HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a random question, yall can delete this post after its answered but i was wondering what exactly do yall do at the house/street rehearsals?? theres no one out in the parks to practice scaring on so how do yall rehearse? i have wondered this for years and have never asked lol

Anyone have anything they would liked asked tonight of A&D?

Things I want to know more about for this year:

1. Is Universal going to take a consistent stance on no official tagline or back story for this year? I'd like to see this era remain as confusion free as possible.

2. With the Poe House in Orlando and the Alice Cooper house in Hollywood, does this mean that we'll be seeing other individualized cross-idiom collaborations/homages for house and scare zone theming? These are singular artists being showcased, not just solitary pieces of source material (such as Asylum in Wonderland or Path of the Wicked). Would be great to see A&D keep going on this track and get even more creative with the wide range of horror-eque masterminds who they could honor.

Things I want to know more about in general:

1. The recent pattern for iconic attractions within the event. Like, we had mostly houses in the Expansions and Iconic Era, but now in the New Age of Darkness we seem to be focused on scare zones. I want to know if we will see this progress to legitimate shows, large scale opening scaremonies, or other live theatrical performances in the near future. Or maybe there is some sort of fourth frontier on the horizon which we haven't yet guessed?

2. This sort of ties into the first question. I truly loved this idea, which King_K. brought up in the Speculation II thread: have they ever considered rewriting the Beetle Juice show with new songs every year and having the show debut during HHN, keeping the routine year round until the following event's debut?

I have a random question, yall can delete this post after its answered but i was wondering what exactly do yall do at the house/street rehearsals?? theres no one out in the parks to practice scaring on so how do yall rehearse? i have wondered this for years and have never asked lol

Rehearsals are done after hours when the park is closed. There are specific nights when management, entertainment and tech services go through each house/zone to not only see if everything looks right and is working appropriately, but it also gives the scare actors a chance to put their scaring techniques to work.

Employee preview is the first big full out technical rehearsal.

Rehearsals are two nights.

The first night is when we get our costumes and see the house for the first time. We do "walk throughs" were performance captains, stage managers, techs and other scaractors in our cast walk through and we scare even though (most of the time) we are not in costume. The intent is for us to get an idea of our scare.

The second night, we get into costume and we scare our opposite cast. We also do an executive review, where the main people involved with putting on the event walk through to make sure everything "works." Many times, scareactors from other houses or zones will walk through as well. So though we aren't scaring guest. We are scaring.

That's pretty much it, in a nutshell.

The first night is when we get our costumes and see the house for the first time. We do "walk throughs" were performance captains, stage managers, techs and other scaractors in our cast walk through and we scare even though (most of the time) we are not in costume. The intent is for us to get an idea of our scare.

The second night, we get into costume and we scare our opposite cast. We also do an executive review, where the main people involved with putting on the event walk through to make sure everything "works." Many times, scareactors from other houses or zones will walk through as well. So though we aren't scaring guest. We are scaring.

ahhh thanks so much I have always wondered that! interesting! Keep up the good work! :-)

thats so neat!!!!!! Makes me appreciate you guys a little more now!!!! Can't wait till opening night!

I've got one request for the forum, can we open up a Scareactor QnA thread? I'm sure I'm not the only one here with a bazillion questions for these talented peeps, and I don't see any sense in clogging up this thread with numerous questions. Thanks mucho much!!!

Edited by cwoolboy

Anyone have anything they would liked asked tonight of A&D?

What's the password?!

Serious question: We have yet to see exactly what the new HHN app will contain, but I was wondering if they had considered the possibility of using a mobile phone app for a Legendary Truth style game in the future? A game app created prior to the event would increase automation (less people needed to run the game) and presents the opportunity to make it a source of income similar to the VIP Lounge (via charging for the app).

EDIT: Oh, also I guess, "Is there going to be a VIP Lounge this year?" Would be nice to know for sure.

Edited by Greyfalken

This is not a question for the A&D, just a question in general.

Last year on opening night Universal Studios set up a live feed from different locations inside the Legendary Truth house. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Universal doing the same this year with one of the houses or scare zones?

I'm New to the Forums (and forums in general), but I figured after tonites tweetup why not finally post something. I was one of the Lucky 21 chosen to do the Forsaken tour And wow, they have really stepped their game up. Its an awesome house! Cant wait to see it with Scareactors...and audio!

I just had a couple questions about the event in general. :)

I've actually been following the website for a while and felt I should finally make an account. This is going to be my first year going, and has actually been my first year following it in depth which I have been since about April.

For the houses, how do they distribute people through them? Is it a continuous stream, or do they send groups in at a time? I know I've heard the term "Conga Lines" used when talking about going through houses. It seems to vary in videos that I've seen of previous years. Does it just depend on the type of house or even the year itself? It just seems like a continuous line of people walking through a house would make it less urgent or scary?

And for the scare zones, from looking at the map that was posted in (this? Or maybe another) thread, that they seem kind of small. Especially Canyon of Lost Souls. I haven't been to the park since April, so it's a bit harder to picture it in my head. But it looks like there would be a LOT of empty space, or non-themed areas. Is this a problem when actually going through the event, or is it just one of those that pops up on paper, but when attending it's not something you notice too much?

I'm trying to not put certain expectations in place for myself, because I really do want to go in and just enjoy the entire event. It's just small things I would kind of like cleared up.

I just had a couple questions about the event in general. :)

I've actually been following the website for a while and felt I should finally make an account. This is going to be my first year going, and has actually been my first year following it in depth which I have been since about April.

For the houses, how do they distribute people through them? Is it a continuous stream, or do they send groups in at a time? I know I've heard the term "Conga Lines" used when talking about going through houses. It seems to vary in videos that I've seen of previous years. Does it just depend on the type of house or even the year itself? It just seems like a continuous line of people walking through a house would make it less urgent or scary?

And for the scare zones, from looking at the map that was posted in (this? Or maybe another) thread, that they seem kind of small. Especially Canyon of Lost Souls. I haven't been to the park since April, so it's a bit harder to picture it in my head. But it looks like there would be a LOT of empty space, or non-themed areas. Is this a problem when actually going through the event, or is it just one of those that pops up on paper, but when attending it's not something you notice too much?

I'm trying to not put certain expectations in place for myself, because I really do want to go in and just enjoy the entire event. It's just small things I would kind of like cleared up.

Basically yea it is a continuing stream of people, sometime you get a little seperated from those in front of you but with the traffic you catch up to them eventually.

And yea don't worry the map is making them look smaller than they really are.

Basically yea it is a continuing stream of people, sometime you get a little seperated from those in front of you but with the traffic you catch up to them eventually.

And yea don't worry the map is making them look smaller than they really are.

Hmm... Alright. I've seen a few videos where it just seem like the guest are just slowly plodding along through the house. That just kind of seems like it would take a lot of the fun or urgency out of the house. Hopefully it's not really that much of a problem. I'm really looking forward to going!

Hmm... Alright. I've seen a few videos where it just seem like the guest are just slowly plodding along through the house. That just kind of seems like it would take a lot of the fun or urgency out of the house. Hopefully it's not really that much of a problem. I'm really looking forward to going!

Well, yeah, usually that's about the pace of the "conga line" as we like to call it, but if you've never been before, you won't notice that. They know how to work the crowds...etiher you'll be also wanting to slow down, just to look at the awesome scenery, or you'll be filled with fear trying to get out of the room you're in. It all works in the favor of the house.