HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Here y'all are: http://youtu.be/08T71GYysjs?t=3m1s

If this is accurate, I'm not too happy guys. AvP is starting to seem like less of a possibility if that's true.

I think it's still happening, but it'll get screwed over into a smaller venue. I think it's possible that they'll have it based on the sequel and not the first one. I'm also not to happy about Walking Dead getting the best venue possible. At least 747 won't be wasted for another 3D maze. Black Sabbath hardly felt like a sound stage maze.

John Murdy was quick to respond to allegations: @CazarinPaul get away from my pallets! LOL. I said where the walking dead maze is going... Nothing has changed on that front.

That being said, he only said "Metro Sets". So I tweeted him about that. Let's see if he responds.

Edit: @HorrorNights is the walking dead: end of the line maze going to be in a sound stage this year ? pic.twitter.com/WAgNpiLqFl

@alex_alexknight no I have something else planned for that

False alarm everyone. Get back to work!

Edited by JGmoney1996
  • Like 2

John Murdy was quick to respond to allegations: @CazarinPaul get away from my pallets! LOL. I said where the walking dead maze is going... Nothing has changed on that front.

That being said, he only said "Metro Sets". So I tweeted him about that. Let's see if he responds.

@HorrorNights is the walking dead: end of the line maze going to be in a sound stage this year ? pic.twitter.com/WAgNpiLqFl

@alex_alexknight no I have something else planned for that

False alarm everyone. Get back to work!

Thank god.

If he says that's where it's going last year, that's where it's going. With that said we call rest easy now.

Everyone go back to speculating the next announcement date. Show's over. Nothing to see.

• Like 3

Soap Commercial, Soap Opera was La Llorona in 2011 :-P

What about a midnight announcement?!

You guys are silly. He clearly said TWD would be in the same exact spot. WD can stand for so many things. Heck, they could just be storing the pallets there for now.

This is how rumors start. I thought we were better than that?!

P.S. Getting really close to 5,000 posts. Y'all gonna throw me a party? :-D

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

You guys are silly. He clearly said TWD would be in the same exact spot. WD can stand for so many things. Heck, they could just be storing the pallets there for now.

You're right, we should go back to exorcist speculation.

P.S. Getting really close to 5,000 posts. Y'all gonna throw me a party? :-D

Midnight announcement? Why do you say that?

Murdy twitter... "Just finished filming another maze announcement video with a special guest star. Who could it be? You'll find out eventually. Stay tuned"

Think this is the musician or someone else tied to an ip?

If it's still Soap Commercial being announced next then the guest is most likely John Landis.

Murdy twitter... "Just finished filming another maze announcement video with a special guest star. Who could it be? You'll find out eventually. Stay tuned"

Think this is the musician or someone else tied to an ip?

I'm thinking another IP.

Also, we still have ScareLA (I'll be attending and working the event!) for them to announce something big, last year it was Insidious, this year ... it's gotta be something good.

Not sure where he took those photos but they could just be filming the Halloween episode for Parenthood.

No those props have been there for a very long time. I'm not sure what the place is called where they are at but I believe it's the court of miracles? Not sure if that's the name

No those props have been there for a very long time. I'm not sure what the place is called where they are at but I believe it's the court of miracles? Not sure if that's the name

Again, it's probably for Parenthood. Same thing happened last year and people assumed the Terror Tram was relocated.

Because... Conjuring is not maze fodder. Nope nope nope.

Only reason Insidious was done was because of The Further and the abundance of ghosts. And that was TWO movies to work from and it barely worked like that - there was only one scene they didn't use from part 2, but even that felt like it was stretching it.

I'm telling you, the PA series has more to work with overall. The SCREAM series has more to work with. The Exorcist series has more to work with. The Ring series. The Grudge series. And these are all more defined franchises that keep getting bitchslapped down for bullshit reasons.

I believe Murdy won't stretch out a property for the sake of making it a maze, no matter how popular it is.

I most likely will be eating crow and it has a good chance of happening, but it simply does not have enough to be a well rounded good maze - yet. The spin off and the sequel are happening. If the franchise proves to be lucrative still this time next year, then ofcourse it'll happen.

This would be the most bare maze ever.

^I do agree a little bit that it is short on environments. But I'm imagining writing the treatment and I think it work. Assuming the maze is in Perisian, (SP?), the first part of the maze could take place in the Warren's Museum of the Occult and through their office. The hallway could be used as a transition under the Perisian tunnel. Inside the square, we can have the exterior of the house and have the hanging body on the tree. Inside, we can go through the living room, the bedroom, the kitchen, and the foyer room. We would then transition into the building for the basement. There. That's plenty to fill the venue.

Because... Conjuring is not maze fodder. Nope nope nope.

Only reason Insidious was done was because of The Further and the abundance of ghosts. And that was TWO movies to work from and it barely worked like that - there was only one scene they didn't use from part 2, but even that felt like it was stretching it.

I'm telling you, the PA series has more to work with overall. The SCREAM series has more to work with. The Exorcist series has more to work with. The Ring series. The Grudge series. And these are all more defined franchises that keep getting bitchslapped down for bullshit reasons.

I believe Murdy won't stretch out a property for the sake of making it a maze, no matter how popular it is.

I most likely will be eating crow and it has a good chance of happening, but it simply does not have enough to be a well rounded good maze - yet. The spin off and the sequel are happening. If the franchise proves to be lucrative still this time next year, then ofcourse it'll happen.

This would be the most bare maze ever.

Murdy has taken creative librities with other I.Ps before, not sure why the Conjuring should be so different.

^I do agree a little bit that it is short on environments. But I'm imagining writing the treatment and I think it work. Assuming the maze is in Perisian, (SP?), the first part of the maze could take place in the Warren's Museum of the Occult and through their office. The hallway could be used as a transition under the Perisian tunnel. Inside the square, we can have the exterior of the house and have the hanging body on the tree. Inside, we can go through the living room, the bedroom, the kitchen, and the foyer room. We would then transition into the building for the basement. There. That's plenty to fill the venue.

and where are the scares? 1 person dangling from a tree and probably a recreation of the basement scene? Sounds more like an open house visit than a hhn house. Maybe it is just me, but people seem to get awfully excited when an average horror movie gets released nowadays. Unless they keep rolling out sequels and spin offs, I'd bet no one would even care about The Conjuring 10 years from now.

Trick 'r Treat would make a way better house.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR