HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I agree with Higbee. I don't think I put much thought into it, but a maze based off the movie AVP would be uber lame. I think my mind just went to ALIENS, PREDATORS, OMZGAH!!! But the actual content therein would be super lackluster. I am hoping it'll be a mash up of the greatest moments of each series with the starting point being the pyramid, possibly?

That's if its even HAPPENING.

Users with their snarky and sarcastic remarks are bullying the speculation into only one direction and its NOT helping.

I understand Orlando is our only lead in point, but we gotta think outside the box (the Orlando box that is).

Well the clues fit rather will, it's rumored for Orlando, it's a freak out property that would require a soundstage, and there's a creature suit tech on board over at boneyard FX. Personally, I think it's a pretty sure thing.

There's a lot of content I be used from the first film. Obviously the xenomorphs and predators, some face higher victims, the queen mother could be pulled off similar to the la Llorona kicker. I imagine it would start of in the whaling base as it would be easier to pull of in that space and could reuse props/ sets from the thing.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

@mcneezy1984 I don't like to rate things, should be a cool panel... Something fans want to see

— Horror Nights (@HorrorNights)

July 8, 2014

Hinting at the AVP announcement? Like Mellie said a while ago, they used that spot for the Insidious announcement so it would make sense to do the "freak out" maze in front of a live audience.
  • Like 1

Hinting at the AVP announcement? Like Mellie said a while ago, they used that spot for the Insidious announcement so it would make sense to do the "freak out" maze in front of a live audience.

I don't really see them announcing an I.P that is shared. My guess would be announcing The Conjuring. James Wan is in the area and wrapping up on Fast 7.

Edit: Haha Rides took the words right out of my mouth.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 3

I don't think I put much thought into it, but a maze based off the movie AVP would be uber lame. I think my mind just went to ALIENS, PREDATORS, OMZGAH!!! But the actual content therein would be super lackluster.

Users with their snarky and sarcastic remarks are bullying the speculation into only one direction and its NOT helping.

You think an ancient pyramid in Antartica filled with some of the best alien creatures ever created for film is lame?

Not sure who is bullying, but I did my best to match the clues awhile ago. AVP fit then, and it still does now. I also said that Trick 'r Treat could fit possibly with Beauty or Teen Spirit and this was more or less shot down because Murdy said he wants to see how the sequel does. Earlier I thought Resident Evil could have been Soap Commercial, but if Soap Commercial is truly being built in JP, then that is more than likely incorrect since the facade certainly looks like The Slaughtered Lamb.

We don't even have clues for the potential 7th house, so it could be quite a few things. I haven't given up totally on Resident Evil yet. Some of you were ready to jump aboard the Cabin in the Woods bandwagon without rock solid leads to the the Teen Spirit clues. If I remember, earlier my Resident Evil match was shot down mainly due to the fact that zombies are in it. Cabin in the Woods has zombies too, so why would it be ok in that case?

The question still remains... who is the actor in Teen Spirit? I firmly believe it is Sean Penn. If someone can come up with another famous actor who would be in his teens or twenties in 1985 and be dancing in a mosh pit let me know. I'll try to match his name to some other possibilities. All I got with Sean Penn was Trick 'r Treat, Wrong Turn, Monster Squad, Dead Space, and even American Werewold in London (if it wasn't already matched). Not exactly the best list to choose from.

The mystery 7th house could be anything that hasn't already been used before and isn't already tied into another codename. So guess away...

Although I don't think a Conjuring house would be all that great, it certainly made enough cash and has enough of a following that it very well could be the 7th house.

And... much like your AWiL is pretty much all but confirmed over here, Halloween is now all but confirmed over on the Orlando side. Both facades definitely are almost exact matches to the buildings in each ip.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

You think an ancient pyramid in Antartica filled with some of the best alien creatures ever created for film is lame?

Not sure who is bullying, but I did my best to match the clues awhile ago. AVP fit then, and it still does now. I also said that Trick 'r Treat could fit possibly with Beauty or Teen Spirit and this was more or less shot down because Murdy said he wants to see how the sequel does. Earlier I thought Resident Evil could have been Soap Commercial, but if Soap Commercial is truly being built in JP, then that is more than likely incorrect since the facade certainly looks like The Slaughtered Lamb.

We don't even have clues for the potential 7th house, so it could be quite a few things. I haven't given up totally on Resident Evil yet. Some of you were ready to jump aboard the Cabin in the Woods bandwagon without rock solid leads to the the Teen Spirit clues. If I remember, earlier my Resident Evil match was shot down mainly due to the fact that zombies are in it. Cabin in the Woods has zombies too, so why would it be ok in that case?

The question still remains... who is the actor in Teen Spirit? I firmly believe it is Sean Penn. If someone can come up with another famous actor who would be in his teens or twenties in 1985 and be dancing in a mosh pit let me know. I'll try to match his name to some other possibilities. All I got with Sean Penn was Trick 'r Treat, Wrong Turn, Monster Squad, Dead Space, and even American Werewold in London (if it wasn't already matched). Not exactly the best list to choose from.

The mystery 7th house could be anything that hasn't already been used before and isn't already tied into another codename. So guess away...

Although I don't think a Conjuring house would be all that great, it certainly made enough cash and has enough of a following that it very well could be the 7th house.

We turned down Resident Evil becuase Murdy himself said he doesn't want to do Video Game houses after Silent Hill wasn't well received by the GP. It wasn't well received by the GP in Orlando last year so not sure why Murdy would bring it here.

Edited by Zero56

We turned down Resident Evil becuase Murdy himself said he doesn't want to do Video Game houses after Silent Hill wasn't well received by the GP. It wasn't well received by the GP in Orlando last year so not sure why Murdy would bring it here.

It was also a movie. The house in Orlando last year was based off the game for the most part.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I though he said he would consider doing another video game maze no?

He said he was hesitant to do another one which is why he passed up Resident Evil and just stayed with The Walking Dead.

Very well spotted. As people who actually go to Hollywood know, Murdy usually doesn't do films he doesn't like unless Marketing shoves it into the event.

Edited by Zero56

Yeah... Seems like a pretty bold statement, to just never do a game house ever again.

I think the reason that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill didn't work was due to the amount of games in the series. Everyone has their favorite installment, and if it's not represented "fairly" then they pout. It's difficult to balance every game evenly.

The same could be said for movies but video games tend to vary in style from game to game more so than movies.

I think, for a video game house to work, it should be based on a standalone game, i.e. The Evil Within

• Like 1

I think the reason that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill didn't work was due to the amount of games in the series. Everyone has their favorite installment, and if it's not represented "fairly" then they pout. It's difficult to balance every game evenly.

The same could be said for movies but video games tend to vary in style from game to game more so than movies.

I think, for a video game house to work, it should be based on a standalone game, i.e. The Evil Within

The Evil Within isn't even out yet... hehe

Although, it will be one of the few games I definitely get once it comes out.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR