HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't wait until RTU is over and the complete overhaul construction can begin. I talked to someone in guest services and people going to RTU was complaining about some of the hhn stuff being up. So I heard they covered most of the stuff for the event so they won't get bitched at. Some people just need to grow up they know it is around halloween time and if they don't want to see stuff go to night of joy at disney.

I can't wait to see the set for the coven scarezone.

Yeah, I imagine next week this topic will be flooded with photos of all the new props. I personally can’t wait to see what The Coven will look like, I have high hopes for it.

I think we'll see the stone-columns from the concept art placed in the Coven. I also expect they will be placing trees in the alley.

from my understanding, and I may be wrong about this... but RTU is like NOJ in the fact that while its held at universal, ticketed by them, and staffed by them it is actually in reality a private event where the organizers have worked out a deal with the park to hold it there etc, and in return universal gets a percentage and a handy tax break for a charitable contribution. Its the organizers who handle what dates the event is held and keep it during those days.

and in that case.... they should be aware its during this time that universal prepares for HHN, and should take responsibility for the knowledge that props maybe out at that time. And, if they find those things offensive, they should find a new time of year to hold the event.

of course that would involve people taking personal responsibility AND not expecting others to cater to their beliefs like they are the only ones in the world.

Edited by TheEyeOfHorus

They have been putting up decorations for HHN for at least a week....the only thing they did today was to cover all of the sets with black sheets. I don't see it as keeping them from getting ready for HHN, but just allowing the RTU people to enjoy their event without possibly being offended by the HHN stuff. It doesn't cater to anyone, but just makes it easier for all.

They will still have 2 weeks to decorate "The Coven" and "Saws N Steam" which I see as plenty of time.

Not sure what all the debating is about.....

They have been putting up decorations for HHN for at least a week....the only thing they did today was to cover all of the sets with black sheets. I don't see it as keeping them from getting ready for HHN, but just allowing the RTU people to enjoy their event without possibly being offended by the HHN stuff. It doesn't cater to anyone, but just makes it easier for all.

They will still have 2 weeks to decorate "The Coven" and "Saws N Steam" which I see as plenty of time.

Not sure what all the debating is about.....

It comes from a page back and someone saying they were talking to someone at guest services and the reason they put the black sheets up were because someone complained about the sets being there for rtu. I can't wait to see the set for the coven. I don't know why but I am looking forward to that scare zone a lot.

Here's a few shots of the "censorship" for Rock the Universe.

Esquelto Muerte

http://yfrog.com/jt53jwj

http://yfrog.com/jbf5ujj

http://yfrog.com/5l2tzj

Hollywood

http://yfrog.com/jwoonwj

http://yfrog.com/137a4xj

http://yfrog.com/mmm8zyj

Pumpkins, Zombie Gras and Saws 'n Steam were not modified in any way. Pumpkins were at completion. I was pleasantly surprised at how effectively they covered everything up. There was literally no way for anyone to see the props and set pieces that were concealed.

Also of note, though really nothing I'd call news worthy, I was walking by Shrek when I noticed something to do with Esquelto. Underneath the tarps were electric candles that seemed to have been left on. I went behind a few more of the flats and noticed them lit under the tarps as well. Safe to assume we'll see these lit up like that during the event.

http://twitpic.com/2n7xlj

That's all, folks!

mmm... I don't know, when they are throwing beads, they throw them at people no? I wonder, when the parades happen, did people just throw all the beads to the ground? I would keep them

but that sounds really awesome, and sliders, Yes Please! I have never seen any but I have seen videos on youtube, and they look really cool, it would make the scarezone really memorable.

I hate to be the crazy cat-lady mod, but last I checked this was the "HHN XX Construction Updates" thread, not the "RTU & Religious Discussion" thread. Dreamstalker already asked nicely, so I'm not going to be nice. Get it back on topic or it's getting temp locked. If you wish to continue discussion on this topic, make another thread or take it to PMs. Thanks.

They are adding sliders to the haunt? I should fly over just for that, I slide for a local haunt here in Texas, just finished making my gloves and stripping the leather from the steel toe boots.

But to stay on subject heh. Yeah the coverage is great! if there are any complaints about the covered areas, it will no longer be Universal's fault. I wasn't impressed with the Coven's description, but I am now very curious about what the heck it is going to be like.

They are adding sliders to the haunt? I should fly over just for that, I slide for a local haunt here in Texas, just finished making my gloves and stripping the leather from the steel toe boots.

But to stay on subject heh. Yeah the coverage is great! if there are any complaints about the covered areas, it will no longer be Universal's fault. I wasn't impressed with the Coven's description, but I am now very curious about what the heck it is going to be like.

They are not confirmed, and I have heard nothing about them. They couldn't be near the Disaster queue because I can't imagine sliders working on bricks, and if beads are thrown that is where they will be thrown.

Is it possible they will have sliders? Yes, but I do not expect it.

mmm... I don't know, when they are throwing beads, they throw them at people no? I wonder, when the parades happen, did people just throw all the beads to the ground? I would keep them

they did throw them at people just like mardi gras. I have several strands. they were black, silver, red, and orange strands with skull beads.

Edited by JWFearman