HHN XX Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely excited about everything I've seen so far. This is the first time in the short amount of years that I've been attending that I've been this scared for the event. When I first saw the video of Fear himself talking, I almost cried. I have witnesses, haha.

I'm happy that they chose to go in the direction that they are going. Rather than just give us a rehash anniversary year, they opted for new and exciting. If this is any indication of years to come, I can't wait.

I would say that I'm especially excited to see certain houses/scarezones but they all seem exciting to me in some ways. The houses that stand out the most to me though are the Orfanage, the LT house and the Hades house. I also want to see what's lurking in Psychoscareapy and the Hallow'd house. The scarezones look AMAZING, just my style.

This year is dark, mysterious and full of Fear. It's already shaping up to be my favorite. I can't wait for Employee Preview Night. Just a little under 30 days to go.

Edited by Amber

Um...ok.

It looks...pretty good. Some of the houses sound interesting...Hades, especially. But where is the evolutionary leap? Where is that "Oh My God!" that I was assured would be there? It seems, more or less, like any other year to me. The only thing that sounds any different at all is the stage show. Bringing all the icons together has been done before, though (except for Julian, who, let's face it, no one really wanted to see again). We've also had demonic characters, Nightmare and Darkness. I suppose sacrificing the icons to the lantern and the "Revelation of Fear" will get some mileage...but how exactly can Fear be revealed over and over and over again? And are we going to see the icons destroyed every 90 minutes, 3 times nightly?

Something is missing here. Even the website seems kind of basic. It's just "Here it is". No clickables, no story, just "Fear".

I mean, not that it's BAD, but it isn't blowing my mind or anything. I would be lying if I didn't say I felt just a WEE bit disappointed.

It seems there should be something more. Hm. Perhaps I'm just being curmudgeonly. The Cindy house sounds great, too bad it's in the JAWS queue.

But I still can't shake the feeling that something isn't right...

Um...ok.

It looks...pretty good. Some of the houses sound interesting...Hades, especially. But where is the evolutionary leap? Where is that "Oh My God!" that I was assured would be there? It seems, more or less, like any other year to me. The only thing that sounds any different at all is the stage show. Bringing all the icons together has been done before, though (except for Julian, who, let's face it, no one really wanted to see again). We've also had demonic characters, Nightmare and Darkness. I suppose sacrificing the icons to the lantern and the "Revelation of Fear" will get some mileage...but how exactly can Fear be revealed over and over and over again? And are we going to see the icons destroyed every 90 minutes, 3 times nightly?

Something is missing here. Even the website seems kind of basic. It's just "Here it is". No clickables, no story, just "Fear".

I mean, not that it's BAD, but it isn't blowing my mind or anything. I would be lying if I didn't say I felt just a WEE bit disappointed.

It seems there should be something more. Hm. Perhaps I'm just being curmudgeonly. The Cindy house sounds great, too bad it's in the JAWS queue.

But I still can't shake the feeling that something isn't right...

I've heard this response from a few other people as well. How long have you been attending/following the website?

I think for me, the reason I'm so excited is that I only have the last two years to compare it to & this is the first year I've been fully involved from start to finish. I also get scared easily and I viewed the update alone in the dark with my friends on Skype.

Perhaps maybe if you have more years of experience with HHN that's why you're disappointed. You have more expectations because you have more from the past to compare it to. Just a thought.

I've heard this response from a few other people as well. How long have you been attending/following the website?

I think for me, the reason I'm so excited is that I only have the last two years to compare it to & this is the first year I've been fully involved from start to finish. I also get scared easily and I viewed the update alone in the dark with my friends on Skype.

Perhaps maybe if you have more years of experience with HHN that's why you're disappointed. You have more expectations because you have more from the past to compare it to. Just a thought.

I think people were expecting a little too much. Sort of like when I played Halo 2 for so many years, I got extremely hyped and crazy for Halo 3, and it sucked. I think the biggest factor in why it sucked was because I was expecting so much.

I love the update, and the biggest factor is probably the fact that I wasn't super crazy hyped for it like I have been other things lately. If you were really hyped for it, I could see why it would be a letdown. But for someone whos thought process this whole time was "oh cool, an update is coming up :)" and not "OMG NEW UPDATE ADKGHKSJDGHKSJDHKA" I must say I am satisfied.

