HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

4 minutes ago, Alice said:

How would Wizard of Oz translate to a horror maze? Who even owns the rights [eta, I'm an idiot and didn't read above]? I feel like that's just not realistic. 

The whole rumoured lineup/icon doesn't seem right to me. We'll have to see. 

They did a Scare Zone in 2008 called "The Path of the Wicked" which was basically a Horror Wizard of Oz. That same year they had "Asylum in Wonderland" which was a Maze in 3D in 2015. Which means that "The Path of the Wicked" may go down this path and be a 3D Maze this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Evil Dead will be called "Ash Vs Evil Dead" for Promotional Purposes but will use The Evil Dead (Original) and Evil Dead ll.

Do you know Ash vs. Evil Dead is a completely different show?  They would not use the Ash Vs. name for promo purposes but have the house be 1+2, which is really just part 1 and a remake of part 1.  Highly suspect. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

apparently, we are missing something 

ifrit.png

Okie = Migrant from Oklahoma, Fields = Crop Destruction, Thirty = 1930s - Great Depression, Scarecrows = Real Life, Rain = Dust Bowl. Maybe Evil Roots Maze?

Edited by HHNManics

14 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Okie = Migrant from Oklahoma, Fields = Crop Destruction, Thirty = 1930s - Great Depression, Scarecrows = Real Life, Rain = Dust Bowl. Maybe Evil Roots Maze?

children of the corn?

17 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

Are we also getting The Thing in Orlando? Would love to see this maze based on John Carptenter's film.

There has already been a maze based sort of on John carpenter's Film! The Thing in 2007 was based after the events from the film took place

25 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

Are we also getting The Thing in Orlando? Would love to see this maze based on John Carptenter's film.

sadly based off the leaked lineup no. it´s probably a hollywood exculsive

8 minutes ago, OrangeRyan said:

There has already been a maze based sort of on John carpenter's Film! The Thing in 2007 was based after the events from the film took place

he was talking about a maze that takes place during the movie not the other maze which took place after

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

he was talking about a maze that takes place during the movie not the other maze which took place after

I know but the maze was very similar and based off the 1982 film kind of sort of. LOL

Sounds like a house based on Black Sunday (or a similar event) akin to Roanoke.

Matches with the Clapboard Church theories

d011f24e2e779faa148453dd5debb55d.jpg

If the above is true the Rust/Fungus could be related to Valley Fever. The rest of the clues are pretty self explanatory 

Edited by Midnight Detective
adding information

17 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Can someone tell me how we went from vague ass clues with limited knowledge to the year to "now we know all the IPs" in like two hours?

That's a piss poor idea. So stupid.

6 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I, honestly, am not buying the list.

It's "too shitty" of an IP list. But if that IS the list then that shows how forced Corporate is on the Creative team.

WE GET IT!

You think this year is going to suck.  Just like you thought 2016 was going to suck.  And 2015 was going to suck.

What is the goddamned point of saying it over and over and over and over?

STFU or go elsewhere.  You are seriously grating nerves around here, guy.

MZ, can we get a fucking MUTE button please?

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, zombieman said:

WE GET IT!

You think this year is going to suck.  Just like you thought 2016 was going to suck.  And 2015 was going to suck.

What is the goddamned point of saying it over and over and over and over?

STFU or go elsewhere.  You are seriously grating nerves around here, guy.

While I disagree with criticalanalysis on almost everything, I also choose to ignore him. You don't need a mute button or to get worked up about it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

If you hover over a person's name you'll see an option to "Ignore User" which basically hides all their posts. I've only ever used it once to rid myself of some negativity. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, N i c k said:

While I disagree with criticalanalysis on almost everything, I also choose to ignore him. You don't need a mute button or to get worked up about it.

<Retracted statement thanks to Gambit!!>

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

If you hover over a person's name you'll see an option to "Ignore User" which basically hides all their posts. I've only ever used it once to rid myself of some negativity. ;) 

YOU, SIR, ARE WONDERFUL!

