HHN XX Website Updates

Naw hhnfan16, you good. I don't think that they will be using those characters. A bunch of ppl on here said no movie based houses. And I am assuming that the NLC contract (while still in effect if i'm not mistaken) will not be taken into consideration this year. Still speculation at this point but what we will see is anyones guess.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm double posting but....

For the "Characters" tab, I know it is showing the history and all but, are those the characters that they are using again? If so, Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface are being used again?

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I feel so dumb asking that question.

The website is kind of like the old archive sites they've had in past years, showing the last 20 years. From what I've been told, this year is kind of like the way to introduce a new continuity and give the past a nice send-off, hence why the current site is showing everything from the past.

Yes, a lot of characters will be returning for one last year. I don't know about EVERY character seen on the site, though.

As you can see by my sig, I've only gone a few years...and due to EVERYBODY I know getting married in October of the Sweet 16 year, I've never been to a reunion year and haven't seen anybody prior to HHN XIV. I know it's not a popular sentiment so I've kept it to myself, but I'd be REALLY happy if it were a reunion! Most of the characters look awesome and while I'm a bit disappointed to see Freddy, Jason and Leatherface so soon...I understand UNIVERSAL needing movie Icons in their marketing and alot of new fans have been brought in to the movie connections. Makes sense.

For the rest of your sakes....I hope it's a rope-a-dope for a full on new year...but I'm hoping for a Best of the Best Year :)

Well I was there in 06, and yeah it was cool, but I would really like new stuff,

from the looks of the site it might be, ad I guess i'm ok with the reunion but I wish they would use the icons but make brand new houses for them,

Or at least I hope that they don't use Anything from 2006 at all.

The flames are very interesting, I would have Never guessed there were faces in them lol, I wonder how you guys capture the pics of the flames,

Is it me or would the lantern become dark but there was a space below the first X that stay bright?

As for the Characters, I find it interesting that they only chose from 2006, why only from 2006 up?

Also, I was there 06 but I don't remember seeing the Projectionist at all, or the scareactor with the pig mask, I don't remember seeing that at all :mellow:

Edited by black7mask

Well I was there in 06, and yeah it was cool, but I would really like new stuff,

from the looks of the site it might be, ad I guess i'm ok with the reunion but I wish they would use the icons but make brand new houses for them,

Or at least I hope that they don't use Anything from 2006 at all.

The flames are very interesting, I would have Never guessed there were faces in them lol, I wonder how you guys capture the pics of the flames,

Is it me or would the lantern become dark but there was a space below the first X that stay bright?

As for the Characters, I find it interesting that they only chose from 2006, why only from 2006 up?

Also, I was there 06 but I don't remember seeing the Projectionist at all, or the scareactor with the pig mask, I don't remember seeing that at all :mellow:

I think it was mentioned before on this thread that not all of the characters are from 2006, despite what the page says.

Also, I do believe the Projectionist was not an actual character at the park (as in, a scareactor character) but used on the website? Because the only time I remember seeing him was on the archives website from a year or two ago (which you can find here: http://websites.horrornights.be/archives/)

The Projectionist did not appear at the event. The pig masks were worn by the scareactors in Dungeon of Terror: Retold (Jaws queue).

I agree with everything you said except the fourth flame, to me it looks like Billy, the doll from Saw. I can't really see how it resembles The Caretaker. I might not be looking at it good enough though. :mellow:

I've been gone for a couple of days and just saw the updates and the pictures in the flames of the lantern. When I first saw the fourth picture, I immediately thought of Billy. I think the white face, the square mouth, the red on the upper side of the mouth, and the shape of the eyes kind of gives this one away. It is kind of odd to have Billy as one of the flames in the lantern, but maybe this is just the beginning of what the lantern is going to show us. Or . . . maybe it is just a really bad image of the Caretaker (the only one of the "five" icons that is not shown here). I still think that the Caretaker and Cindy will be a key part to the event (as I have said before . . . maybe Albert is carrying the lantern), which is why his image may not be in the flames.

Yes, I noticed that. That little triangle at the bottom of the first X is illuminated with a white glow that never fades. I think it's trying to highlight a figure in the pattern on the lantern. But I have no idea. I'm not the kind to start pointing out things I see in patterns on the website, since people have been doing that on the Vault since 2005, and it has yet to mean anything.

Albeit, I certainly see the pocket-watch and glasses. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say a clown is in one of the squares. I do see something in the illuminated section, but I'm not going to say what it is, because I tend to see many things in waking life.

I can't spot any of the characters on the flames when I'm on the website, but perhaps they're flashing over the illuminated area?

I don't think this has been mentioned but they changed the title from 2006 - to Present to "Unique Characters." They read Dr. Jimmy's post...lol

If so I am immensely flattered.

Also after carefully looking at other rips of the "Five Flames" I am now in agreement that it is Jack and not Eddie, it looked like the face was wearing Eddie's "Hannibal Lecter" mask, but now I can clearly see the clown's nose.

Likewise, after comparing it to pictures of the Caretaker, I now see that Brooke was absolutely correct. What I had thought at first was a hag or witch is clearly Dr. Albert Caine.

