HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Fine, it's not The Exorcist. But it's also not... The Conjuring!

As for the "why wouldn't Orlando jump on that" for the Exorcist... Orlando didn't jump on Halloween, TCM original, and I'm sure there's a few other big ones not coming to me at the moment.

As for the "why wouldn't Orlando jump on that" for the Exorcist... Orlando didn't jump on Halloween, TCM original, and I'm sure there's a few other big ones not coming to me at the moment.

So why wouldn't it be The Conjuring then

While I do agree with you to some degree, Hooper's TCM was a last minute replacement in 2012 so it's not like it was in the plans earlier in the year.

Edited by Zero56

Yeah I know they're various different properties, I just don't feel the Awe! from previous years. But you know, I have to go into the event excited as is and with an open mind because in the end I know HHN won't let me down.

My thoughts exactly! I just don't feel that pull to WANT to go with that line up. I love those films/franchises but as a maze? It just doesn't seem appealing. I'm also looking at it from a makeup artist and scareactor POV, and the "types" of scares, costuming, makeup etc, and as a scareactor I'm not sure if I could have my full heart and soul into something I personally don't find scary/exciting. But, opinions are opinions, no matter what, there's still SZ and so many options left to uncover. Let whatever be, be.

I kind of get what you guys are saying. At least for me, every year there's those one or two intimidating IPs, the houses I've been afraid to walk into because the characters are intimidating and the IP itself is horrifying. Going into those mazes was always a scary and exciting experience. In 2010, my first year, those mazes were Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Saw. 2011, the maze was La Llorona, however the truck in The Thing ended up being my favorite scare of the night. 2012, we had The Walking Dead and Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Didn't have anything to compare it to since I wasn't there when the superior version was around). 2013, the maze was Evil Dead which disappointed me, so Insidious took the cake. That being said, last year as a whole was really disappointing for me. So as far as this lineup goes, I absolutely love the properties and am incredibly excited. I just can't see myself being intimidated by any of those IP's. The mazes should be awesome but I'm not sure about the scare factor.

• Like 1

BTW, when did we lose two scarezones? In 2010 there were 6 of them on the upper and lower lot and in 2013 there were 5 including the one on the backlot. That means we lost 2 areas. Where were they? I also recall in 2010 that you never felt safe in the park. I was eating dinner and a monster banged on the window next to us or they were waiting outside the bathrooms. I don't feel the helplessness as if there was no place to turn like in 2010. I want that experience back.

• Like 1

BTW, when did we lose two scarezones? In 2010 there were 6 of them on the upper and lower lot and in 2013 there were 5 including the one on the backlot. That means we lost 2 areas. Where were they? I also recall in 2010 that you never felt safe in the park. I was eating dinner and a monster banged on the window next to us or they were waiting outside the bathrooms. I don't feel the helplessness as if there was no place to turn like in 2010. I want that experience back.

Western Street has been mostly gone since early 2011. In 2013 they removed the rest of it for Universal Plaza. and now UP is used as the staging area for the queue line for the Maze going in Parisian Courtyard.

9624550491_4a03dca997_b.jpg

Edited by Zero56

Yup! This, right here. The idea of feeling like there's no where you can be "safe" is what makes it fun, you pay some pretty pennies to get into the event, and for me, that was half the fun was standing in line or being on a "bathroom/smoke break" and seeing monsters, zombies, chainsaws etc going crazy on people as they came in/out if those areas. I vividly remember standing in line for either SAW or Fruday the 13th and a few streets scare actors had mosied over and were playing with people in line, cracking jokes, scaring, keeping everyone entertained and pumped. I want THAT experience back.

• Like 1

Thanks all. What are the chances of them adding a scarezone this year? Also, when are we most likely to see the next announcement?

Considering the bulk of the Upper Lot is under construction with Wizarding World and Springfield, the best bet is the Backlot.

My thoughts exactly! I just don't feel that pull to WANT to go with that line up. I love those films/franchises but as a maze? It just doesn't seem appealing. I'm also looking at it from a makeup artist and scareactor POV, and the "types" of scares, costuming, makeup etc, and as a scareactor I'm not sure if I could have my full heart and soul into something I personally don't find scary/exciting. But, opinions are opinions, no matter what, there's still SZ and so many options left to uncover. Let whatever be, be.

Yes same here but I'm sure we'll enjoy this year.

It's not always the theme, but the role you put yourself in to enjoy the maze. ;D

I didn't know wtf Cucuy was. I didn't even care when I joined it, but being a pumpkin was super fun. Also the people in the maze.

• Like 2

Post a link to a video. I'm gonna be really disappointed if that's the case. Especially considering Murdy said the maze would be in the same place as last year.

@HorrorNights is the Walking Dead maze gonna be at the Metro sets again?

@hhnfan1997 yes

Edit: Also, the soundstage maze is "Freak Out", right? So there's no way it's walking dead.

Edited by JGmoney1996

Post a link to a video. I'm gonna be really disappointed if that's the case. Especially considering Murdy said the maze would be in the same place as last year.

@HorrorNights is the Walking Dead maze gonna be at the Metro sets again?

@hhnfan1997 yes

Edit: Also, the soundstage maze is "Freak Out", right? So there's no way it's walking dead.

Stage 747 is apart of the Metro Sets and he never said the "Freak Out" property was going in an SS.

My iPad is acting up but it's HHNFani6's channel.

Edited by Zero56