Thank you so much for mentioning that.  Problem solved, and life is once again good!!

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 3

Mod Reminder

Just a reminder for everyone but please choose your words carefully when posting. Bad language and obscene comments will not be tolerated. PLEASE be courteous to others and remember that you never know who is looking at your posts. Also, this is SPECUALTION thread and not a place to debate personal opinions or any "he said, she said" posts. If you have an issue with another user then please try and work it out in a personal message.

Thank You

• Like 3

3 hours ago, themazethinker said:

Bummer! I didn't go in 2007 and would love for them to do a proper The Thing house based on the movie.

9 hours ago, Alice said:

How would Wizard of Oz translate to a horror maze? Who even owns the rights [eta, I'm an idiot and didn't read above]? I feel like that's just not realistic. 

The whole rumoured lineup/icon doesn't seem right to me. We'll have to see. 

9 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Others on IU are saying they've heard no Insidious and no TWD. A more exclusive IP and a new original to replace Conjuring instead. I shall wait until we see what the hell's actually happening before I bash any mazes.

Please please please let this be true! 4 originals (albeit the icon house will probably be pretty similar to Chance, which I didn't even bother with) plus the Shining = oh hell yes.

Since the three years I went were 16, 18 and 26, can someone please describe Catacombs and Gothic to me, since they're being rumored? I've heard they were really good, so I want to know more... :)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Please please please let this be true! 4 originals (albeit the icon house will probably be pretty similar to Chance, which I didn't even bother with) plus the Shining = oh hell yes.

Since the three years I went were 16, 18 and 26, can someone please describe Catacombs and Gothic to me, since they're being rumored? I've heard they were really good, so I want to know more... :)

Gothic took place in a catherdal the was protected by gargoyles. 

Catacombs took place in catacombs. It was subtitle Black Death Rising. It had plague doctors and plague victims. 

I'm never good at describing houses. I tend toward auditory perceptions. While I can appreciate the visual appeal and immersion, it is the audio sound effects that stand out. 

Check out the 2010 house threads for Catacombs reviews and the 2012 house threads for Gothic reviews. 

Now that Volcano Bay is opened, HHN 27 announcements can start rolling in. I hope that they announce 2 house, ticket prices, and a possible icon in June. Then 2 houses in July, and lastly 1 house reveal in August with the full site reveal. I only say 2 considering how behind they are with the announcements. I think that the ip house drop rumor is somewhat false and true. It would be awesome to have 5 ip's and then 4 originals, but it would be cool to replace that lost ip with a new ip instead.

I hope that if there's a theme for this year, it all ties together. Last year everything was seemed to be random, and the Chance icon with the theater concept was the main point, then of course things had to be changed for the ip's.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:17 AM, hunnylvr said:

And yet, you're still here.  Do you also sit on your front porch and yell at kids to get off your lawn?  I mean, seriously, man.. we get it.  It's not the same.  Things change, and it isn't the event that seemed to be more for the hardcore fans in the past.  The higher-ups finally pulled their collective heads from their collective asses and looked at the data on how many billions Halloween rakes in every year.  They realized - holy mother of god, we have a cash cow here!  Slowly, Marketing has crept in and put their shit soiled hands into the mix and have taken away some of the things that were most loved.  What can you do?  You can either not go, OR, you can go and enjoy what there is to enjoy.  

Personally, I love the event.  It's still my favorite thing to do every year.  Do I get pissed sometimes?  (see my endless rants about The Walking Dead) - of course I do.  But would I get pissed and disparage the event as whole?  Not on your life.   I am realist which I prefer over pessimist.  Life is too short to be that goddam miserable.

preach.

5 hours ago, LuckBeALadyTonite said:

I want so much to believe in the Cindy icon rumors, but I just can't let myself get burned again (ahahahahah).

That wasn't a good enough joke for a coffee spit, and yet it happened. Well done. :)