HHN XX Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering...usually opening weekend to me is prime time for hhn, it usually has low waits as most people will wait till october to go. The only house that ever has an abusrd wait is the one in jaws. so Orfanage i expect a wait. but do you think this being a big year will it affect the usual crowds at hhn? I hope not, cause i already have tix. just a thought big year, big crowds?

just wondering...usually opening weekend to me is prime time for hhn, it usually has low waits as most people will wait till october to go. The only house that ever has an abusrd wait is the one in jaws. so Orfanage i expect a wait. but do you think this being a big year will it affect the usual crowds at hhn? I hope not, cause i already have tix. just a thought big year, big crowds?

maybe <_< , Also I remember some people (including me) were wondering if the Harry potter crowds would affect the event or not...

The past few years, the JAWS queue has been home to the "icon" house- SAW (09), Bloody Mary (08) Friday the 13th (07), which usually made the queue so crowded. This year, with Cindy being less known by the public and "FEAR" being the icon, I don't think the Jaws queue will be as packed.

I think it would be awesome if there was a giant lantern where the Skoolhouse was a few years back (by Mel's).

Perhaps with a perpetual flame effect and the bodies of our past icons trapped inside, reaching out from the lantern's crevices, burning in Fear's fire.

I have attended HHN on opening weekend numerous times and I have always been able to see all the houses, scarezones, and even catch the Bill and Ted all in the same night. Doing the Stay and Scream probably helps but regardless of the year or how big the event is going to be, Opening weekend to me is a great time to go...B)

Catacombs. Black Death Rising.

This house will be terrifying, hopefully. Ever since I saw a show on tv as a little kid, even the word "catacombs" has scared me.

I have found the clip from that show:

Part 1:

Part 2:

thats was pretty cool. i'd be shitting myself if i was them lol no joke

Some highlights of the Webcast for anybody who hasn't listened to it.....

First off, I was multitasking while listening to the call so I didn't take great notes and nothing is really an exact quote. "Any question in quotes" is from a participant on the call...and while in quotes, it's paraphrased. This is a jumbled mess full of typos, but don't feel like cleaning it up. My MP3 player isn't the best for rewinding and stuff, so I just did my best to capture the big points. I probably switch between semi-quoting (typing stuff like "we tried to....") and then talking in the 3rd person ("they decided..."). That's just because after listening to it for 50min and doing some work while listening, I confused myself :)

The three biggies in my opinion are highlighted in RED.

There will be future Psychotherapy and Body Collector Houses.

We still have a few things under our belts that we have to announce about fear over the next few weeks.

We're going to say goodbye to some of the sequel houses you're used to seeing....for a few years at least.

New houses and zones with new characters to see which resonate and which ones will be the icons in 21, 22, 23, and down the road.

History house and scarezones will each have some characters from streets (in houses this year) and from the houses (in streets this year).

We will be incorporating Open Flames into once of our houses for the first time.

No past character is off limits either within the houses or streets. "Does that include Bloody Mary?" I stand by my statment.

The LT house was ready to go a couple years ago, but then they scrapped it until now.

You may see a couple IP characters, maybe a Wolfman, maybe a Frankenstein...something like that. But we didn't want to dedicate a single IP to a full property this year.

In the future, we might go after IP properties...if something is hot enough and popular enough, yeah, we'll look into pursuing it.

Orlando and Hollywood are completely different development teams. Hollywood is mostly movie related and they start developing muuuuuuch later in the process so if we have something good and moive related, they might develop the same theme but, take it in a different direction

The latern is extremely important and represents the past 20 years...and the fear that has been building for 20 years has created a physical embodyment of that fear.

"Did any inspiration for the Z-Day house come from the Zombie Survival Guide?" Ummmm,it's a great book! Ha ha ha. Today, you cannot do ANYTHING zombie-related without pulling some inspiration from ZombieLand, World War Z, and all the other Zombie movies and books that have come out the last 10 years. Zombies are very Chic now...they are last years Vampires.

You'll be happy with the direction we took with the Zombie House. If you you Google "Zombie Rules" you'll be surprised at the thousands of pages that come up, each with their own set of rules. You'll be happy with the set of rules we came up with and our take on what would happen if the zombie apocalypse were to actually occur. How would you deal with that? Who would you turn to to teach you how to deal with zombies?