I think people were expecting a little too much. Sort of like when I played Halo 2 for so many years, I got extremely hyped and crazy for Halo 3, and it sucked. I think the biggest factor in why it sucked was because I was expecting so much.

I love the update, and the biggest factor is probably the fact that I wasn't super crazy hyped for it like I have been other things lately. If you were really hyped for it, I could see why it would be a letdown. But for someone whos thought process this whole time was "oh cool, an update is coming up :)" and not "OMG NEW UPDATE ADKGHKSJDGHKSJDHKA" I must say I am satisfied.

Exactly. I was excited but I had put it out of my head until today because I didn't have time to sit and anticipate. Plus, I've learned that if you look forward to something enough, it'll just end up disappointing you because your expectations are too high. Haha. Which is basically just rewording what you said.

Halo is meh anyway. =p

This description of Saws n Steam leapt out at me:

Beware upon entering the city, as the water in your body is now a coveted resource. And the citizens will stop at nothing to get it.

Sounds similar to how in Bioshock (video game), the citizens of the underwater city wanted to harvest the 'Adam' (a power source) from your player's body. I know a lot of people have said how a Bioshock house would rock, but I'm not suggesting for one minute that we'll see Big Daddys roaming the street... the setting is completely different. Still, Bioshock has a very heavy steampunk theme, and much like how Buffy's "Gentlemen" were an inspiration for the Collectors in image only, perhaps we'll see some elements of the game appear in this scarezone.

I don't know, I can see why people could be disappointed but I am just so happy to have the info, this year was so hush hush about all the info about the event that I just really wanted to know what were the scarezones and houses about, so when the update finally happened today I was really happy with it, I know it doesn't have as much stuff like last years but I still love the look and the feeling to it,

I am satisfied with it

Maybe. I've been going since HHN12, so yeah, I'm a veteran. And I want to love this update, I really do.But I don't. I only like it. A bit. That's all.

I can see your point, but that's not really me. I'm a "Don't believe the hype" kind of guy. I wasn't super fanboy pumped or anything, but I was expecting something...more. I must say I am not especially satisfied. FEAR had better kick a shit-ton of ass.

EDIT: Oh, NOW it double posts. Sorry.

EDIT by RaiZe: It's cool :P

Edited by RaiZe

46639_1579777452515_1178037721_31671229_311572_n.jpg

Mr. Fear baby

i was looking at the fear picture and I was thinking, all those roots on his head, is he directly connected to the lantern? or, is he supposed to come from the earth, the ground? like dug out?

I wonder is he going to carry the lantern around the park?

Also, I was reading the catacomb house info,and, is this an infected house like containment or a ghost house, because they say 500 years later, makes it sound like the infected is going to rise after being trapped, so that would make 3 ghost houses?

i was looking at the fear picture and I was thinking, all those roots on his head, is he directly connected to the lantern? or, is he supposed to come from the earth, the ground? like dug out?

I wonder is he going to carry the lantern around the park?

Also, I was reading the catacomb house info,and, is this an infected house like containment or a ghost house, because they say 500 years later, makes it sound like the infected is going to rise after being trapped, so that would make 3 ghost houses?

If you have been following LT, I think they basically say that Fear was summoned from the lantern, I think, by the five icons. He has the appearance of thorny branches. I looked for a quote, but I'm sleepy and couldn't find it. Heh.

i was looking at the fear picture and I was thinking, all those roots on his head, is he directly connected to the lantern?

Maybe he's related to the Terra Queen? Hahaha. I kid, but that's what I thought when I saw glimpses of the top of his head in the video.

This year is interesting because every year, we've had well known characters from either movies or popular culture to sort of guide us. This is a "back-to-basics" feel this year, more on ideas and stories than just characters we've known and loved before. Yes, we have a few returning ideas from past HHN, but everything else is very based on myths, paranormal activity and horror favorites like zombies and ghosts.

Most excited: Hades, Psycho-Scareapy, Orfanage and HHN Hallow'd Past.

Maybe he's related to the Terra Queen? Hahaha. I kid, but that's what I thought when I saw glimpses of the top of his head in the video.

This year is interesting because every year, we've had well known characters from either movies or popular culture to sort of guide us. This is a "back-to-basics" feel this year, more on ideas and stories than just characters we've known and loved before. Yes, we have a few returning ideas from past HHN, but everything else is very based on myths, paranormal activity and horror favorites like zombies and ghosts.

Most excited: Hades, Psycho-Scareapy, Orfanage and HHN Hallow'd Past.

I totally agree. Even in Bloody Mary year there were some houses based on movies, but we finally have original houses. I'm excited to see everything. But most of all, Hades, Orfanage(not based on the film mind you), Hallow'd Past, Even Legendary Truth may be really interesting.

As far as the web site, I'm not impressed. I've seen previous years that have both lead up to and had final info that was presented in a much better fashion (in my opinion). With the way web pages have evolved over the years, I have kind of gotten used to eye candy and interactivity. Maybe its just me. I've been attending since 1993 when there was no web info. But now a days...

Now as for the event, I think all the houses sound good with the exception of Havoc... not sure what to think there. I'm interested in the Muertos scare zone (or how ever it's spelled) but I'm not sure how it's going to be scary versus just being cool. Everyone has their specific tastes so its all good really.

I do have to agree with wondering about the "pitch" how this year will be elevated into something new. Guess Universal can't convey that in the web site so we'll just have to wait until we all get a chance to attend the event to see if & how that plays out. Who knows?

This is like flippin' christmas for me.

Houses:

I wet my self for joy for all of the houses... except Hades. And thats only because the name is in Clash of the Titans font. Okay, so Zombiegeddon seems cliche, and I don't know how well the LT ghost thing or the Scareapy ghost thing will turn out...here's to hoping for the best. But Hallow'd... GODDAMMIT YES!!1! Mind you, I have only been to HHN Hollywood, so this is a chance to catch up on all that I've heard and seen before. Orfanage? You got your Cindy... now quit complaining. Where's MY Eddy? Other than Hallow'd?

But I'm expecting Jack in PS, so there is that. BUT DAMMIT, YES!! I've been waiting for too long now...

Scarezones:

Steampunks. It had to be steampunks. Dammit.

Then we have stoner-vision-disco-death...

A flashback scarezone...

The Coven: I. HATE. BIRDS. Not fear them, but hate them with a passion.

Zombie Gras: Okay, so this is far better than what I was expecting for the "Mardis Gras" zone... I think it's kinda humorous, in that "Killed by an ambulance" way.

And screw the complaints about the update. We got the houses, zones, story... We finally got all the carp. Besides, this IS Universal. They'll probably throw in things for the next several weeks. Be patient.

I can't wait love the update though I am hoping scareapy doesn't have a return to the bathroom. -after all ghosts don't poo-

I'm really wanting to meet Cindy this year I missed last year

I hope the ghost thing is better than ship of screams ghosts I was totally underwelmed

Edited by crashcarnage

If you have been following LT, I think they basically say that Fear was summoned from the lantern, I think, by the five icons. He has the appearance of thorny branches. I looked for a quote, but I'm sleepy and couldn't find it. Heh.

no.... I dont follow LT, I wish I did but I dont really understand how it works, and their site needs a password so I don't but That sounds really interesting, So i guess there is going to be One actor dressed as Fear in the scarezone, I wonder why they didn't gave him a house, or would he be in all the houses in a small way... seems to me that with Fear being so important they didn't gave him much...

I can't wait love the update though I am hoping scareapy doesn't have a return to the bathroom. -after all ghosts don't poo-

But does poo have ghosts? I mean can the restless spirits of thousands of Number 2's still haunt the broken fixtures of the abandoned sanitarium's lavatories with a foul odor that reeks (literally) of the Bowels of Hell itself?

I stayed up for the update last night (glad it came a little early) and I'm happy with what was revealed. I'm looking forward to almost everything they've put out there for this year, and even the ones I'm not too excited about I expect will be interesting at least. I think it's going to be a great event. I'll miss the RHPS but I didn't think it would be returning this year anyway so I was prepared for that.

Its funny to see some of us blown away by the concept for this year... and then the nay sayers come along.

I honestly think some people wont be happy with anything.

I don't like zombies, I don't like the website, I didn't like the updates...

I for one am impressed. This... thing freaks me out already and I haven't really seen it.

Edited by JWFearman