HHN XX Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EmericBelasco

At the risk of redundancy, I shall repeat my previous post. It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Either that, or all of you are already aware of (or unconcerned with) what it is that I speak.

If one were interested in learning more about Fear, one may want to peruse the HHN Media Site a little more closely.

At the risk of redundancy, I shall repeat my previous post. It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Either that, or all of you are already aware of (or unconcerned with) what it is that I speak.

If one were interested in learning more about Fear, one may want to peruse the HHN Media Site a little more closely.

indeed

i understand but will they be encorparating the past icons this year???

i understand but will they be encorparating the past icons this year???

Yes, they are definitely using past icons except BM, but not totally sure about her.

Yes, they are definitely using past icons except BM, but not totally sure about her.

thanks i got worried now all we have to do is figure out if this will be thier last year??maybe fear will look for new minions??? i hope this isnt thier last year =.(.........

LOL I love how in the conference call someone mentioned Bloody Mary and it went down something like this.

"So can we expect to see Bloody Mary?"

"...................................... uhh."

"Yeah can we expect to see Bloody Mary?"

"Uh..... I stand by my original statement.... heheh."

Hahah that was amazingly awkward.

Ok so I suppose it's my turn to give my own two cents about this event :P I just spent the past 45 minutes re-reading wat all you lovies had to say and I'm surprised that alot of us share similar oppinions.

Ok so, I'm pretty excited for the houses. HAVOC still needs to grow on me; the idea seems tired to me, but either way: I'm sure I'll enjoy it. The SZ also have me pretty excited; I didnt enjoy last year's SZ at all so I'm hoping for redemption this season :]

I'm glad to see I wasnt the only one who thought Zombiegeddon was a cheese house (whcih, if it is, I'm thrilled because I can see that being AMAZING.)

I'm also ECSTATIC to see Cindy at the event :] I'm also impressed, seeing as we all saw this coming from miles off :P I can't wait to see what they do with her :]

As for the LT truth, I'm pretty excited. To be honest, before reading up a little more, the concept reminded me of an Amittyville/Thirteen Ghost mashup/ Call it far fecthed, but then again that's a personal opinion xD I need to see that movie you were all referencing now btw :P

As for the BM debate, I'm certain we'll see her this year. Not only has it been mentioned that she was cast, but...well....come on. If the interview wasn't a give away, what is? I think maybe the reason they're not advertising her like they are the other ones could be

a.) their lack-of-owning-rights or however that whole mess went doesn't allow them to

or

b.) she really does end up being Fear's Rival, seeing as she FEEDS off fear. (In theory, wouldn't that make her STRONGER than Fear? Just wondering :/ I doubt we'll see an epic fight between the pair but I won't lie when I say that would be ppretty kick ass :] I didnt think so at first but after alot more thought, I've decided I like idea :]

Now...on the subject of fear......he didn't really "scare" me. Not until I watched the HHN video in the News section. When I heard the voice...and saw the ominous flashes....I got the heeby jeebies. O_O Good work HHN :] I cannot wait to stare Fear in the face ;)

The whole reason Bloody Mary isn't mentioned is because of the copyright issues. Silly, we all agree. No need to rage about that. But it means that she can't be used in the same capacity as the official icons.

Will she appear? Yes. Will her name ever be mentioned? No.

Just so everyone knows. The HHN Hollywood site is up, and they have BM.... except they changed the name to la llorona.... the crier.....

Oh thanks, good call I was wondering about this, the event over there has bloody mary, I dont see why they can't put her here, also her name is llorona, the crier, which is a very popular hispanic story, they could have done the same here no?

call her something else? especially with having a scarezone named esqueleto muerte...

is very interesting, some of the clues and ideas we had in the past speculation were right but for that event, like nightmare man, and hockey mask,

so no Wolfman house for Cali, looks very interesting,

Edited by black7mask

Bloody Mary is not at Hollywood. Her face bears her resemblance but they are entirely different characters, with entirely different stories.

Bloody Mary will be at the Orlando event, to what capacity I don't know. As for her name, it doesn't even matter because everyone knows who she is.

I love the idea of a Fear vs. Bloody Mary... that is a hell of a concept and would be just insane

actually you made think about it, and it does sound really cool, like this will be Fear's year but then next year BM could come to fight him?

I could see that, she looks really scary, I could see her trying to take Fear's place

Bloody Mary is not at Hollywood. Her face bears her resemblance but they are entirely different characters, with entirely different stories.

More like Photoshopped all the cuts and bruises off and threw a veil over her head.

Bloody Mary will be at the Orlando event, to what capacity I don't know. As for her name, it doesn't even matter because everyone knows who she is.

