HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

I agree with Mae it does seem like they will do anything now to separate us all from our hard earned money. We here in Pa have an extreme style house down in Philadelphia and it is 18+ you sign a waiver and they can touch you or whatever. I haven't been to it yet since I put my "fun" money into coming to Orlando in October but have heard from several friends that it is very intense. I am all for it if it is done right. I just hope it isn't just another house they make us pay extra for and call it an extreme house.

I agree with you Aaron, they could just rope off a house and say this one is EXTREME! pay up.

After all every year they advertise this years event will be the scariest,biggest HHN, they really should'nt do that.

just advertise for what it is, a very well done Halloween event. Sometimes to much hype can backfire.

To reiterate, all current plans A&D have for HHN XXI must first be approved by corporate. In year's past (notably in 2005) corporate has not approved everything and they have had to quite literally go back to their drawing boards!

All the wonderful cryptic comments we have thus far analyzed and speculated over can only be derived (if legitimate) from current as yet unapproved plans which are entirely subject to change. So please, try to be patient. Patience it is said is a virtue after all... even though vice is always more fun!

It doesn't hurt to speculate Dr. Jimmy. I don't expect much of what is said now to actually make it to the final event but it is fun to toss around a few ideas with other fans. I think personally it's my way of feeling connected to HHN year round. If we aren't speculating then what is the point of being a die hard fan really? Without speculation this forum might as well be a dead zone from November to August. I enjoy talking about everything weather it happens or not. It is nice to stay connected to other fans year round and speculation is one way to do it.

It doesn't hurt to speculate Dr. Jimmy. I don't expect much of what is said now to actually make it to the final event but it is fun to toss around a few ideas with other fans. I think personally it's my way of feeling connected to HHN year round. If we aren't speculating then what is the point of being a die hard fan really? Without speculation this forum might as well be a dead zone from November to August. I enjoy talking about everything weather it happens or not. It is nice to stay connected to other fans year round and speculation is one way to do it.

I am not saying not to speculate. I merely wished to clarify for the benefit of those who may read speculations here, so that they would not get their hopes up for specific things (such as an extreme house) based on interpretations of very vague clues which in turn can only be related to that which as of yet is not set in stone. Otherwise they may become very disappointed in the event should some of these things not come to pass, and even feel as if they had been promised that which was never intended.

Speculate away! I intend to do so myself! Just be aware of the limitations we have in the information that is available to derive speculations upon.

When I called for patience, I mean that in a short while we will start getting intelligence that is more firm upon which to build our further speculations. So please build your castles in the air, just don't try to move into them.

Maybe we should think Evil and European as too this years theme since there were"clues" in the catacombs

Evil wasn't in the Catacombs. There was nothing, "evil," about the doctors. They were sick, cursed to stay tortured for centuries in the forgotten tunnels, and really pissed off. But not evil.

I guess "European" could be a theme, but it would be extremely difficult to market something like that. If anything, European folk tales could be a source.

Guest FL Universal Jax

I am not saying not to speculate. I merely wished to clarify for the benefit of those who may read speculations here, so that they would not get their hopes up for specific things (such as an extreme house) based on interpretations of very vague clues which in turn can only be related to that which as of yet is not set in stone. Otherwise they may become very disappointed in the event should some of these things not come to pass, and even feel as if they had been promised that which was never intended.

Speculate away! I intend to do so myself! Just be aware of the limitations we have in the information that is available to derive speculations upon.

When I called for patience, I mean that in a short while we will start getting intelligence that is more firm upon which to build our further speculations. So please build your castles in the air, just don't try to move into them.

Dr. Jimmy, I couldnt agree with you more!

Nothing wrong with speculating, but some should be careful to realize that not all of the info may be entirely true. Not saying that its false, but it simply may not be an entirely accurate representation. Its probably alittle bit to early to go and start making youtube vids about "inside information!"

Edited by FL Universal Jax

Maybe we should think Evil and European as too this years theme since there were"clues" in the catacombs

you should read the entire speculation and wishful thinking threads, I'm not trying to sound mean at all, I really mean it, about the clue, we think the clue is Death, Death or maybe even the grim reaper,

Or perhaps it can be a figurative Death? Rather than being a physical being like Fear, perhaps Death is a non-corporeal form that permeates the entire event with his presence? Perhaps, like Fear, he has the ability to possess other living beings so that he may walk among us?

. I just hope it isn't just another house they make us pay extra for and call it an extreme house.

This is what kinda scares me, that the house will be nothing special, that they will Totally Hype it up, like they did with Fear and that it will end up being disappointing,

Or

I am afraid that the house will be Really good, but then they take away from the rest of the houses, I am kinda afraid that if they do an extreme house, that they will spend more money there than the rest of the park, so we get an amazing extreme house, and the rest of the houses crappy ones :unsure:

This is what kinda scares me, that the house will be nothing special, that they will Totally Hype it up, like they did with Fear and that it will end up being disappointing,

Or

I am afraid that the house will be Really good, but then they take away from the rest of the houses, I am kinda afraid that if they do an extreme house, that they will spend more money there than the rest of the park, so we get an amazing extreme house, and the rest of the houses crappy ones :unsure:

I would hope that they would have a separate budget for the extreme house since we will be paying a separate entry fee to get into that house. That's why I worry about the whole extreme house idea. I think we all would expect so much from it that it may be a let down.

I would hope that they would have a separate budget for the extreme house since we will be paying a separate entry fee to get into that house. That's why I worry about the whole extreme house idea. I think we all would expect so much from it that it may be a let down.

Universal has always come through in the past. Me personally I have yet to be let down since first attending HHN back in 1998. So if the Extreme House does happen I think it will be incredible no matter what...!

Edited by HORRORLANDO

Completely mad speculation based on nothing more than my own warped imagination (maybe):

What if our favorite firestarting orfan was only one of septuplets???

Could this year see the rise of The Seven Deadly SINdys????

I really like your ideas on HHN. The one with second chance and now this idea as well. You should be working with Uni..:D

Edited by HORRORLANDO

Universal has always come through in the past. Me personally I have yet to be let down since first attending HHN back in 1998. So if the Extreme House does happen I think it will be incredible no matter what...!

I hope your right. I haven't been let down except for small things here and there. I would just personally have very high expectations for an extreme house and feel I might be let down because of those expectations. I'm sure it would be very well done though.

Completely mad speculation based on nothing more than my own warped imagination (maybe):

What if our favorite firestarting orfan was only one of septuplets???

Could this year see the rise of The Seven Deadly SINdys????

lol, maybe, I did write before an idea bout having the Seven deadly sins, maybe have 7 scarezones each one representing a sin, I was just thinking about it but it crossed my mind

I hope your right. I haven't been let down except for small things here and there. I would just personally have very high expectations for an extreme house and feel I might be let down because of those expectations. I'm sure it would be very well done though.

When it comes to Halloween Horror Nights everyone sets there expectations high because of the shear magnitude of the event. Trust me if Uni wants to pull off an extreme house, They will. But one thing to always remember no matter what the outcome of a house or the entire event for that matter we should all be happy and privileged that HHN even exists...:)

When it comes to Halloween Horror Nights everyone sets there expectations high because of the shear magnitude of the event. Trust me if Uni wants to pull off an extreme house, They will. But one thing to always remember no matter what the outcome of a house or the entire event for that matter we should all be happy and privileged that HHN even exists...:)

Your so right when you say we should be happy the event even exists. It really is the class of all of the Halloween events I have ever been to and that is over 20 different venues. It is why year after year I fly to Orlando for this one event rather than going to a new one every year. I know when I buy my tickets to HHN and book my flight/hotel that I am in for one of the best in the world hands down. I wouldn't even know what to do in October if it wasn't for HHN.

seriously... I have been going down to Orlando from Illinois for the last few years after being introduced to it when I live in Vero Beach back in 2005. My wife and I spend a ton of money to go bc its the premiere event in the country. There are some great events in the midwest but nothing on a scale of HHN. I start getting anxious for it in like July!!! Plus it always gives me good ideas for my hween party!

lol, maybe, I did write before an idea bout having the Seven deadly sins, maybe have 7 scarezones each one representing a sin, I was just thinking about it but it crossed my mind

Back in the year 2000 we had a house which was partially based on the seven sins: Dark Torment. After dieing in an Earthquake you walked down through he levels of Hell and saw sinners punished for these.

But, we also were encouraged by the Event itself (implicitly) to indulge all these sins!

Pride: by showing off beads we caught from the parade.

Lust: by ogling the hot girls and guys used as "distraction scares" and also in parade and B&T.

Envy: by fuming over those who had express passes.

Greed: by scrambling after doubloon tossed from the parade.

Gluttony: turkey legs.

Sloth: they set up bars so you could buy drinks without even getting out of line.

Wrath: from waiting in line too long.

Of course now the absence of the parade takes away half the temptations to these delightful vices.

• Like 1