Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I liked the 09 Chucky house. If you like black humor/comedy houses, Chucky can be fun. 

As for finding scarectors:

All the Chucky's in the 09 house were shorter females. EPROMs were used, and boo doors helped with the height issue. Also, there was more than Chucky in the house. 

I still <3 you, Barrel Monkey. You always scared the crap out me even when I was watching out for you. 

Sounds interesting, However I've never seen it and the only Chucky I've seen at Horror nights was a really pathetic SZ in Hollywood online haha

5 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Welcome to the forums! To answer your question simply: No. 

More detailed: They are in talks to create a tv series. There is no tv series. There is no pilot. While Chucky can always be a potential candidate, and as yet created or picked up tv series isn't going to be a candidate because it does not exist yet. 

I liked the 09 Chucky house. If you like black humor/comedy houses, Chucky can be fun. 

As for finding scarectors:

All the Chucky's in the 09 house were shorter females. EPROMs were used, and boo doors helped with the height issue. Also, there was more than Chucky in the house. 

I still <3 you, Barrel Monkey. You always scared the crap out me even when I was watching out for you. 

Thanks for informing me. I was just explaing what I read on diffrent news pages. I guess they were a bit to quick to assume that it was in the works already. But maybe it's a good thing because I really don't want anything to do with Chucky when it comes to a film or a tv show in this case. We just had a film that can be debated to be the worst in the series and I think it's time to put the Franchise on a shelf for a bit and let it sit until they get some sort of Gold opportunity like making a remake of the Original. But im not to sure if we will ever see the Chuckster again at HHN (Besides in the Titans of Terror)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

It could also be read as houses that are more scary than ever before, so scarier houses rather than more houses. Seriously, grammar is so important! 

Then, grammatically, it would be "scarier houses than ever before." "More scary" is grammatically incorrect.

And while Repository was a "house," it was never counted with the houses. More houses than ever would be at least 10.

8 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Rarely have I felt envious of those who completed a survey. 

Don't. 98% of survey info amounts to nothing.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Rarely have I felt envious of those who completed a survey. 

Surveys aren't all that fun. I participate in the surveys as a way to get "into the mind" of the Universal business side of things. Suggestions/ideas given in surveys rarely pan out, are complete givens, or ways to check the pulse points of customers. 

They are, also, extraordinarily tedious. Sometimes, mindnumbingly tedious. Participating allows you to get a feel for what trends higher ups are noticing. It lets you formulate better speculation, but any information in the survey doesn't really equate to a rumor.

You're, also, bound by that pesky confidentiality agreement. If anything of interest shows a promising shift in business trends, you can't talk to anyone about it.  You've gotta sit and wait while speculations ferment in your brain. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You're, also, bound by that pesky confidentiality agreement. If anything of interest shows a promising shift in business trends, you can't talk to anyone about it.  You've gotta sit and wait while speculations ferment in your brain. 

Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but who's to stop you spilling the beans on an anonymous forum??

14 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Not trying to get anyone in trouble, but who's to stop you spilling the beans on an anonymous forum??

I am no longer anonymous, unfortunately. They know who I am. I've participated enough in the LT and HU ARGs that I'm recognized. 

Also, I adhere to community standards as best as I can. HNN can get in trouble if confidential info is posted here. 

• Like 4

"confidentiality clause"... they aren't sending out info they deem confidential or sensitive. I admire everyone's loyalty to the brand but its not national security. Along with the actual survey I'm sure they use the banter (about said survey) on these forums too! They know what they are doing.

• Like 2

Please don’t let Chucky come back to hhn. Unless if it’s classic to at least Bride era’ Chucky. Cult killed the franchise, and was only a part of HHN Hollywood for that shitty movie. I’ve never been to the Hollywood one nor do I want to(only want to go for Jurassic Park in the dark,but you never know hhn Orlando again). But I heard that Chucky’s terror tram was bad last year from online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

Also where can we find this survey? Or is it confidential?

Also, in my experience, they don't send you an email asking if you want to take a super duper secret HHN survey.  They send you a boring as sin one, with a simple "Have you attended Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando in the past?" and after you answer that, you may be presented with a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) laying out the rules for what you are going to see.  Businesses take these VERY seriously, I have to give them out for stuff at my company and our legal teams require that I hold on to the physical papers that were signed for 10 years and I can be audited to see if I have them.  Something like this pretty much is just to cover their butts in case people talk and amounts to little more than the "Continuing to this site means you agree to our site using cookies."  It's something to be taken seriously (especially with tracking cookies), but nobody cares :)

Of course, if they see stuff showing up on sites like this that would have the adverse affect of making them pull back on the info they put in the survey.  While a majority is never going to happen, they do get legit feedback from past attendees so that could help....and probably has helped in the proliferation of IPs versus originals from all the GP that do the survey and only go for the IPs.

But I find them fun....being in marketing myself I like to see what they are possibly thinking of doing or, more likely, something SIMILAR to the content of the survey to see how likely people would be interested in something "in the same vein" that they are actually contemplating.

• Like 1

My two cents:  Chucky is stupid.  It's even more ridiculous when you try to re-create the stupid character into an even more stupid scareactor.  Chucky can go away and die and never come back.  Yes, I feel strongly about it.

