HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I complained about AC:WTMN and it was my favourite of that year. ;D

In fact, a lot of the original-ish ideas with nothing specific to look for are usually up there. Less things to be disappointed by, low expectations, and well-made scares/environments just take you by surprise. I'm not complaining about the line-up that much this year. (Except the Figure part... I hate dubstep so much, but that's just me).

Edited by Kurseddragon

Hey man that's a pretty disrespectful thing to say, let's show some respect to all Halloween events. Sure Knotts doesn't have the budget of HHN but I have met Brooke Walters from time to time and I know she and her co-workers do put a lot of effort into their event considering what they're given.

Sorry I refuse to go to an event where at least half the houses are the same every year and it just doesn't look scary, every video I see of knotts is just someone standing in front of you and then they go boo

To above...

It was a little weird I suppose. However, maybe they really really wanted an AVP maze and there was a point where just about no one wanted to believe it was possible. For a small stretch of time I may have kept this person's hopes alive. After being involved in this season of HHN speculation, I have no doubt that most of you are quite passionate about HHN just like myself.

Over on the Orlando side I can't wait for the Halloween announcement to be official. I've waited many years to see it done right.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Sorry I refuse to go to an event where at least half the houses are the same every year and it just doesn't look scary, every video I see of knotts is just someone standing in front of you and then they go boo

I honestly don't care if you want to go or not. Like Freak said just keep it civil. :)

So far I'm really only truly excited for AWiL the rest of the lineup seems pretty weak to me with the exception of AVP. In my personal opinion this is the weakest lineup since 2009. And at this point its not even because The Conjuring isn't coming I don't mind waiting till next year for that to happen seeing as the sequel comes out in October 2015. It worked for Insdious to wait to have both movies in one maze and I think the same is gonna be said for The Conjuring.

Very Excited

AWiL

Somewhat Excited

AVP

Walking Dead

Not Excited in the Least

FDTD

Dracula Untold

Face Off

I'm hoping the concept for the original maze falls in my first category. And I know im gonna get the "dont judge it until you go through it" but this is just my level of excitement based off the property names alone. Yeah Dracula could be maze of the year, I doubt it but i'm just not looking forward to it.

Excitement Levels:

OMFG! - AVP

Awesome! - AWIL

Cool! - The Walking Dead

Good Enough. - Original

Meh. - FDTD

WTF? - Dracula

I Hate HHN Now - Face Off

Prediction Favs from Best to Worst:

OMFG! - AVP

Awesome! - AWIL

Cool! - The Walking Dead, Original, Dracula

Good Enough. - FDTD

Meh. - N/A

WTF? - Face Off

I Hate HHN Now - N/A

It's not a matter of being bothered, it's a matter of laughing at somebody who has made his every post about martyrdom of wishing everything was Insidious or CITW instead.

You don't like something? Cool. You want to act like you're being heroic for saying you don't like/never seen From Dusk Till Dawn? That's absolutely ridiculous and it should be made fun of. There's a very distinct difference between being unsure about a maze and saying that you're only going once and then going to KSF out of protest. That isn't passion for anything but bitching.

Well excuse me for giving my opinions and thoughts on the event. You're the one who makes "fun of" or complains of what other people post. So now I can't say that I'm going to try and visit other haunts with the money I'm saving from attending HHN once?

Let's just drop this and keep speculating about the original and the last 2 scarezones. ..

Edited by aam29290
  • Like 1

I'm very excited for AWIL , the puppets should look great! Also I have high hopes for the Original because I loved all the previous original/original collaborations (if that's the right way to say it). I loved La Llorona, el cucuy, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper's mazes. Am I missing any other original?

Also, I see how to fix my problem, and anyone else's problem for thinking that this year might not be so great. We keep comparing it to other years that we loved. As much as it doesn't sound so amazing, I'm sure they'll be some surprises.

PS. I apologize for my complaints or annoying posts.

wait, so you're prejudging an event before actually going? Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

• Like 4

I have to imagine Murdy screaming in his office at people who say he is running out of ideas.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU PEOPLE WOULD WATCH SOME NEW HORROR MOVIES THAT DON'T AREN'T SLAMMING DOORS ONCE IN A WHILE I WOULD HAVE MORE FODDER!"

• Like 2