HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

So did Camp Crystal Lake and The Thing, but somehow, it worked, it may take more umph from the set decorators and design team but it IS possible.

Different venue you're talking about. Friday the 13th and The Thing were in the Wild West stage completely covering them from the rest of the park. Of course that location is now Universal Plaza. Parisian Courtyard is right in between Café and Mel's.

Edited by Zero56

Different venue you're talking about. Friday the 13th and The Thing were in the Wild West stage completely covering them from the rest of the park. Of course that location is now Universal Plaza. Parisian Courtyard is right in between Café and Mel's.

Whoops, sorry. Was turned around a bit. Regardless, design team has got chops, if The Conjuring is gonna happen, they'll make if work wherever it may be.

My fault. Let's not lose our heads over anything. So besides TWD and mask-a-raid does anyone have any SZ speculation? Edited by Mellie_M0nster

Whoops, sorry. Was turned around a bit. Regardless, design team has got chops, if The Conjuring is gonna happen, they'll make if work wherever it may be.

My fault. Let's not lose our heads over anything. So besides TWD and mask-a-raid does anyone have any SZ speculation?

HorrorNights: "Working on Scareactor design for the scare zones. A lot of the scarezones this year are inspired byMYTHS & TRADITIONS (vague cryptic hint)"

Edited by Zero56

Traditions I'm guessing I shining toward The Purge. Btw does anyone hope that they put chainsaws back in the lower lot. Silent Hill wasn't so great, and scarecrowz was terrible

As someone who is a huge fan of chainsaws in general and also someone who's attempting to wield a chainsaw at this years event, YES, chainsaws in the lower lot please! It's way too quiet without them and honestly, the last two years I just go down there, hit the mazes and go right back upstairs, it always seems dead down there without them.

Traditions I'm guessing I shining toward The Purge. Btw does anyone hope that they put chainsaws back in the lower lot. Silent Hill wasn't so great, and scarecrowz was terrible

I think Murdy said that they were removed due to the high traffic in the area. With 3 E-Ticket rides, 2 mazes and the walkway to the transportation to the Backlot I don't think we will see Chainsaws return there anytime soon. Oh and the New Starbucks which brings in horrendous crowds on its own... I'd love to see a proper scarezone down there again but I won't bring my hopes up.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

Saw this, my thought was Trick 'r Treat but it seems thats being debunked due to the sequel coming out next year.

My guess would be some type of Jack the Ripper Scarezone for Baker Street. Not too sure what they would do for the Lower Lot since it's usually Stilt Walkers down there.

I guess the biggest questions are will the Purge be headlining in New York Street again and will there be another Scarezone on the Backlot?

Edited by Zero56

My guess would be some type of Jack the Ripper Scarezone for Baker Street. Not too sure what they would do for the Lower Lot since it's usually Stilt Walkers down there.

I guess the biggest questions are will the Purge be headlining in New York Street again and will there be another Scarezone on the Backlot?

I really would love to see The Purge headline again, it was such a nice change from clowns, and I know it was received really well by fans/event goers.

Why Jack the Ripper?

Why Jack the Ripper?

Well the first thing I think of when mixing Horror and London is Jack the Ripper. And recent findings render him just an Urban myth.

Obviously the area is going to be expanded given the crowding issues the Layout presented last year. I'm just wondering if it's just The Walking Dead down there.

Well Chucky doesn't make me think of NY, so that SZ is a bit more vague.

I was wondering (and this is loose spec, I'm not sure by any means) if Halloween has enough characters to work with. Like how Curse of Chucky had a variety of characters, but Halloween seems tougher even if you want to include Halloween III. Have the toy shops sell Silver Shamrock masks.

A Predator: Hunting Groundz scarezone? Could work depending on the layout of the backlot. Or in NY street.

A return of El Cucuy sz form? La Llorana? Both? A superteamup of child eating boogeyfolk?

I'm throwing things out here.

Well the first thing I think of when mixing Horror and London is Jack the Ripper. And recent findings render him just an Urban myth.

Obviously the area is going to be expanded given the crowding issues the Layout presented last year. I'm just wondering if it's just The Walking Dead down there.

Looks like you've done research. ;D

That SZ sounds so fun mostly 'cause I wanna be in it... (The Cucuy one)

I saw an interesting post on InsideUniversal from a random poster on there. Here's what he said:

Okay, this is from a friend of my GF who works for the contractor that is building some of the mazes. So...

He said they are building a maze inside Stage 56 - the Castle Theater. He thinks the show that's in there now will close mid-August.

This adds more fuel to the Bill and Ted not coming back rumor (Booo!)....or any show for that matter. This will be the first house in there since Clive Barker's Harvest in 2000. If this is the location of the seventh house, I'd rather it go in the backlot. The crowding situation won't be any better.

Lookie at what's coming out just in time for HHN ;)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Exorcist-The-Complete-Anthology-Blu-ray/106931/

My line up and I'm sticking to it!:

Dracula Untold (Empire - HOH)

The Exorcist (Super Secret Project - Parisian Square)

Cabin in the Woods (Teen Spirit - The Mummy)

American Werewolf in London (Soap Commercial - JP)

The Walking Dead (Metro)

Alien Vs. Predator (Beauty is Only Skin Deep - SS747)

Original Maze (SS)

It has a little bit of everything! This is a pretty ultimate line up, IMO.

I'll blow my top for AVP, Exorcist, and CITW especially.

AWIL, TWD and the original maze should be damn good too.

Dracula has potential!

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Exorcist-The-Complete-Anthology-Blu-ray/106931/

The Walking Dead (Metro)

Original Maze (SS)

Dracula has potential!

OK, if this line up happens, I will probably have a heart attack. It's too perfect.

I saw an interesting post on InsideUniversal from a random poster on there. Here's what he said:

This adds more fuel to the Bill and Ted not coming back rumor (Booo!)....or any show for that matter. This will be the first house in there since Clive Barker's Harvest in 2000. If this is the location of the seventh house, I'd rather it go in the backlot. The crowding situation won't be any better.

He said that they're building a maze and that the show will close mid august? Then how are they building the maze if the show is still active? Sorry if this sounds dumb.

Edited by aam29290

He said that they're building a maze and that the show will close mid august? Then how are they building the maze if the show is still active? Sorry if this sounds dumb.

I'm pretty sure he meant Special Effects would close mid-August so they can begin construction on the maze.

I just can't imagine Hollywood getting the rights to do The Exorcist and Orlando not wanting to do it as well. Universal Orlando would automatically jump on the opportunity and scrap one of the originals we have planned in exchange for The Exorcist. It's notably one of the most popular horror movies of all time, no way Aiello and the team would pass on it.

• Like 3

The Walking Dead (Metro)

Original Maze (SS)

Dracula has potential!

Honestly, if this is the line up or similar to it ... I'll be beyond bored, the only ones that interest me is CITW and The Exorcist, which, Murdy has tried getting for years, and I highly doubt he got this year, I think in the past he's also said it would be a very difficult one to execute due to the nature of it all, plus ... there's really not much material for a maze.

Just my opinion.

The Walking Dead (Metro)

Original Maze (SS)

Dracula has potential!

Honestly, I would switch out the Exorcist for the Conjuring. Other then that, I think we have figured out our line-up this year, except for the original maze.

Like Zero said, they would close the show mid-August...which sounds incredibly late for an event that begins on September 19th. I'm honestly starting to doubt this rumor as I feel like the seventh maze would be better on Metro.