SO they are indeed the five Icons: Storyteller, Director, Jack, Caretaker and Usher. Mary has been excluded from the Lantern's flames.

However, that does not necessarily mean she will be excluded from the event, I have heard enough information from various sources to suggest quite strongly that she may indeed make some sort of appearance.

Let me remind you that many characters from past years not mentioned on the website so far have been revealed as being a part of HHN XX through casting. Therefore do not count out those characters which are missing. Also do not expect every character on the website to show up at HHN XX.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Yes, I noticed that. That little triangle at the bottom of the first X is illuminated with a white glow that never fades. I think it's trying to highlight a figure in the pattern on the lantern. But I have no idea. I'm not the kind to start pointing out things I see in patterns on the website, since people have been doing that on the Vault since 2005, and it has yet to mean anything.

Albeit, I certainly see the pocket-watch and glasses. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say a clown is in one of the squares. I do see something in the illuminated section, but I'm not going to say what it is, because I tend to see many things in waking life.

I can't spot any of the characters on the flames when I'm on the website, but perhaps they're flashing over the illuminated area?

i zoomed in and i saw a the number 20 below the very bright triangle

Edited by demonfalconking

All the images in the flame is of the past as we have observed so far. But it also talks about the new era of darkness....i think our next update or two the flame will go out, marking the end of the past icons. The darkness representing the new era once the flames of the past have gone out. Just saying

what if they did this hole icons in the lantern just to fuck with us.

They HAVE admitted in the past to putting in what look like tiny hints and clues just to screw with the people who examine every detail for hidden meanings. However, these are very obviously faces of icons, rather than interpreting an ambiguous image of nothing as has been seen in the past, and from what we know of the event the icons WILL be returning in some capacity.

Dont know if this was mentioned before or not, but does anyone else think that the designs on the lantern look like roots from the bottom of a tree. Tis the season of Terra Cruentus me thinks.

think that would be intersting, a five year cycle..........

Although we cannot know for certain what devilish plan the HHN site's web masters are plotting for us, let us assume for a moment that further updates follow the same timeline.

Thus the teaser site replaced the "generic home site" and went live with the Legacy section on Thursday July 8th and this first update for the Characters section took place on Thursday July 22nd, exactly two weeks later.

If the next update presumably for the Environments section happens two weeks after that it would be on Thursday August 5th, then the Behind the Screams section would logically follow two weeks later on Thursday August 19.

If so, two weeks after that would be Thursday September 2nd, which is the Thursday before Labor Day Weekend, the time traditionally associated with the Full Site Update.

Of course, we all know that updates do not always follow any sort of obvious or predictable pattern, in the past two years we learned to expect an update at any time, day or night, weekday or weekend. But this year's site with its neat sections marked "coming soon" does seem to be set up in a more orderly manner. Time will tell.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Thus the teaser site replaced the "generic home site" and went live with the Legacy section on Thursday July 8th and this first update for the Characters section took place on Thursday July 22nd, exactly two weeks later.

If the next update presumably for the Environments section happens two weeks after that it would be on Thursday August 5th, then the Behind the Screams section would logically follow two weeks later on Thursday August 19.

I have a feeling we will see a update sooner than that :)

Edited by JWFearman

On the HHN website i'm sure some of you have noticed that when the flames escape through the lantern the flames with the faces in them are all coming through the images hidden in the lantern. For example The Caretakers Pocketwatch, Jack's face and The Storytellers Glasses...So each escaping flame is coming through an image that is hidden in the lantern...

Edited by HORRORLANDO

On the HHN website i'm sure some of you have noticed that when the flames escape through the lantern the flames with the faces in them are all coming through the images hidden in the lantern. For example The Caretakers Pocketwatch, Jack's face and The Storytellers Glasses...So each escaping flame is coming through an image that is hidden in the lantern...

WOW!... I was the last person to think there might be pics in the lantern... But maybe you are right.

Here is where they come out...

fire.png

Having said that. I only see what appears to be glasses (storyteller?) a watch (Caretaker?), and a flashlight (the Usher). I see absolutely nothing for the other two.

Edited by JWFearman

WOW!... I was the last person to think there might be pics in the lantern... But maybe you are right.

Here is where they come out...

fire.png

Having said that. I only see what appears to be glasses (storyteller?) a watch (Caretaker?), and a flashlight (the Usher). I see absolutely nothing for the other two.

i see now its all 5 icons one above the storyteller's flame is the Director u can see his face in the flame and the other one is jack u can see clown in the lantern and the flame is obviously jacks face

I can't believe nobody has pointed this out yet, but:

"From the flickering flames of lantern's light, eerie shapes begin to take form as horrifying, disturbing images of this year's Halloween Horror Nights are revealed."

And now we have images within the lantern's light. That's an odd coincidence :rolleyes:

I can't believe nobody has pointed this out yet, but:

"From the flickering flames of lantern's light, eerie shapes begin to take form as horrifying, disturbing images of this year's Halloween Horror Nights are revealed."

And now we have images within the lantern's light. That's an odd coincidence :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure everybody figured that it was kind of a given.