HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

What's so intense about a wheelchair? Kids play in those things. The most "intense" part would have been the electric chair, but you can find those in arcades all over the place. It just vibrates and flashes. It's all psychological.

What I meant was that the experience is so intense that they have to put you in a wheelchair afterwards.

What I meant was that the experience is so intense that they have to put you in a wheelchair afterwards.

Again, it's all psychological. The wheelchair is just part of the "story" they would be telling with the house. I'm sure if a person didn't want to sit in the wheelchair, the scareactor nurses would scream at them to sit down. The wheelchair is more for the people who DIDN'T go through the house, to make them think, "Oh my gosh, that was really intense."

I'll be honest, reading through the synopsis again I'm reminded that it doesn't sound THAT extreme (just like Alone synopsis doesn't sound really "extreme"). It's got some cool effects, and is much more physically demanding than just walking in a congo line, but it honestly just sounds like a traditional house. It's the psychological aspect of being isolated and confronted with an "unknown" that would freak people out. The scareactors wouldn't be able to "grab" and "throw" every guests into a coffin. While the coffin would be claustrophic, not everyone would be scared by that. I think strapping your wrists and ankles to a chair while a "demented" scareactor "cuts" himself so that copious amounts of blood land on the back of your hands would be more unnerving than anything described in Severe Fear. In my armchair A&D world, an Extreme house would be much more psychological (and no chainsaws).

But anyway, back to real spec.

Caught wind yesterday that Dr. Jimmy's April Fool's video might have contained a slight hint of fact for one house (the best pranks always do). Granted, Jimmy's idea was a bit too narrowly focused, from what I hear, but it does share the same imaginative source. It makes me feel pleased though, as it was something Catacombs members discussed last year...

Well at least we had some movement finally in the permits. No room names but it is the first entry since 5-17 on all the house permits.

LSC-GUARDS Unmet 6/21/2011 8:22:47 AM KEJ

NOTE: actors platforms. Means of egress such as stairs, ramps, landings, balconies, corridors, passageways, etc. that are more than 30 inches above the floor or grade below shall be provided with guards to prevent falls over the open side. Guards shall be not less than 42 inches in height. Please submit revisions correcting this deficiency. [NFPA 101: 7.2.2.4]

Caught wind yesterday that Dr. Jimmy's April Fool's video might have contained a slight hint of fact for one house (the best pranks always do). Granted, Jimmy's idea was a bit too narrowly focused, from what I hear, but it does share the same imaginative source. It makes me feel pleased though, as it was something Catacombs members discussed last year...

If you know the link could you post it for me.

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Happy hunting! :lol:

That was just a prank of course, but I did base it on what were real rumors at the time. If any of those rumors were accurate then some of that may prove true after all. And I am evil enough that IF I did actually know something I MIGHT have parodied that in the videos as well.

That was just a prank of course, but I did base it on what were real rumors at the time. If any of those rumors were accurate then some of that may prove true after all. And I am evil enough that IF I did actually know something I MIGHT have parodied that in the videos as well.

some of them ideals were really good.i like the one with the jaws ride.

Honestly I just want the event dates and ticket prices. They can hold off on clues for a while but they need to get this damn generic site up now!

At least part of it should be up next week; I heard it was actually supposed to be ready yesterday, but it got pushed back.

Just saw this on ScreamScape (yeah, I know people don't like that site):

(6/22/11) Ever since Disney raised their ticket prices I’ve been waiting to hear the resounding “THUD” from the other shoe dropping down the road at Universal. On Monday morning, Universal Orlando did just that, and raised their own prices to match Disney’s: $85 for Adults and $79 for Kids.

While most of their ticket options have been adjusted in some way, one major discount option actually increase as well, as Universal has doubled their discount for online purchases of multi-day tickets from their website from $10 to $20. Annual Pass prices remained the same however.

I wonder if that means we should expect a ticket price increase for HHN?

Only posting it here because there's no forum for prices and I am speculating on ticket prices for the event.

some of them ideals were really good.i like the one with the jaws ride.

yeah I LOVED the Jaws idea, Having a Cthulhu animatronic, that would been sick LOL

I also liked the idea of the 3 fears with the Beast fear and the reptilian fear, I kinda wished they did that for 2010

I can add that the speculation for one of the houses in this thread is dead on. Not to be one of those guys who vaguely says shit, but I thought you ought to know that some speculation is a hop and a skip away from correct. And that's all I've to say about that! :3

Sorry to be "that guy" and go back to something that was mentioned a while ago (hey, I've just came back to the forum after a long hiatus)...but I really love the idea of literature gone wrong. But I think it would only work if it was non-horror literature. I mean, there's plenty of obvious horror literature targets (Frankenstein, Dracula, anything by Poe, Lovecraft, etc.). But sort of along the lines of taking something that has very few horror ties and twisting it would be good, but not in the vein of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. That's more along the lines of adding absurdities for the sake of quirkiness. I mean like, something has gone terribly wrong with these books and they're being twisted to the point of pure, unadulterated horror. But there is the problem of an Icon...while I could see an event like that working without one, having one would cut it too close to the Storyteller. Although an evil librarian would be cool, as mentioned before.

Or maybe someone who writes too much fanfiction and starts twisting classic works to meet their sick, fanficiton-y needs. Some fanfiction writers are pretty scary.

That was all more of wishful thinking than speculation. Sorry guys. I'm still a bit rusty. Here's to a new update soon!

Here is the latest quote from Universal's Halloween Horror Nights - Orlando (OFFICIAL) facebook page- We know you have been waiting. But trust us. Very soon, all of your demands for information will become shrieks for mercy.

Sorry to be "that guy" and go back to something that was mentioned a while ago (hey, I've just came back to the forum after a long hiatus)...but I really love the idea of literature gone wrong. But I think it would only work if it was non-horror literature. I mean, there's plenty of obvious horror literature targets (Frankenstein, Dracula, anything by Poe, Lovecraft, etc.). But sort of along the lines of taking something that has very few horror ties and twisting it would be good, but not in the vein of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. That's more along the lines of adding absurdities for the sake of quirkiness. I mean like, something has gone terribly wrong with these books and they're being twisted to the point of pure, unadulterated horror. But there is the problem of an Icon...while I could see an event like that working without one, having one would cut it too close to the Storyteller. Although an evil librarian would be cool, as mentioned before.

Or maybe someone who writes too much fanfiction and starts twisting classic works to meet their sick, fanficiton-y needs. Some fanfiction writers are pretty scary.

That was all more of wishful thinking than speculation. Sorry guys. I'm still a bit rusty. Here's to a new update soon!

I read quite a lot of literature nowadays, and so this idea is very appealing to me, however I'm not so sure how much it'd appeal to the masses. I mean, in reality, do people know the story of Morrie Schwartz and Mitch Albom as well as the tale of Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Michael Myers? Sadly (and oddly, in my opinion) most don't, and so, if Universal did decide to do something like this they'd have to focus on literatures that's known by both common schmuck A and common schmuck B...but I do love the of common books being twisted into something evil and demented (maybe have Phineas come back from the dead to wreak havoc in search of Gene...and revenge? ; D)

Edited by Sliced

I read quite a lot of literature nowadays, and so this idea is very appealing to me, however I'm not so sure how much it'd appeal to the masses. I mean, in reality, do people know the story of Morrie Schwartz and Mitch Albom as well as the tale of Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Michael Myers? Sadly (and oddly, in my opinion) most don't, and so, if Universal did decide to do something like this they'd have to focus on literatures that's known by both common schmuck A and common schmuck B...but I do love the of common books being twisted into something evil and demented (maybe have Phineas come back from the dead to wreak havoc in search of Gene...and revenge? ; D)

Fearman made a wishful thinking post got me thinking about the ideas of literature, horror writers, etc for an event. I think we may be too focused in genre. I mean, obviously, some horror writers would be great (Poe, specifically comes to mind), but what about other stories that aren't necessarily horror. Mae mentioned Twain (and Emeric quoted him on one occasion), and his settings are so iconic they could be easily adapted with any form of monster. Fearman mentioned Willy Wonka, and a lot of Roald Dahl's work could work amazingly well with how dark they are. What if it isn't horror as a genre (which would be limited), and is sure isn't Fairy Tales, but much, much broader than initially thought. What if it's simply, "Books?"

Personal preference is if that IS the theme they don't use an icon. "The Librarian," honestly, strikes me as more of the same type character we've had for the last ten years. They way I see it, the first ten years consisted of a "Marketing" theme that wasn't necessarily tied to the event. The second decade had icons directly related to the event in marketing, houses and "theme." Now, I would love to see an all inclusive, coherent "theme" to the event that doesn't require or rely an icon.

I would still love a "Gambling" theme to the event, but a more encompassing literature theme (that isn't focused on horror, fairy tales of an icon) could be massively effective.

Jaws is down with no ETA. When I heard, I immediately thought of hhn. People have been throwing around rumors about jaws being changed around as a haunt. Could it be that the rumors are true? Lol just a shot in the dark :)

Having a knowledge of how things work I highly doubt that is the reason. It is an excellent rumor and would be really cool to have; however, I think that any money spent on the attaction would be to enhance what is already there.

kind of wish they would do like the storyteller with a different book. i know they put Elsa to rest but wish they would have used her one more time... just a different story know what i mean

they could easily make a new icon as a Librarian or something, think The Director/ The Usher, when the Usher came out, I bet there were people hating the idea and saying it was stupid, but then, behold a new Icon was born, and a Great Icon at that, I actually like the Usher More than The Director, he had a better stage presence for me, and, the haunted movie theater was really cool, his house actually had a story and a follow through, I love the Director's house in 06, but it was just clips of movies made into rooms, in silver screams you went to the theater and the movies came real, of course is the same basic idea for both houses, but I liked silver screams a little more

I wish they did another icon that had to do with books and literature but that was not the story teller, I think a librarian or something else like that could work fine