HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Like he's never said stuff to throw everyone off before?

I'm just trying to match it up with the Teen Spirit clues. I think it is a good fit.

I can't wait for the sequel!

He says stuff to throw people off but when he outright says it's not coming I think that's a good indication it's not coming.

Okay guys, let's put our heads together...

What else could the maze be if its not The Conjuring?

Why are you so bent on the Conjuring not happening? I think Zero spelled it out the last couple of pages that its more than likely. Of all of the paranormal properties to work with, Conjuring is the only candidate. Paranormal Activity has very little to work with. Zero already went in depth about the other reasons.

Back to your question, Im asking the same thing., What else would it be!? It would have to be in Perisian Square. I think we already developed that. Cross out Halloween, Resident Evil, Trick r Treat, the Exorcist, the Purge, Freddy, Jason, and Scream and please tell me what else is left that qualifies as an "appealing IP". Nothing is left except a successful movie with creepy environments, horrific characters, and a successful b.o. hehind it. Since its a paranormal property (which was a proven success thanks to Insidious), why not put it in the venue that needs the most help. Whether you like it or not, all signs are pointing to the Conjuring.

• Like 1

Why are you so bent on the Conjuring not happening? I think Zero spelled it out the last couple of pages that its more than likely. Of all of the paranormal properties to work with, Conjuring is the only candidate. Paranormal Activity has very little to work with. Zero already went in depth about the other reasons.

I may be one of the few people out there that absolutely hates the PA franchise and always have. The first film put me to sleep and luckily I didn't pay to see it or I would have been really peeved. The Conjuring definitely has more creep factor and fun than PA but regardless if that IS the maze or not, if it does turn out to be PA I'll definitely avoid that maze and feel severely ripped off. It's just ... not scary. The Conjuring may not be "scary" to some but the backing and fan base behind it is incredible. Yes PA had good reviews and following as well but like I said, in my opinion it's just cheese on top of cheese plus it's a very POV/camera shaking film, how would that translate to a maze and allow guests to "feel" it? Like discussed somewhere else on this topic, HHN is basically conga lines through the mazes by the second hour of the maze being open, making the scares hard, resetting, etc. A lot of consideration needs to go into it. Just my opinion.

I also just watched it and while I never could picture it as a maze, I really did love the change from strictly clowns at main entrance to the purge SZ last year, was really hoping we'd see that again this year. Edited by Mellie_M0nster
  • Like 1

On Park Journey's latest update you can see they have begun setting up the support beams that the Puppets will be hoisted on in the Maze going in the JP queue. Not sure how people can still doubt AWiL after seeing that.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 2

I'm not saying its not Conjuring (okay I am). I'm fully aware of its environments, characters, appeal, etc. and I'm still sticking with "this just isn't a maze property YET." So for the sake of speculation, let's just say its not ,in case y'all are wrong. Even if you AREEEE right, we still have like a maze or two that don't have solid spec yet that could benefit from our minds expanding towards other properties. THEN... what else could it possibly be?!

I'm personally still iffy on CITW and AVP. I firmly believe in Dracula and AWIL, however.

(I also want to note I've only been wrong once on the "its not happening" train and that was Alice Cooper. I'll totally and willingly eat crow if I am wrong again, but my hunches have been like... 99% accurate before, so they do have some validity :-P)

On Park Journey's latest update you can see they have begun setting up the support beams that the Puppets will be hoisted on in the Maze going in the JP queue. Not sure how people can still doubt AWiL after seeing that.

Link to the video?

If this means my theory of Murdy telling the higher ups that while it has low awareness they can just use those amazing puppets and it will be about as cheap as doing a repeat, this is good news for the budget and seeing those amazing puppets that they used in Orlando.

I'm personally still iffy on CITW and AVP. I firmly believe in Dracula and AWIL, however.

I'm with you on this. As much as I want CITW to happen I'm unsure of it. AVP I just don't want to happen, I would rather have just Aliens and actually get scared going through the maze. I think the codename pointing to AVP is too obvious and meant to have people come to that conclusion.

Edited by HigbeeHaunt

Last year the codename for Evil Dead lead to ED.

I'm sure there's some other IP out there that's never been featured at HHN, would make fans freak out, would require their makeup company to hire creature suit worker, and involves levels of special effects that HHN has never used. Something that Orlando didn't want to use and has nothing to do with Orlando doing AVP this year.

I'm sure there's some other IP out there that's never been featured at HHN, would make fans freak out, would require their makeup company to hire creature suit worker, and involves levels of special effects that HHN has never used. Something that Orlando didn't want to use and has nothing to do with Orlando doing AVP this year.

We might as well put Jaws in the mix then. People are talking about the Conjuring being a boring maze, I think AVP would be boring especially if it's only based on the first movie. If it's only based off AVPR then I can actually see some maze potential, but with so many setting changes and props I would think it would have a longer treatment.

Edited by HigbeeHaunt

If this means my theory of Murdy telling the higher ups that while it has low awareness they can just use those amazing puppets and it will be about as cheap as doing a repeat, this is good news for the budget and seeing those amazing puppets that they used in Orlando.

Lower left and look at the cubicles extending out (The one in the back has a beams set up)

14419408687_fcf19b26e4_b.jpg

Edited by Zero56

We might as well put Jaws in the mix then. People are talking about the Conjuring being a boring maze, I think AVP would be boring especially if it's only based on the first movie. If it's only based off AVPR then I can actually see some maze potential, but with so many setting changes and props I would think it would have a longer treatment.

I know everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion, but you'd rather see a few people done up in ghost makeup than Aliens AND Predators?

Inside the magic just posted a photo of a facade under construction at universal orlando, and it is identical to the Jurrasic park facade? Is it possible that it is not AWIL!?

That's going to be where Halloween is most likely.

I agree with Higbee. I don't think I put much thought into it, but a maze based off the movie AVP would be uber lame. I think my mind just went to ALIENS, PREDATORS, OMZGAH!!! But the actual content therein would be super lackluster. I am hoping it'll be a mash up of the greatest moments of each series with the starting point being the pyramid, possibly?

That's if its even HAPPENING.

Users with their snarky and sarcastic remarks are bullying the speculation into only one direction and its NOT helping.

I understand Orlando is our only lead in point, but we gotta think outside the box (the Orlando box that is).

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2