They'll probably give her a codename like Gory Betty or Red Robin. :P

I wonder if Hallow'd Past will utilize ALL of the Parade Building's space. With 19 years of haunted houses to cover, I would imagine it would have to be a pretty massive house.

More like Photoshopped all the cuts and bruises off and threw a veil over her head.

They'll probably give her a codename like Gory Betty or Red Robin. :P

I wonder if Hallow'd Past will utilize ALL of the Parade Building's space. With 19 years of haunted houses to cover, I would imagine it would have to be a pretty massive house.

Yes, I'm assuming it will be quite large. Scary Tales and Silver Screams, used about one half of the building. Although, I doubt that every one of the floats will be at San Franciso, so I guess the rest willl be parked by the tents and outside of the Parade Building.

So it's 3:07am, just got home from work and ran to the computer to check the update out. Wow.

Consider me extremely excited. Very little recycled content this year, and no mainstream horror films in sight. The quick flash of the icon I got made me jump (volume is way up, was listening to music before I left lol) and (1)he looks absolutely terrifying. Here's my 2 cents on the houses this year.

-

don't he...........

l_6fca40c879e04f268a86fc6ecfb2c5c4.jpg

(where did we get the name 'FEAR'.. or is ir ADARU.. I know ADARU means FEAR.. But I wonder what he will be called most of the time..

(I.E Caretaker Vs. Albert Caine, ect.)

Orfanage (Wonder why they spelled it that way?): Probably my most anticipated house, which sucks because it's in the Jaws queue that suffers dumps from B&T and has 90+ minute lines every night. The house looks awesome though..

-

I think that the Orfanage will end up being in Carey, Ohio.. I think it will have a subtle tie in with 'The Skoolhouse' scarezone (08)

I dont know if you've hear/seen but.

In some backstage pictures that leaked showed burn walls & various burn marks.

"Cindy Bearer was a very disturbed young lady. Her Parents Paul (later and Kara ran a Funeral home, and Cindy lacked the social interaction with other children that school would bring. Her only friend was a large porcelain doll, which Cindy considered her twin sister. Her life was filled with darkness and loneness, and many a night, Cindy would befriend the corpses awaiting preparation and fulfill her imagination. Cindy was also witness to many grisly atrocities"

"This grisly display was witnessed one night as two teens decided to take a spooky stroll through the graveyard. They heard loud music playing from the funeral home and peeked inside the dirty windows. What they saw chilled them to the bone. There in the main room of the home was the Bearer family dancing with the decayed remains of corpses. Word spread quickly as police began an investigation."

"An angry Mob of family members, outraged at what had potentially became of their loved ones, took matters into their own hands destroying the funeral parlor. They set the place on fire, which engulfed the home and the Bearer family in flames."

"Cindy escaped into the graveyard, her face a trail of burning flesh. The next morning, Police and Fire officials found only the remains of Cindy’s doll, it’s porcelain face missing."

There is ALOT to read about her..

(credit ) The Vault & thanks to HHNRumors for hosting this

They were even going to trick out Line queues..

"DUELING DRAGONS

Choose your path and face the fury of the Dragons fire and ice. PUBLIC EXECUTIONERS roam the Dueling Dragon’s queue, looking for their next sacrifice. The thrilling double track coaster becomes a new fixture of excitement at Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights.

FLYING UNICORN – DARKNESS

Help protect the flying Unicorn from the evil clutches of the dark KNIGHTMARE. The towering stiltwalker roams the area with his minions of DEMONS trying to prevent you from experiencing the fantastical creatures flight. Expect the unexpected as the coaster wheels backwards around the track, startling guests at every turn and drop.

POSEIDON’S FURY

Journey through the underground caverns on an exhibition to the lost city of Atlantis. Weird things begin to happen as you enter, meeting up with your bewildered GUIDE. Suddenly, you find yourself in the middle of a perilous battle between good and evil 20,000 fathoms under the ocean surface."."

My main point being.. Perhaps if the rumor about abusive staff holds (& I believe I read a trusted member of this forum claim to have heard audio while in line for JAWS, of the staff screaming & threating things... Perhaps Cindy gets tired of the abuse & gives the staff a little taste of what that angry mob did to her..

