HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone who has seen the Coke Zero version of the commercial explain how it is incorporated into the commercial...?

It really isn't its at the end and it shows luck trying to entice a guy into the room. His girlfriend walks up, gives him a Coke, he drinks it, and they walk away together. She then screams revealing her monster side and slams the door.

Added Death Drums to the map.

21event_map-7.jpg

It's honestly going to feel weird not having a show at the Beetlejuice stage. I'm used to listening to the show/music while in line for the Disaster queue house. I'm just wondering why Death Drums is at such an awkward location. Right smack dab in the middle of three scarezones.

It's honestly going to feel weird not having a show at the Beetlejuice stage. I'm used to listening to the show/music while in line for the Disaster queue house. I'm just wondering why Death Drums is at such an awkward location. Right smack dab in the middle of three scarezones.

It seems to me that it's there because it will get plenty of traffic there. I'm really not looking forward to Death Drums. Yea I will see it at some point while I'm down but it's not something I'm going to make sure I see on the first night or even the second for that matter. I hope it's cool but I just can't wrap my head around what it really is. I keep picturing a "dead" blue man group style show for some reason.

How exactly is it a parade? Where does it have room to move?

It's most likely going to come out from the Hollywood gate (right next to Monster Make-Up), process through Mel's, along the lagoon briefly and perform there. It will essentially follow the same route the Blues Brothers take. It's not that absurd a location, considering "house bands" play that area for Mardi Gras every year.

There are also rumors that the show will use something like floats, though obviously not as elaborate as the Festival of the Dead floats. Death Drums is a good thing, and while I'm sure everyone loves the contracted performers, they serve more of a niche market than I think this new show will.

Added Death Drums to the map.

21event_map-7.jpg

By the looks of it, they picked the correct place to put Saws N' Steam. Geeze.... Yack! Talking about burning up. Hope you scareactors of that house get to wear tank tops and shorts. lol

It's most likely going to come out from the Hollywood gate (right next to Monster Make-Up), process through Mel's, along the lagoon briefly and perform there. It will essentially follow the same route the Blues Brothers take. It's not that absurd a location, considering "house bands" play that area for Mardi Gras every year.

There are also rumors that the show will use something like floats, though obviously not as elaborate as the Festival of the Dead floats. Death Drums is a good thing, and while I'm sure everyone loves the contracted performers, they serve more of a niche market than I think this new show will.

Are the performers of Death Drums an all around year show? Did they recrute them from an actual leasing contract organization, or? And if so, are there any links to sneak a peak at any videos the performers might be in?

Edited by Dinah

Are the performers of Death Drums an all around year show? Did they recrute them from an actual leasing contract organization, or? And if so, are there any links to sneak a peak at any videos the performers might be in?

original casting

Appointments are being accepted for male and female dancers with an athletic build to be part of a new high energy show for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights®.Go to http://universalorla....schedapple.com to schedule your audition appointment. Audition will consist of type out and learning a dance combination. Callbacks will be held the same evening. Dancers should wear appropriate attire. No baggy clothing please. Candidates must be available for all rehearsals starting in September and every evening of the event :

The drummers for the show are full-time performers at Islands of Adventure as well.

Im not sure how much imortance it holds, but I've learned throughout the years that everything is given to us for a reason...

Can any chemist decipher the chemical formula written at the bottom of the new Hawthorn documents? I believe its something like: CH2OH+O2 = 2CH2O+2H2O

It is 2CH2OH + O2 yields 2Ch2O + 2H2O

or 2 hydroxymethyl + oxygen yields 2 sugar + 2 water

hydroxymethyl (methylene and hydroxy) is a alcohol usually attached to something else.

It is an organic compound used in biochemistry.

JW beat me to it . . . CH2OH is an alcohol and the reaction shown is a combustion reaction since it is reacting with oxygen. Futhermore, various substances give rise to different colors when combusted because of the energy released by the electrons being transferred in this redox reaction. I wouldn't be surprised if hydroxymethyl gives rise to blue light when its photons are released. (Think about the Aurora Borealis.) The article about the Hawthorn Cemetery discusses Jonathan Hawthorn's attempts to keep his beloved Elizabeth alive with the help of Mr. Trumbull, the alchamist. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to use this reaction to help regenerate Elizabeth's body, but is now only keeping her spirit memorialized in the cemetery. Since sugar is the base of organic material and water is a byproduct of any combustion reaction, the blue light symbolized the presence of Elizabeth Hawthorn and the others who are buried on the grounds of the mansion that was to be the sanctuary for the Hawthorns. As for Mr. Trumbull's kin, I'm sure he continues to bring about the blue light every October to awaken the spirits of Hawthorn Cemetery.

You just have to love chemistry, no? Well, at least I do! :D

Edited by Voorhees

I only have a very basic (errr, simple, haha) understanding of chemistry from my anatomy and microbiology classes, all of it involving cellular respiration, energy, and etc. So I had to glare at it for a minute thinking "This reminds me so much of the bicarbonate buffering system, but where does it fit in? No, wait, that's a different chemical..." I finally realized that it's something for you chemists who've actually at least taken the class haha. Going to be like two years until I can/have to take it so I'll just rely on listening to what you guys say.

so is it wrong to feel bad for the california people during hhn? seems like they always get the throwbacks and the same houses each year...or what am i missing out on? the only thing cool going on there is the curse of talbot hall and house of 1000 corpses

Talbot Hall = We essentially had in 2009.

1000 Corpses = Repeat for them.

But hey, the audience demands originality... that audience doesn't. Different strokes.

If anyone would like the HiRes art for the shows, houses, and SZ click here

OMG, I love you right now!

On topic, is it just me or is Lady Lucks hair the wrong color? In the commercials, billboards, website and ads she clearly has red hair. But in the house announcement video and now the Tyra Banks photos she has brown hair. :blink: