HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

OK, I've been (wrongly) called a troll here before since I don't post very often and I don't know a whole lot about the day to day goings on at Universal (on account I live in NY) but....

Are these IP issues "Real" or just fan imagination. At the VIP event last year, my friends and I talked to TJ for like an hour before he brought us through some houses and we asked him point blank if they'd ever have it at both parks. He said, "maybe in the future". I said there were lots of rumors online about the Suess Estate and he flat out denied it saying, "Not true. If we can think of a concept that benefits from using both parks again, we will strongly consider it." OK, that's a paraphrase as it's been 8+ months since he said it, but I could also understand a "gag order via hand shake agreement" with the Suess Estate to not "blame them".

OK, flame away....

Some HHN14 style stuff.

I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with an extreme house, but I don't think HHN will ever do it, simply because they have a lot more traffic than HoS. You think the lines for the regular houses get bad, imagine how it would be for an extreme house at HHN.

Do you guys think that this year will have an overall theme where the houses tie in like in 2005, 2006, 2007,2008,and 2009

They usually do to various degrees. Granted 2005 was the most integrated and, IMHO, probably the most creative.

Seeing as the 14th came and went (and that was late for a generic last year) I'm not expecting the site to change now until between July 4th-9th. The reasoning there is that the Latern first appeared on the 8th. The crux being they just held off on the generic to start the building of the main page early. But I honestly don't expect a generic page. (watch now they will throw it on just to throw me off <_< )

Edited by JWFearman

I don't even know anymore. Watch the site not launch until mid-August like it did when they first started doing the web-pages. No build. No tease. Just, BOOM, website. It does take a lot of time and effort to build something that a small percentage of the audience actually cares about. Most people just want to see what the houses are and when the event is...

On the extreme house idea it doesn't have to mean touching and the like there is the last ride burial sim and the electric chair I had a idea were you rode the electric chair and then were put on a gurney rolled into a room that is dark put into the burial sim. And once that is over the casket opens to the room flooded in red light and a demon leads you into hell type house

Every year we talk about an "Extreme House" but we never see it come to life. The closest thing to an extreme house that we have seen is the Alone house at HOS last year. And IF Universal decides to do something, it will be very similar to the Alone house. They will never be able to do a house were the scareactors can touch you, the liability would be way to high and they wouldn't want to put the company in danger.

For all those who think an extreme house can't happen at Universal. It already has... at least sort of.

They actually built it in 2003 in the Carnage warehouse but it was scrapped at the last moment. It was called Severe fear and it involved being chased, put in a coffin, falling, blindfolded, crawling through a chain-link tunnel, walking through a burning bus, and an electric chair with mild electrical shock.

Never say never. Now HOS has had an extreme house it makes it even more likely Universal will revist the idea.

Having said that I don't care all that much. To keep flow down there would have to be a charge. I already drop 1K during HHN in the three days I go... I don't want to pay more. (I'm already debating the value of my AP) But I'm not opposed to it at all. If it were low priced I'd probably do it.

Edited by JWFearman

Every year we talk about an "Extreme House" but we never see it come to life. The closest thing to an extreme house that we have seen is the Alone house at HOS last year. And IF Universal decides to do something, it will be very similar to the Alone house. They will never be able to do a house were the scareactors can touch you, the liability would be way to high and they wouldn't want to put the company in danger.

Considering that a waiver would need to be signed, there's really no liability issues any more than if a skydiver freaks out during a tandem jump and tries to blame the skydiving company. Part of "extreme houses" is forcing any guests who go through to sign a waiver disavowing them of any responsibility for anything that happens; even if a scareactor goes massively out of line and does something dangerous, the individual is the only one who can get punished.

If it were going to happen, I would hope they would actually put in the old Carnage Building. That way, the individuals going through the house could be "kidnapped" by the soundstages and have a bag over their head for the ten minute drive to the other side of IoA.

Also there was planned for Severe Fear an out for anybody who found it more than they could handle. A "safe word" phrase could be spoken at anytime in the house "I am a fluffy bunny" and then the guest would be taken out of the house to the reception area at the end, where they could watch others in the house on television monitors until the rejoined they rest of their party.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Considering that a waiver would need to be signed, there's really no liability issues any more than if a skydiver freaks out during a tandem jump and tries to blame the skydiving company. Part of "extreme houses" is forcing any guests who go through to sign a waiver disavowing them of any responsibility for anything that happens; even if a scareactor goes massively out of line and does something dangerous, the individual is the only one who can get punished.

I'm aware that they would have to sign a waiver. But IF they were to use an extreme house then I'm sure they would plan it for a couple of years to make sure that everything is safe as possible while seeming like it is unsafe. (if that makes any sense)

I'm aware that they would have to sign a waiver. But IF they were to use an extreme house then I'm sure they would plan it for a couple of years to make sure that everything is safe as possible while seeming like it is unsafe. (if that makes any sense)

It was first rumored in 2003. They've been "planning" it for years. The fact that we had fire in the Orfanage last year is telling, as that was an effect (and one of the most dangerous effects) concieved for the Extreme house.

Since all the talk about the Extreme house is re-surfacing, I will post this:

HHN 2003 - "Extreme House" (Pictures and Information provided by Designing The Fear®)

Original Post: WESKER69; HHNRumors

House Layout:

163807_170838362961066_170325193012383_393678_8008046_n.jpg

img2602m.jpg

Facade Entrance- There are eight curtained doorways. There are multiple church pews. Each person is then blindfolded & given a hooded-type cloak and sat in one of the pews. If you're in a group, you WILL be separated. Then you are lead infront of one of the curtained doorways. Suddenly a scareactor grabs you & pulls you through the curtain.

Scene 1- You're then thrown into an open coffin. Before the lid is slammed shut, they pull your blindfold off. You hear the sound of rats inside the coffin and through the cross-shaped hole in the coffin lid, monster-like claws try to grab at your face. Then the back of the coffin drops open backwards.

Scene 2- You then crawl through a chain-link fence style caged tunnel. There are small openings on the sides & top for scareactors to grab at you. If you take too long to go through, the scareactors have an access hatch on the top they can open and in order to jump into the caged tunnel after you. At the end of the tunnel you crawl out into a hallway..

Scene 3- You find yourself in a corridor of doors. You're not the only one because the other 7 guests going through their coffin/cages get dumped out into the same place. The doors on across from you are all chained/locked closed. Suddenly the lights begin to go out one by one.. your eyes follow the direction as the darkness begins taking over. At the other end of the hallway a door slams open & there is a big military-esque guy with a HUGE chainsaw. He chases you out of the corridor & into the next scene.

img2506f.jpg

Scene 4- Once you're in the next scene, you're put into a single file line by the chainsaw-wielding Drill Sergeant. Then sent into a bus. You see charred remains & two bodies who happen to actually be scareactors. You're trapped inside the bus which is on fire. CONTINUOUS LIVE FLAMES within the back of the bus (like seen in the Orfanage, but actually INSIDE the bus). The bus would fill with 'smoke' and the doors would open up. You'd find yourself on a platform.

165773_170838079627761_170325193012383_393666_4559885_n.jpg

Scene 5- There are cellar style doors, you go through them and then down the stairs. You find yourself in a damp/wet basement-like room with water dripping. You can hear the sound of electrical surges. You're a little damp & the blind-folds/hooded cloaks are once again put on you, then you're led into the final scene.

img2516rf.jpg

Scene 6- You're strapped into your own electric chair. Once strapped in, you then feel minor electrical shocks. The chair vibrates/drops kinda like the ones in the T2:3D theater. After this, you're put into a wheel chair & wheeled into the recovery waiting room. If you had people with you that didn't want to go through, this is where they'd meet you.

For those that couldn't finish the house, there was a safe word they could use in order to use one of the many "chicken doors" throughout the house.

You would say- "I'm A Fluffy Bunny"

Now keep in mind, all of this WAS actually going to happen. It had been given the "all clear". The house was almost completely built for the event, but was unfortunately scrapped at the last minute, but a lot of the sets/props from the house went on to be used in future houses/scarezones. Look at the 2003 event map, you can see that the Carnage Warehouse is shown, but not labeled.

I'd venture to say it was the same bus. If I'm not mistaken, that may be the same bus that was used in 06's Deadtropolis and 04's Fright Yard scare zones (I think there was also a bus in the weird market scare zone where Field of Screams used to be in 05's Tales of Terror).

Edited by RingMaster

Wow. They would have actually put you into a wheel chair. Sounds like some crazy intense stuff. I'm sure its absolutly traumatic experience. They probably think the majority of people couldn't handle it and that's why they scrapped it. It would be sweet to have it come to life so we can get what we dreamed of. I honestly don't know if I would be able to handle it. :unsure:

Wow. They would have actually put you into a wheel chair. Sounds like some crazy intense stuff. I'm sure its absolutly traumatic experience. They probably think the majority of people couldn't handle it and that's why they scrapped it. It would be sweet to have it come to life so we can get what we dreamed of. I honestly don't know if I would be able to handle it. :unsure:

What's so intense about a wheelchair? Kids play in those things. The most "intense" part would have been the electric chair, but you can find those in arcades all over the place. It just vibrates and flashes. It's all psychological.

A&D have always been wanting to make an extreme house, especially after they got so close in 2003. It's not like Universal is suddenly going to try and slap something unusual together to cash in on Alone; the A&D guys have basically been waiting for the chance to do an extreme house for YEARS.

Edit: Just had a little chat with a certain someone. I'm predicting a minor site update (ticket information, RIP, etc.) early next week.

Edited by Cody

Edit: Just had a little chat with a certain someone. I'm predicting a minor site update (ticket information, RIP, etc.) early next week.

Honestly I just want the event dates and ticket prices. They can hold off on clues for a while but they need to get this damn generic site up now!