has absolutely NOTHING to do with his style of music, his name is still plastered all over the place in terms of that house, and therefore, his image and music will follow him. I think that's part of the appeal, in Marketing's mind. But I feel like this might be very telling of who's running Marketing and/or A&D...the music they like, the ages they are, and whether they can speak to a younger generation. Unfortunately, perhaps because of our media-driven society, you have to think beyond the quality of the house and into the message that his name and music bring to the audience...will it miss the mark? We won't know. Honestly, I hope this house is uber successful and my thoughts are for naught. I'm just trying to jump in the minds of the different generations who attend HHN. On the flip side of it, older generations will, I think, really enjoy it. Maybe it is part of marketing...maybe the people spending the money on HHN tickets wanted something like Alice Cooper. Who knows.

And to vent for a second, seriously, can we zoom out and just stop complaining/worrying about orlando becoming hollywood? @Wesker69 has a point. Orlando owes its roots to Hollywood, and there is no shame in that. The fact that Universal executives have given the A&D team in Orlando more artistic freedom in terms of house themes and designs over the years...that's neither here nor there, and it doesn't make Orlando any "better" or more "deserving". I haven't been to HHN Hollywood, but I'm sure everyone there gets just as terrified and entertained as people in Orlando. And I mean...isn't that the point?

wait so you are worried that kids don't know who Alice Cooper is? I don't know, he is pretty big, the event is supposed to be 13 and up anyway LOL :lol:

no but seriously, most people that go to HHN are at least 20, I know a lot of teens go, but I don't see a problem with Using Alice Cooper, besides they Already Used him in Hollywood Last year, it worked well for them, so well in fact they are bringing it here and doing a second year over there,

so I think it is safe to say this house will bring people in, and the kids that don't know Alice Cooper will probably go to the event for Silent Hill or Walking dead,

In Fact, Alice Cooper is more Famous than Both Silent Hill and Walking Dead, half or more of the members in this forum don't know what Silent hill is or have never watched Walking dead,

but Im sure everyone in here knows who he is and I am sure almost everyone in here has at least heard one of his songs, at least once,

Alice Cooper was in Dark Shadows for example, that just came out,

I think this will be bigger than Silent Hill as far as being famous, he is one of those huge iconic celebrities that almost everyone knows, like KISS or Ozzy, even if people are not fans, usually they know who they are,

Edited by black mask
  • Like 1

^^That's the description of the Hollywood maze. Maybe there is a mix up. Go on the Orlando website to look up the description of your maze. Go on the Hollywood site after and you will see, Hollywood is based on the 7 Deadly Sins, and Orlando is based on Steven's Nightmare from Welcome to My Nightmare. The email must be wrong then.

Edited by Hauntfan

wait so our house will not be in 3D then. only their house will be in 3D?

that does kinda suck though, I guess if they leave the P&T house in 3D they won't do the Alice house in 3D?

I was hoping for this house to be in 3D

wait so you are worried that kids don't know who Alice Cooper is? I don't know, he is pretty big, the event is supposed to be 13 and up anyway LOL :lol:

no but seriously, most people that go to HHN are at least 20, I know a lot of teens go, but I don't see a problem with Using Alice Cooper, besides they Already Used him in Hollywood Last year, it worked well for them, so well in fact they are bringing it here and doing a second year over there,

so I think it is safe to say this house will bring people in, and the kids that don't know Alice Cooper will probably go to the event for Silent Hill or Walking dead,

In Fact, Alice Cooper is more Famous than Both Silent Hill and Walking Dead, half or more of the members in this forum don't know what Silent hill is or have never watched Walking dead,

but Im sure everyone in here knows who he is and I am sure almost everyone in here has at least heard one of his songs, at least once,

Alice Cooper was in Dark Shadows for example, that just came out,

I think this will be bigger than Silent Hill as far as being famous, he is one of those huge iconic celebrities that almost everyone knows, like KISS or Ozzy, even if people are not fans, usually they know who they are,

yeah I'd say I think most people at least know who he is. I would put him slightly under Kiss and Ozzy as far as popularity. I think mostly everyone knows him for at least Schools Out if nothing more. Some people might not even know him by name but they do know that school's out song. That happened today with my gf, I told her the announcement and she didn't know his name but then I sung the chorus of school's out and she was like "oooooh yeah I know that song at least"

that does kinda suck though, I guess if they leave the P&T house in 3D they won't do the Alice house in 3D?

As far as I can tell, Orlando will not be 3D, Hollywood will be. But you never know. WTMN last year was designed as our 3D house last year but management decided to keep House of 1000 Corpses as our 3D maze. So the designs and the theme can work in 3D. But I don't think it will be 3D.

my source told me 2-3 3D houses this year due to how popular "In-between" was last year

yeah I'd say I think most people at least know who he is. I would put him slightly under Kiss and Ozzy as far as popularity. I think mostly everyone knows him for at least Schools Out if nothing more. Some people might not even know him by name but they do know that school's out song. That happened today with my gf, I told her the announcement and she didn't know his name but then I sung the chorus of school's out and she was like "oooooh yeah I know that song at least"

You are 100% correct. Most people have heard a lot of his music, but never matched the person with the songs. I didn't really discover Alice until around 2004. I was in Vegas (going to one of their haunts) and saw that Alice Cooper was playing at Sunset Station. I thought "why not?" and bought a ticket. Throughout the concert I was stunned that I knew about half the songs and had no idea he wrote them. The other songs were so good, I bought a few CDs the next day and listened to them on the drive home. I've since become a major fan and got to meet him backstage.

By the way - even at his age, his concerts are about the best you will ever see. I highly recommend catching his tour later this year.

The Hollywood house last year could have been picked up and moved to an Orlando Soundstage. Although each room was based (loosely) on a different song, the music was subtle, letting the house be the main attraction. If you hate his music, they won't be punishing you by blasting you with it. The only downside was that it was short - about the length of Saws & Steam.

And don't be sad that Orlando's is not 3D. If the theme remains much the same, then 3D just doesn't fit.

is it possible this could be a duel run house? we get an exact copy of hollywoods house last year and than get the "new" one?

No & No. The house will be located in a Sprung Tent.

We're not getting an exact copy of Hollywood's house, Orlando has it's own art & design team to create it.

We're not getting "Goes To Hell 3D", that is only in Hollywood. We have "Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare"

I got to see Alice Cooper at Bonnaroo this year in Tennessee. The stage show was very creative and theatrical (as it should be; it's an Alice Cooper show after all).

Not entirely sure how I feel about a house inspired by him, but I am going to keep an open mind. The dude is definitely creative (as is Universal's A&D) so we will just have to wait and see I suppose :-)