HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I have to imagine Murdy screaming in his office at people who say he is running out of ideas.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU PEOPLE WOULD WATCH SOME NEW HORROR MOVIES THAT DON'T AREN'T SLAMMING DOORS ONCE IN A WHILE I WOULD HAVE MORE FODDER!"

I'm sure this was meant as a joke, but this is truly a disturbing and honest revelation as to the state of the horror film genre at the moment...

• Like 2

I'm sure this was meant as a joke, but this is truly a disturbing and honest revelation as to the state of the horror film genre at the moment...

Yup. That's why people keep asking for Saw/HOTC/Freddy/Jason/TCM repeats. That's the best stuff for mazes, franchises that are at least a decade old if not much older.

People want to see big horror franchises, but they are responsible for the lack of big horror franchises that can work.

• Like 2

Yup. That's why people keep asking for Saw/HOTC/Freddy/Jason/TCM repeats. That's the best stuff for mazes, franchises that are at least a decade old if not much older.

People want to see big horror franchises, but they are responsible for the lack of big horror franchises that can work.

Every once in a blue moon now, you get an Insidious that works as well... but the found-footage curse will never go away :/

My Speculation on Prices this year:

GA: 70$ (nonpeak) 80$ (peak)

FOTL: 120$ (nonpeak) 140$ (peak)

VIP: 230$ (nonpeak) 250$ (peak)

Day and night pass: 120$

Multi night pass: 120$ (7-10 nights)

Expect even higher prices this year.

I think you're aiming too high. The nonpeak last year was only around 50 dollars (I paid 54 on a sunday). If the Daytime admission only went up a few bucks, I don't think the HHN admission will go up 20

Edit: Are you talking about online prices or front gate prices?

Wait, I just went to the 2013 website and it appears they've added dates to last year's calendar. Might be a few of the dates we're getting this year?

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

I'm really looking forward to the mazes this year and I'm excited! But it could of been better.

Aliens versus Predator, American Werewolf in London & The Original I will be looking forward to but TWD should of only been a maze and scare zone. I wish the SZ went in the front with the Governor being the talking dude.

Being the TT for the third time in a row is weak, it could of been a mix of all the IPS we got this year, something original or a IP aka Purge or The Ring (;

FDTD should of easily just been Halloween. I don't mind Face Off it sounds really cool. Dracula Untold looks cool too but could of been something we asked for like SCREAM! (Murdy why do you hate Scream)

Just imagine

The Terror Tram (Mix of IP's)

TWD

Halloween

Alien versus Predator

American Werewolf In London

Scream

Face Off/HOH

Original

But the original line up still got me hyped

Edited by StraightEdge

I'm going off front gate price not online... but online prices will be in the 60$ range.

But HHN prices will go up a lot: 7th maze, expensive puppets, and a new ride will be the justification for the new price increase.

Since I bought my ticket online I don't know what the gate price was... the new dates on the 2013 calendar have front gate prices aroung 77$. Is that any different than last year?

Also, they have a day/night combo ticket for the same price as normal park admission. Was it like that last year? So many questions.

See for yourself, the dates that aren't redded out are new since a few days ago (last time I checked)

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2013/tickets.php

Edited by deliciousoatmeal
  • Like 1

I'm really looking forward to the mazes this year and I'm excited! But it could of been better.

Aliens versus Predator, American Werewolf in London & The Original I will be looking forward to but TWD should of only been a maze and scare zone. I wish the SZ went in the front with the Governor being the talking dude.

Being the TT for the third time in a row is weak, it could of been a mix of all the IPS we got this year, something original or a IP aka Purge or The Ring (;

FDTD should of easily just been Halloween. I don't mind Face Off it sounds really cool. Dracula Untold looks cool too but could of been something we asked for like SCREAM! (Murdy why do you hate Scream)

Just imagine

The Terror Tram (Mix of IP's)

TWD

Halloween

Alien versus Predator

American Werewolf In London

Scream

Face Off/HOH

Original

But the original line up still got me hyped

Since it'll be your first time, you'll love it regardless of the lineup. The first couple years of attending are the best, but then the type of scares Murdy uses tend to get predictable fairly quickly.

Edited by shark23

Since it'll be your first time, you'll love it regardless of the lineup. The first couple years of attending are the best, but then the type of scares Murdy uses tend to get predictable fairly quickly.

I think the way you worded this makes it sound like it gets boring. Even though you kind of know what's coming you still have fun (I assume, I've only gone twice but hey, you guys keep going)

The scares get predictable, but if you're a fan, you'll appreciate the artistry of it all and if you're lucky, you'll get legitimately caught off guard by a scare at least once or twice per trip. I live for the moments where I totally suspend my belief and am immersed in the maze to the point I think its real, even if it only happens a handful of times. And when that doesn't happen, I'm amazed by set design, make up, soundtrack, etc.. This is probably why I stopped going to Knotts, because once I realized every scare was someone just getting in my face and hitting their hand on the wall, I couldn't appreciate the design of the mazes. I would just be kinda bored, unless i was with a group of friends, who I could be having fun with anywhere and for cheaper. I could be at HHN alone and still enjoy myself, which is a testament to the event's quality in both good scares and design.

Halloween and Scream at the same event would kinda suck. Environments are too similar. One or the other would make me happy, but since I've seen Halloween before, I'm still dreaming of a Scream maze.

However, I do agree that FDTD and/or Dracula could've been substituted for about anything and this would be a much more stellar line up, such as the aforementioned Scream and Halloween. Then of course there's AHS, CITW, Resident Evil, etc.. which are all more classic and/or current than the two we got stuck with.

• Like 1

I think the way you worded this makes it sound like it gets boring. Even though you kind of know what's coming you still have fun (I assume, I've only gone twice but hey, you guys keep going)

Didn't mean to make if sound that way sorry! Of course I still have fun! The lack of variety for scare methods doesn't detract from the extremely impressive costumes/sets and the energetic scareactors' performances. Plus, I do still get scared it's just not that often. But that isn't just for HHN, I'm sure many of us here don't get as scared at any event when you've been going to events for years. Just how it is, but it's still my most anticipated time of the year.

Didn't mean to make if sound that way sorry! Of course I still have fun! The lack of variety for scare methods doesn't detract from the extremely impressive costumes/sets and the energetic scareactors' performances. Plus, I do still get scared it's just not that often. But that isn't just for HHN, I'm sure many of us here don't get as scared at any event when you've been going to events for years. Just how it is, but it's still my most anticipated time of the year.

Yeah, I knew what you meant :) I was just clarifying.

But seriously were the prices like this last year? I can't remember.

Ya know my daughter said to me "this years lineup isnt really good, what do you think" I said well I look at it like this we've been going since 2007 so thats pretty much 40 mazes that ive been through and havent been let down yet... so even though the lineup is not as strong as previous years im positive that I will be impressed by the 2014 lineup...

• Like 1

Guys is no one freaking out about the new dates on the page? http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2013/tickets.php

We're getting Wednesdays now! The event is 28 nights now as opposed to 20 last year! This will seriously help with the crowds issue. This must be because they don't have a show now....

Edit: I feel bad for all the scareactors working 5 nights in a row now....

Edit 2: Also, it seems prices have gone up $3. The cheapest tickets last year were $49 if I recall, now they're $52.

Edited by JGmoney1996

That's the 2013 site, thanks for playing though!

haha, yes, I'm fully aware. But notice the dates they added. If we're right, those are the new dates for this year. It wouldn't make sense that they'd change the page to add Wednesday dates to a calendar from last year if it wasn't what they were gonna use this year. And, the calendar here starts on the 19th, AKA when HHN starts this year.

Edit: Also, on the bottom it says to save up to $20 on Killer Deal Nights. Well, the calendar has $25 off this year. It's not just a crazy glitch, this should be our schedule for this year.

Edited by JGmoney1996
  • Like 1

Guys is no one freaking out about the new dates on the page? http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/2013/tickets.php

We're getting Wednesdays now! The event is 28 nights now as opposed to 20 last year! This will seriously help with the crowds issue. This must be because they don't have a show now....

Edit: I feel bad for all the scareactors working 5 nights in a row now....

Edit 2: Also, it seems prices have gone up $3. The cheapest tickets last year were $49 if I recall, now they're $52.

I've been trying to point this out. I don't think we get Wednesdays as that calendar is 2013, so the dates are off. Not sure though.

So I know it's 99.9% agreed on that we'll be having the AWIL announcement at Scare LA but it just seems anticlimactic. I'm SO excited for that maze, probably more than I have been for any maze in years because of the fantastic reviews Orlando fans gave it but the awareness for it seems so low compared to Insidious. At least to the GP. I Know Scare LA is where the more passionate horror fans will be so it would be exciting, but i don't know just seems odd. To finish off the announcements with an older IP like AWIL (which was a dead giveaway because of the visible facade so it's not a surprise) and then an original maze.