(as I suggested before, in the spec thread.. I nice effect would be to have a gasoline smell & Cindy with a can of "Gasoline" (Water) that she splashes on you, whilst victims are running around still burnig in the hot coals of the smoldering orphanage.) I ask my self if they can make a plausible 'on fire' scene (Not real fire of course, but good effects).. Other than that thou I cannot think of anything else that would happen throughout the house... Maybe the events leading up to her snapping (being teased by the other girl for her deformitys, Staff being abusive, a bully steals her Porcelain mask reveling her burns (Fan boy squeel).. Causing her to finaly snap & make everyone else go through what she has to... I really do believe this will be VERY close to the actual story... Dont forget your cookies come Sept. 24

& yess that dump sucks.. Thats why I stay & scream... Do Parade(Building Usually THE FIRST PERSON IN on whatever night I go, but Boy was the Silver Screams cast ready), Then the sprung tent(1?)(.. Chucky, The Thing)

Catacombs: Not sure how I feel about this one. This house needs to be very dark and very musty for it to work properly with a little bit of ambient screaming and stuff in the back. Not a lot of flashing lights. Not a lot of crazy sounds. The sheer darkness and tone of catacombs are what make them so scary.

Has anyone seen the movie Catacombs.. The acting isnt great but the special effects are neat.. I remember a girl falling into a hole filled with bood & skeletons & creatures squirming threw burrowed tunnels.. coming out a to snatch a victim in... (anyone remember the octopus arms in the first few rooms of 'The Thing' that snatched people a few yards in whatever direction. I think that effect would work if redesigned right.).. People have said that they believe this house is based in Paris & whatever the second place was.. But I think it will be where these Doctors quarantined them.. Hence 'The Catacombs.. its faily obvious if you read carefully

Hades: Looks interesting. That's all I've got for now.

This is my most anticipated house (& Icon house).. The way I look at it is basicly a trip threw a non-religious hell & encoutering the terrors of all the most evil mythological creatures.. Before finaly coming face to face with a non-religious Satan.. Our new Icon ADARU (A.K.A Fear)

Horror Nights: This could be reeeeeeally interesting. Looking forward to it.

The description is very confusing.. But my predictions are a walk through a scene or two with all the icons.. The Director, shooting his latest movie.. The Caretaker performing a live autopsy. The Storyteller Pulling you into her story, where Body Collectors, Knuckle Grunts, Terra Queen & her Blood Thunder Gang,

the JP Scarezone creatures from 05 I can't remember the name of, Julian Browning USHERing you back into the Universal palace theatre.. But this time, no movie scenes, just scenes in the theatre of Julian punishing rule-breakers. A Dr. Mary Agana fear expirement, followed by a Bloody Mary scene... Then if we were to be so lucky to be a contestant on RUN! (The way it was meant to be seen.) & then our prize for making it threw the game show.. our prize is (since he is "the favorite"(My personal least favorite as far as scary.. I do love the humor thou.) a trip through Jack the Clown's newest fun house....

Havoc: I've got a feeling this is going to be a loud, fast, crazy house.

I have a feeling that this will Basicly 'The Thing: Assimilation' with a different backstory... Like you said, very Chaotic (Like TT:A).... Dont misinterpret my statement.. I am excited for this.. I Loved the thing & the concept coming back with a whole new backstory just sounds like a great sequal house (Even thou I know the backstorys arent actualy related).. I am willing to bet they use the robots again this year.. After two years off; all the kinks from the frequent breakdowns should be worked out.. Very excited for this house. (Cant you tell by my sig?)

Zombiegeddon: Definitely seems to be our cheesy house this year. Cheesy and zombies work perfectly together. This is probably my 2nd most anticipated house.

Okay.. Z-Day has came & gone.. The US Government is taking back control.. Hiring companys to "clean-up' the remaining zombies... These companys are trained to the fullest extent..... & then theres ZAP (Zombie Awarness Program)....

I am assuming ZAP will be a team of humorous, uneducated, morons... (Rednecks that just want to do it to hunt, A nerdy guy scared. ect) you know various humurous characters (not unlike L4D; Infact I wouldn't be suprised if we noticed alot of similaritys.. I.E Certain zombies are more elite; like The Witch, Hunter, Tank, Spitter(?), ect... Or maybe like an American version of 'Sean of the Dead'..

either way I think this house will have a very humorous Cheese factor (Can't beat meatz meats..Pun intended)......... While keeping maintained a certain amount of panic & fear... Unless they make the Zombies humorous too, which I hope against. But also don't think they will considering the official posted for the house..

LT: I'm not big on the whole LT thing, mostly because I'm too busy with school and work at the moment. Don't really have much to say. This is probably my least anticipated house.

I'm not too with it either.. I really just check what people that are get sent in that thread... & I check out the facebook page from time to time...,

I believe something like this we, the ghost hunters of 'Legendary Truth' go to explore this mansion & the spirits of the dead answer us with violence.. (I'm getting a 'Paranormal Activity' vibe.)

