HHN XX Discussion

I am free to reveal that I had heard from THREE different sources that the facade for 22 was the Screamhouse. Apparently those individuals saw a Victorian Mansion and couldn't tell the difference. But later rumors about LT investigations began to lead me in the correct direction.

Yes, I admit that my lack of knowledge about the event and trusting the words of everyone around me who does know more lead me to believe this was a Caretaker house. I apologize for the misinformation, Jimmy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I admit that my lack of knowledge about the event and trusting the words of everyone around me who does know more lead me to believe this was a Caretaker house. I apologize for the misinformation, Jimmy.

That's Ok, you weren't the only one who thought that.

Rather than brag about what I got right, I'd like to talk about what I got wrong. Because that's how I am.

So how did they fool me? Well I knew there would be a Shady Brook house and I knew there would be a Plague House - BUT I thought they would be the same house! I had been going with a haunted prison or asylum idea until I heard about the plague and thought that it all was in 23.

I really thought Disaster would be a game theme, i knew there would be zombies but a zombie training facility did not cross my mind. I also thought old Jack's nemesis Dr. Oddfellow would be involved.

I am free to reveal that I had heard from THREE different sources that the facade for 22 was the Screamhouse. Apparently those individuals saw a Victorian Mansion and couldn't tell the difference. But later rumors about LT investigations began to lead me in the correct direction.

They fooled everybody with this witchcraft sz making us think it was linked to the Greek house.

I really did not expect an entire steampunk zone, rather i thought either plague or ice queen themed.

although in the past few days i expected the mexican dead zone, i never realized the glowing mummy photo on the media page was from there and thought that a sprung tent house would use the DE effect again. This was also because i did not realize that plague and prison were 2 houses.

although i knew that fear personified was coming as a new icon, i did not know what "con-artist" meant and so did not know what would be at Mel's

And of course like everybody else I expected a zone in kidzone with willow huts? whats up with that?

Finally it was a surprise to hear about Brushwood. Although we all heard he was scheduled somewhere unrevealed every night of the event, and this seemed suspicious, I was always told that Universal banned him from performing there ever again for cause.

Welll, time out. As it pertains to the caretaker.... This is the Wyandot House. As in, Wyandot County...where the spawning are from, where EVERYTHING has been tied back to, including the Caretaker's mansion.

Who says Caretaker was the first to live there? what if he ended up in that house (as the personification) because of what happened IN that house?

For those of us who are incapable to reach a computer, are there blurbs about the houses and zones or is it just the names? If there are blurbs can someone post them typed up, or screenshots? I'm dying for more information regarding zombiegeddon.

My impressions after letting it all sink in:

-Bummed majorly they're doing a LT truth house. I think doing just the investigation is fine but giving it its own house is a waste of a perfectly good house. Plus I'm sure those not following it are either going to appreciate it much more or less than those so absorbed by LT.

-The Hades house- they say you'll be walking through the Underworld and most people's thoughts for that are a pretty grand scaled thing, so I'm interested to see how they pull that off and not let it be a big fake cave with flickery red lights ;)

-I'm all for the Cindy house. I think this will be a blast. Same with PsychoScareapy. I do like that they mispelled orphanage (Orfanage) it seems pretty clear thats for all the fans who begged to get her in the event. This is a house for them.

-It upset me they're essentially redoing the Shadows of the Past scarezone from last year with the 20 years of fear one. Granted, a majority of people didn't get to see it and I'm sure there will be more to it, but it feels like a freebie for Universal.

-The Fear Revealed zone sounds like it should be a stage show upon entering and less a scarezone, but I think this will be a good one.

-Day of the Dead scarezone sounds great. They normally do a neon house, and none seem to fit this year so does this count in its place?

-I'm over zombies. A scarezone and house seems a bit much. The scarezone would be great but a post zombie apocolypse house again feels like an afterthought on their part.

-I'm on the fence with the HHN house. I don't think its a museum or a warehouse or anything said before anymore now as it seems from the description they're saying its a whole world where HHN never dies. If done right, this could be great. I just fear its going to be a Jack room followed by a Caretaker Room like a museum would. They have a chance to get very creative with that and I hope they take it.

The others I'm undecided about. I'm trying to see more of a pattern to why these houses and scarezones (aside from the obvious ones) because a few just feel tossed in there like leftovers from a design meeting. We'll see. I do, no matter what, think it will be infinitely better than last year.

I'm liking the slogan "There's nothing to fear but Fear Himself" And the hints we've seen of it are fun. Overall very excited!

Edited by jmorri26

Now I am fully stoked for this!!!

I love it how there is no "mainstream" horrors like Freddy, Jason, or any other movies being portrayed. I think all of this original stuff makes it scarier because save for maybe a few houses/scarezones we're going into the unknown. And this new icon..."He" will be revealed. I love the mystery behind it. This is gonna be a fun year!

Welll, time out. As it pertains to the caretaker.... This is the Wyandot House. As in, Wyandot County...where the spawning are from, where EVERYTHING has been tied back to, including the Caretaker's mansion.

Who says Caretaker was the first to live there? what if he ended up in that house (as the personification) because of what happened IN that house?

very very good points here

So, is Fear Revealed a scarezone or a show? It would make more sense if it were a show and Kidzone was a scarezone, which would equal out to our sacred 8 houses, 6 zones.

I was thinking a show like where they had the one for Sweet 16 and Carnival of Carnage. And I think Esqueleto Muerte might be in that path from Mel's to Kidzone

idk if anyone else notices, but in the Fear Revealed, there are the faces. From what i can tell its Caretaker,Jack,The Director,The Storyteller,and The Usher. Hence the 5 souls (Chaos,Death,Sacrifice,Mythos,and Vengeance) so im guessing this is gunna be more of an Arrival show.

It actually has been what we been rumoring. Using these 5 icons (or vessals for the souls) to ressurect FEAR!!

Can someone list an educated guess to the locations of the houses & scarezones?..

This update is amazing.. & I cant wait for the full unmasking of the new icon

EDIT:

I love how the have the HHN - 20 YoF SZ & a XX Fear Revealed zone

The 20 YoF could be past... & the XX FR could be the new characters we will see in future years

Edited by Shadow Creek