Bill & Ted is in it's 19th year and still going strong. The last 5-7 years has really changed the show with all the YouTube watchers...attention spans have gotten extremely shorter in relation to entertainment. We've had to adjust the focus of the show to fit this shift in attention spans. It's rare for anybody to sit for more than a minute watching the same thign, so every minute or so during the show, we ahve to introduce something new. Every year there is a plot...a VERY loose plot.

This year, in the story, Bill & Ted might face the possiblity of replacement. I'll leave it there. And IN THE STORY!!!! They aren't going anywhere so don't start complaining about getting rid of the Bill and Ted show.

Main speaker (sorry, not sure who it is...Aiello maybe?) said it's his LAST YEAR involved with Bill & Ted. He's been involved for about 9 years and directed it the past 5 years.

"Did you already have this story in mind years ago when you introduced all the various icons?" (pause) I have to say that's an answer we really don't want to reveal! Some of us weren't even involved with the planning 20 years ago, but TJ was...I was a member of the Chainsaw Team back then.

Manifesting Fear as a physical presense is a scary thing. To literally be within Fear's grasp. We decided that a while ago and over the past months TJ and the Web Team have fleshed that out and developed a whole back story.

"In 2002 you had to abandon your icon (Cindy) to to events and you very publically said you were changing it. What changed that made you tink it was OK to do a house based on a child this year?" Cindy has always been a psuedo icon. When we put her out there and introduced her to the fans and then we pulled her from the event...there was an outrage there from the fans. That was the Caretaker year...if we hadn't pulled Cindy, we never would have had a Caretaker. We've known that since Cindy was created she's had a backstory that has basically been created by the fans. We placed images of her in houses that the Caretaker was associated with. This year, she is not the Icon of the event, but we knew in the 20th year we had to have a house for the fans that centered around Cindy. We've known for a long time that fans wanted to see more of her. In the 2009 Shadows of the Past Zone added at the end of the year, Jack would be right there and people would run by him to get their picture taken with Cindy!

"How do you take the concept of fear and bring it to live to actually have a face? What is this guy going to look like?" We can't comment on this right now, because as the weeks go by, you'll see more and more of Fear revealed. We've only revealed part of his facial structure so far...there's a lot going on with this guy, he's a BIG BIG THING. As the weeks progress, you'll see more of him and how he progresses and how he's linked to the past 20 years. He HAS been with the even for the past 20 years and you will see and undersand that. He's more monsterous and less human than the other 5 main icons. He's a bigger presence.

"Is he a presence that we will actually physically see in the park as opposed to something more of just from an advertising standpoint?" They will see it, feel it, taste it. He is an all encompassing figure. "I ask because the Usher wasn't really seen in the park, but he was a force in the advertising campain" The Icon that is fear has a presence in the advertising campaing...but yes, absolutely, he is represented physically in the park. And maybe in the entryway video as you come into the park.

"You might be rolling your eyes at this one, but do the trees have anything significant to do with this year or was that just something to throw us off?" To be honest, trees came up early in the year and they sorta fell off the table (got some feedback on the recording so I might have that part wrong) but as you can see there are still roots involved with the latern and stuff. They definately have a visual impact this year.

Edited by Oysterhead00

Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th conference call recap? I think one is enough.

I actually prefer more than one because one person may have left some things out, and another person may have went into more detail, etc.

Chill out. =p

(btw, I was totally being serious.)

I think it would be awesome if there was a giant lantern where the Skoolhouse was a few years back (by Mel's).

Perhaps with a perpetual flame effect and the bodies of our past icons trapped inside, reaching out from the lantern's crevices, burning in Fear's fire.

The lantern isn't going by Mel's. The lantern itself is fear's realm and this year we are ENTERING into that world. Much like passing through the mirror to enter BM world we have to pass through the lantern to get to FEAR.

The lantern isn't going by Mel's. The lantern itself is fear's realm and this year we are ENTERING into that world. Much like passing through the mirror to enter BM world we have to pass through the lantern to get to FEAR.

So the lantern could be at the entrance of Uni? instead of the screen?

Edited by black7mask

you know, in regards to what I've read from the interviews (including the little recap posted above) is that the head honchos of HHN will almost be testing our reactions to get ideas for icons, houses, etc down the road. As awsome as that is, it gave me a thought....

do you think maybe they're testing the publics reaction to Cindy? Think there might be a possibility that we may see her later on in the future? I for one, wouldn't be complaining. I'm sure once the general public (not just us screaming fan girls/boys) gets a gander at her and her backstory, I think she'll be pretty damn popular :]

Also, in regards to the lantern, didn't it mention in one of the scarezone descriptions something along the lines of "step into the lantern's glow" or something along those lines? Maybe we WILL have a huge ass lantern after all :P Ooooh can you imagine it.....with the actual icons inside, their hands pressed against the glass and screaming out to us to be freed.......hehe....sorry......got kinda caught up there for a moment xD

do you think maybe they're testing the publics reaction to Cindy? Think there might be a possibility that we may see her later on in the future? I for one, wouldn't be complaining. I'm sure once the general public (not just us screaming fan girls/boys) gets a gander at her and her backstory, I think she'll be pretty damn popular :]

Maybe, but I'm a little hesitant to agree completely. I don't think the GP will really grasp where exactly Cindy is from. Considering her home has been destroyed (three times over) and her family is "dead" (and Daddy Dearest may be dying again this year), I don't see Orfanage doing a full connection between Cindy and her actual past. If anything, there may be some images of the Caretaker near Cindy's room. If anything, they may be attempting to reestablish her specific cannon without the direct connection. Only the fans will really know about it.

That's one thing I've noticed in exploring HHN cannon is that most people who visit the event don't really know the backstories behind the characters, the houses, etc. They only care about the theme. You saw it constantly on the Facebook page where people kept asking, "What's the theme," "Who's the mascot," "What's the theme?" They only care about the easy visuals. Even the concept of the personification of Fear seems a little heady to a lot of people. They're not going to care about how Jack represents Chaos and the Storyteller represents Mythos. Most in the GP don't even know who Cindy is know. Orfanage isn't going to tell that story. It's simply a new one.

Actually they did not say there would be new Psychscareapy and Body Collectors houses, but that they were hoping to discover what new house franchises would be the next Psychoscareapy or Body Collectors, i.e. the new next successful house franchises in the coming years.

Maybe, but I'm a little hesitant to agree completely. I don't think the GP will really grasp where exactly Cindy is from. Considering her home has been destroyed (three times over) and her family is "dead" (and Daddy Dearest may be dying again this year), I don't see Orfanage doing a full connection between Cindy and her actual past. If anything, there may be some images of the Caretaker near Cindy's room. If anything, they may be attempting to reestablish her specific cannon without the direct connection. Only the fans will really know about it.

That's one thing I've noticed in exploring HHN cannon is that most people who visit the event don't really know the backstories behind the characters, the houses, etc. They only care about the theme. You saw it constantly on the Facebook page where people kept asking, "What's the theme," "Who's the mascot," "What's the theme?" They only care about the easy visuals. Even the concept of the personification of Fear seems a little heady to a lot of people. They're not going to care about how Jack represents Chaos and the Storyteller represents Mythos. Most in the GP don't even know who Cindy is know. Orfanage isn't going to tell that story. It's simply a new one.

I have reason to believe that the Caretaker may appear in the queue video for this house.

Actually they did not say there would be new Psychscareapy and Body Collectors houses, but that they were hoping to discover what new house franchises would be the next Psychoscareapy or Body Collectors, i.e. the new next successful house franchises in the coming years.

I have reason to believe that the Caretaker may appear in the queue video for this house.

Has the Jaws queue ever had a queue video before?

EDIT: I personally do not remember one ever being there. It seems like it would be difficult to pull off. Where would they show the video at and how could you hear it over Bill and Ted?

Edited by Dick

Has the Jaws queue ever had a queue video before?

EDIT: I personally do not remember one ever being there. It seems like it would be difficult to pull off. Where would they show the video at and how could you hear it over Bill and Ted?

To my knowledge, the only houses to ever get queue videos have been in the soundstages or Earthquake/Disaster, where there is sufficient space to do so or they was room to erect a large screen, like Pyschopath in 2006.