Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:43 AM, TheShape1031 said:

Oh really? Never new that. Was it any good? 

It looked cool on tv(The Art Of The Scare documentary). I was way too young to have gone then I was in Kindergarten, and my parents would’ve have been strict about that.

1 hour ago, Fearlessferret said:

The least they could do with IOA is dress it up all spooky harvest like and treat it like a Mickeys not so scary. Id at least go for the decorations.

Nooo...if you’re doing IOA with HHN do scary. I mean if not so scary IOA just decorate the park around a little bit. But decorations can work for the islands. Although, scary makes more $$$

6 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

How about a Steven Spielberg Monster Maze? Combine Jurassic Park, War of The Worlds and Jaws? (Idk how)..... just a thought

Sounds like a Hollywood creation :lol:. I wish Jaws came back to Orlando though in some way or shape of form.

Edited by Maxmoser

25 minutes ago, Maxmoser said:

Nooo...if you’re doing IOA with HHN do scary. I mean if not so scary IOA just decorate the park around a little bit. But decorations can work for the islands. Although, scary makes more $$$

Sounds like a Hollywood creation :lol:. I wish Jaws came back to Orlando though in some way or shape of form.

Yeah let studios be scary let ioa be decorations and character candy interactions  (only during the day) i just feel like ioa is missing out in the fun

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Oh really? Never new that. Was it any good? 

It was fine. It was their first "outdoor" house, and did some fun stuff with Triceratops Encounter. The best part was the severed triceratops head you had to walk under that was dripping blood.

18 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

You mean house from 6 years ago that no one remembers during a year everyone hated? Yeah, slight artistic similarities will deffinetly stop the team that did AWIL twice and Walking Dead 5 years in a row from bringing Bioshock someday.

You're right. What will stop them is that it's a franchise that's fallen out of relevance and that's been seen only in a media format Universal has shown no interest in leveraging. It's not like the only video game houses we've seen weren't heavily based on their film adaptations. It'll be even easier to do BioShock because the original developer went bankrupt and there's no certainty the franchise will continue or if it'll be like 545 replacing Bungie.

Maybe they can do Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem as a house too. That's a cult-classic video game with no current relevance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

You mean house from 6 years ago that no one remembers during a year everyone hated? Yeah, slight artistic similarities will deffinetly stop the team that did AWIL twice and Walking Dead 5 years in a row from bringing Bioshock someday.

Look, I am IN LOVE with the Bioshock series. Probably my favorite FPS franchise ever. But it's all about budget and relevance. AWiL was re-used because it was expensive as hell, and TWD was brought back so many times because it was insanely relevant. HHN isn't just the creative team throwing their wildest dreams at the board anymore, it's a business. No one in GP knows Bioshock, and while it wouldn't be the most expensive house ever, it wouldn't be the cheapest either, especially if Big Daddies were prominent.

• Like 2

Well one thing that Universal does not have to worry about is the amount of guests that attend HHN.

I mean they could basically not announce any houses and the event would still be packed, based on the 

speculation "it must be super scary this year, they wont even tell us what it is!!"

And I would be one of them spending money like I bought bitcoin in 2010.  Hell, been doing it for the 

last 14 years and already have hotel booked for this year. So if they do have a stranger bioshock things 

house this year, I will be looking forward to go thru it.  Just like most of us here will/have done so many 

times.   

12 minutes ago, traveller said:

Well one thing that Universal does not have to worry about is the amount of guests that attend HHN.

I mean they could basically not announce any houses and the event would still be packed, based on the 

speculation "it must be super scary this year, they wont even tell us what it is!!"  

Uni will always want the event to grow, like any business. However, sometimes true passion from creative gets through and then you get the great houses the fans love.

Edited by fvcking cvnt

On 3/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, MGregorio594 said:

I can confirm one of the originals. And actually, it's not technically "original."

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2018 at 8:45 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

Video projection. Whether it's 3D video projection or a simple screen projection. If they are going to attempt The Mindflayer, it would need to be a video projection. If they budget the technology, 3D projection could be used to transfer us into the Upside Down in the middle of a scene. 

This could be a disaster idea, but what if they made a giant inflatable one that was barely seen because of constant lightning flashes behind it? I think the fans might be too loud to keep it up, but I could imagine it looking solid if they lit it right.

• Love 1

On 3/12/2018 at 0:23 PM, Jediwhit82 said:

SNS was in 21, and that was DEFINITELY not a year everyone hated. Maybe you're thinking of 22 (sans Gothic)?

Ringwraith, I hope you mean the space station rumor and not the will o' the wisp one.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I don't think that's THAT uncommon. Though, despite being a big fan of ST, I'm cool if it opens up a spot for an original (of course, I would much rather see AHS bite the bullet). ;)

i get ya. let’s hope this doesn’t lead to more nefarious things being uncovered on the set because, as a huge fan of the show, it would be an even worse punch to the gut

• Like 1

All this talk of possible house locations has got me thinking. We still don't have a confirmed replacement for T2:3D yet it closed during HHN27. Universal has a pretty good track record of closing something and announcing at least a tiny bit of info on what is going to replace it before or right after. Lots of things are getting tossed around but no solid info yet.

What if they are working on a big, permanent house for this location like TWD at Hollywood. The theater, pre-show, queue and backstage areas took up a lot of space. It even had a small outdoor queue which I never knew about until I went to the very last showing ever and was stuck waiting outside. A massive AHS house could be a big hit here. It could include big scenes from all previous seasons along with a "teaser" of the new season that always premiers during the event. They could easily set aside enough empty space in the building to continue adding on to the house each year. Shut it down August 1st and get to work adding in a few new rooms at the end of the house. They already have a lot of props made and a good idea of what scenes worked from the past two houses. With AHS having the biggest line almost ever night for two years in a row, this is something they have to be considering. All the merch at the end of the maze themed to all the different seasons is just another driving force. 

With a simi-confimred 9 houses this year, a new permanent house would let them boost that number up to 10. Open it on Sept 14th and then when HHN is over, take out a handful of actors just like USH does. Put up warning signs just like USH to let parents know this is not something for young kids. 

• Like 2

The only thing that Universal said when they shut down T2 was that it was being replaced with a "high energy" Universal franchise. AHS is owned by FOX, and soon Disney. So I think AHS is a no go.  Could still be a permanent haunt of something else though. 

Edited by Ozian16
  • Like 1

even with the fox/disney deal, i highly doubt it’ll be AHS. universal is still a family park. the walking dead is gory and violet (or at least used to be), but has never been particularly risqué beyond that. AHS is a whole other thing alltogether, with rape, school shootings, etc etc all having parts within the seasons. and yeah they weren’t included in the mazes, but the show itself still showcases them.

my point is that, while it seems like a good idea on paper (or on this case a computer screen), it’s just not tasteful for universal to make AHS permanent

Edited by terracruentus
  • Like 2

If Universal was concerned about backlash from "potentially" having Stranger Things, because of these verbal allegations, IT would never be in the conversation. IT was co-produced by RatPac Entertainment. Brett Ratner's company. Who is accused of doing far, far, far, far, far, far worse. 

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 2