Psychoscarepy: Shadybrook with ghosts? Something tell me this is just going to be a rehash of the original PS, except they're all dressed/painted in white. But who knows.

Something tells me that this house will be VERY similar to LT.. Except in Shady Brook instead of the Wyandot(sp?) Residence..

But I am actually excited.. Ive never stepped foot in Shady Brook.. The first one I didn't go that year.. PS:MM I couldn't go in because my girlfriend at the time had a clown phobia... Only Saw PS:HFTH.. Which I loved. Theres Something about the evil spirits of dead Psychopaths.. Imagine how insane those guys were.... Now with them being dead, nothing can stop them.

What I've got for scarezones so far:

1. The Coven - Trees & Birds.??????

2. Zombie Gras - Zombie Mardi Gras' (Anyone got a little more back story spec?)

3. Saws & Steam -A city in a water drought, Who will stop at nothing for your fluids )does this mean lack of water turned them into cannibals?

4. Esqueleto Muerte - Glow in the Dark, Sexy Dancers?

5. XX Revealed - The Storyteller(Mythos), The Director(Sacrifice), Bloody Mary(Death), The Usher(Vengence), Jack(Chaos)

FEAR Gave them there power, created them.. Father of all HHN.. Now he is coming to join them.. ADURA.. FEAR.

6. HHN: TYoF Darkness, Fire King, The Mummy, Body Collectors(?), Treaks & Foons(?), Midway of the Bizarre Characters.

(Can someone tell me what the two faces on top are in the poster for this scarezone.. I recognize Darkness, Fire King, & The Mummy.

I don't know, I can see why people could be disappointed but I am just so happy to have the info, this year was so hush hush about all the info about the event that I just really wanted to know what were the scarezones and houses about, so when the update finally happened today I was really happy with it, I know it doesn't have as much stuff like last years but I still love the look and the feeling to it,

I am satisfied with it

Just because we got the attractions list, doesnt mean the site wont update again.. perhaps with teaser footage, ect.

If you have been following LT, I think they basically say that Fear was summoned from the lantern, I think, by the five icons. He has the appearance of thorny branches. I looked for a quote, but I'm sleepy and couldn't find it. Heh.

I would like to see that when you find it,

This is like flippin' christmas for me.

Houses:

I wet my self for joy for all of the houses... except Hades. And thats only because the name is in Clash of the Titans font. Okay, so Zombiegeddon seems cliche, and I don't know how well the LT ghost thing or the Scareapy ghost thing will turn out...here's to hoping for the best. But Hallow'd... GODDAMMIT YES!!1! Mind you, I have only been to HHN Hollywood, so this is a chance to catch up on all that I've heard and seen before. Orfanage? You got your Cindy... now quit complaining. Where's MY Eddy? (Thats what Im saying..) Other than Hallow'd? (I am assuming he will be there.. If not he better finaly get his own year for 21)

But I'm expecting Jack in PS, so there is that. BUT DAMMIT, YES!! I've been waiting for too long now...

I Doubt Jack being in PS.. They have already played that out at SWEET 16 with PS: MM...

I think Jack will be the final room in HOLLOW'd.. Since like I said before., he is the GP Favorite..

Although this year seems to be geared to us Die Hards.. I just now I better see Eddie, Darkness, The Director, & EelMouth.. Rather house or street.. Preferebly house for Eddie & Director... the top of this post to get my spec on how HHN HP will work,

Scarezones:

Steampunks. It had to be steampunks. Dammit.

Then we have stoner-vision-disco-death...

A flashback scarezone... (You forgot the Flash Forward zone XX Revealed.. Where the description confirms FEAR will be in the street.)

The Coven: I. HATE. BIRDS. Not fear them, but hate them with a passion.

Zombie Gras: Okay, so this is far better than what I was expecting for the "Mardis Gras" zone... I think it's kinda humorous, in that "Killed by an ambulance" way.

And screw the complaints about the update. We got the houses, zones, story... We finally got all the carp. Besides, this IS Universal. They'll probably throw in things for the next several weeks. Be patient.

Fear, I compared him to Jonathan Crane(Scarecrow) last night and how they are similar, seeking peoples' fears. I think I heard Bloody Mary in Fear's voice.

Where at, The Story page?... Does he say different things if I just leave it sitting on that page?

Some images of this and that... such as...

our icon...

Great find......

------------------------------

Ok I just wanna be the one to say that I thought up the new Icons backstory weeks ago. I posted it days ago (before it was announced) in the Spec thread... I had no idea of the name or look.. Just that he would be the person behind HHN Past.

Edited by Shadow Creek