I understand the 5K thing now.. sort of.  I am still not sure what the hell that has to do with HHN though.  I mean, if I was in town, and Uni was doing a 5k for charity, I'd walk it.  I don't run.  :)  If they want to tie it into HHN , then allow the participants early entry - I'd do it for sure then.

This time of year is so frustrating - the weather still sucks (in most of the country), there are no holidays, HHN is still more than 6 months away, and it's unlikely we get any official info for at least a month (if we are lucky).  I wish we had Aiello back on Twitter... at least he would toss out some crumbs every now and then.  

Do you all think we'd not have at least the 9 houses this year?  You don't think they'd go back to 8 with no B&T, do you?  I mean.. I can't imagine the crowds then.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hugh201 said:

Also remember back in the ninties at hollywood when they had that undertaker haunted house imagine if they did something similar but with Bray Wyatt, I would definitely check it out.

If WWE won’t even push them, no way will they make a deal for something like that. Bray doesn’t have the same star power. It worked for Undertaker because he was the biggest wrestler in the company. If John Cena or Brock lesnar we’re horror themed, then maybe there would be a chance. 

Besides, i would rather a compilation house, 1 room each for Bray, Matt Hardy, Finn Balör(demon), Kane, Taker, maybe even Goldust.

3 hours ago, Hugh201 said:

Also remember back in the ninties at hollywood when they had that undertaker haunted house imagine if they did something similar but with Bray Wyatt, I would definitely check it out.

I was not around back then, but seriously? How did that end up going?

Another property I just have to mention because I kinda see it as a future IP for the event . Since Blumhouse at the moment has a Five Nights at Freddy's movie in the works I could see it as house for HHN either this year or next year.  Why you might ask? Well let's look at the facts!

1. Blumhouse is really familiar with Halloween Horror Nights. So if there is ever any property that Blumhouse owns and uni wants it, you can basically call it as good as theirs.

2. FNaF is extremely popular. It would also bring in the Younger demographic which would boost the attendance extremely. But the con to this is that I really don't even more whiny little brats at the event when I paid good money to come and enjoy the event, so there is that. 

3. This is easy money for Uni. It probably wouldn't be that hard to pull the property because like I said earlier Blumhouse has partial rights to it. And it would make LOADS of cash from the attendance boost. Think about it Pull the rights, attempt to make a decent house across the different games in the series, and watch the money flow.

Sounds like a huge opportunity they could take to lure in the younger crowds.

4. It could actually be a great house. They have PLENTY of opportunities to make this a good house when it comes to environment and props. They could have a few Animatronics in there along with some cool puppet work. And we all know that usually HHN makes good with Animatronics in there mazes but sadly we don't see them often because they can be quite pricey. But here is my main concern, Scareactors, I just could not see how they could give every scareactor a nice looking costume due to budget restrictions, but if they were to do this property i'm sure they would figure it out.

Overall, I see it as a property at least worth mentioning. I don't think it would tie into any of the clues that they are currently dropping as of today.  If not this year then most likely next year.

20 minutes ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

2. FNaF is extremely popular. It would also bring in the Younger demographic which would boost the attendance extremely. But the con to this is that I really don't even more whiny little brats at the event when I paid good money to come and enjoy the event, so there is that. 

3. This is easy money for Uni. It probably wouldn't be that hard to pull the property because like I said earlier Blumhouse has partial rights to it. And it would make LOADS of cash from the attendance boost. Think about it Pull the rights, attempt to make a decent house across the different games in the series, and watch the money flow.

Sounds like a huge opportunity they could take to lure in the younger crowds.

It's not really as big as it was from 2014-2015, the movie could spark more public interest but idk...

9 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

It's not really as big as it was from 2014-2015, the movie could spark more public interest but idk...

I agree, but there making a movie and the merchandise is selling well so it's still pretty popular. Especially since if it wasn't then they would of called of the movie. Plus there getting Chris Columbus to direct the film which has drawn a bit of attention to it. 

Edited by krazyhorrorkid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

I agree, but there making a movie and the merchandise is selling well so it's still pretty popular. Especially since if it wasn't then they would of called of the movie. Plus there getting Chris Columbus to direct the film which has drawn a bit of attention to it. 

There, their, they’re. 

Just trying to to be helpful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

If WWE won’t even push them, no way will they make a deal for something like that. Bray doesn’t have the same star power. It worked for Undertaker because he was the biggest wrestler in the company. If John Cena or Brock lesnar we’re horror themed, then maybe there would be a chance. 

Besides, i would rather a compilation house, 1 room each for Bray, Matt Hardy, Finn Balör(demon), Kane, Taker, maybe even Goldust.

That would actually be a better idea but Hardy partially would be out of place because he is more meant to be absurd than creepy but still if they put in vanguard one and a senor benjamin scareactor im all in

1 minute ago, Hugh201 said:

That would actually be a better idea but Hardy partially would be out of place because he is more meant to be absurd than creepy but still if they put in vanguard one and a senor benjamin scareactor im all in

But if they do another undertaker house I would think it would be really cool to see caskets with each of the streak victims on it, 

The problem: WWE is trying to deny CM Punk exists so it would be hard to insert him on the streak victims