HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

It feels good when you guess something right almost 2 and a half months in advance. AvP should be very entertaining. Now all that is left is Empire and the original.

Let's see if Dracula and Route 66 roadside theme hold up.

I promised that if we got AVP that I'd personally make an account to thank you, lol. I can't believe how many people flat out said no, like if they knew what was coming!

DTH316- "Okay, I'm gonna do it...

I hereby declare all AVP & Predator spec DEAD. It is NOT happening and not moving the spec forward.

You can spec on Alien though. :-P Which is generous, since that's most likely not happening either. But at least it's more plausible." Then he writes a paragraph explaining why we're not getting it lol.

Even a mod tried killing your speculation. Grindhousehero13- "except for the fact that Murdy said he was not gonna do it. Puppets, masks, holograms, genetic engineering does not matter Murdy has said it's to expensive to do. Would be awesome so would a Jaws maze if they figured that out does not mean it's gonna happen this year."

Zero56- "When did Dracula speculation come back? lol Oh wait nvm you're the guy who wants us to get it too so Orlando won't have to "suffer" alone."

Let these be a lesson ladies and gentleman. NOBODY has the right to kill ANY speculation unless you're Mr. Murdy himself lol.

ThNdIzNiR I hope you bless us with you code naming skills next year as well! Thanks!
  • Like 2

Let these be a lesson ladies and gentleman. NOBODY has the right to kill ANY speculation unless you're Mr. Murdy himself lol.

ThNdIzNiR I hope you bless us with you code naming skills next year as well! Thanks!

Thank you very much. For years I've checked in on this site to get updates, but I wanted to attempt to help out this year and share my thoughts. It has been a lot of fun trying to figure all this stuff out. We still have 2 houses left though...

Obviously I'm still sticking with the route 66 tour. Since we need a musician tied to this it could very well be Slash, however there is another famous musician who actually covered route 66...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgZnUXqvi8

Any way it could be Mick Jagger?

Earlier I really thought the Soap code name was Resident Evil, but there is little doubt that it has to be AWiL now considering the facade.

Miss Piggy still is not an actress!

You can't have an avatar where you're making a pouty face and constantly whine about mazes that haven't been built about IPs you know nothing about and not be called silly and dramatic.

Well we'll see when something is announced that you don't like.

Thank you very much. For years I've checked in on this site to get updates, but I wanted to attempt to help out this year and share my thoughts. It has been a lot of fun trying to figure all this stuff out. We still have 2 houses left though...

Obviously I'm still sticking with the route 66 tour. Since we need a musician tied to this it could very well be Slash, however there is another famous musician who actually covered route 66...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgZnUXqvi8

Any way it could be Mick Jagger?

Earlier I really thought the Soap code name was Resident Evil, but there is little doubt that it has to be AWiL now considering the facade.

Miss Piggy still is not an actress!

Can we not just start throwing in rock bands... Even if their music isn't making the theme; we don't need it. -.-

Edited by Kurseddragon

I want to give Murdy a hand for one great piece of misdirection.

He "confirmed" that ding dong was the red herring hint by saying "nobody caught it." Implying that it was a false hint by playing into the game of people thinking they can catch false hints.

The red herring hint was...there's a red herring hint.

• Like 4

I want to give Murdy a hand for one great piece of misdirection.

He "confirmed" that ding dong was the red herring hint by saying "nobody caught it." Implying that it was a false hint by playing into the game of people thinking they can catch false hints.

The red herring hint was...there's a red herring hint.

I was going to suggest this very thing a while back, but thought that it was ridiculous

The biggest blotch in this lineup to appeal to guests is FDTD. Everything else seems on purpose. It only makes sense to do FaceOff to show off new talent, to do a classic Universal monster maze with Dracula, to bring back the most popular thing in horror with TWD, to have the puppets from Orlando be shipped over for AWIL, to do the most outrageous property they can think of with AVP, to ofcourse do an original maze... and then there's FDTD. I can't help but think this spot was reserved for something way more appealing, but the chance to work with Rodriguez ended up winning. I'm sure it could be a great maze, but hardly anyone knows about the damn thing - which is great and fine in of itself, but with everything else kinda being - lackluster, it doesn't seem like a fit. I will admit, something else small and obscure like TrT probably shouldn't even take its place in this given line up surrounding it. There needs to be one more big, current maze in the lineup, and FDTD is taking its spot. I can only hope the fans they've accumulated over the years will still show up - Haunts are known to rise and fall with popularity, so it wouldn't be a new idea for HHN to suddenly fail after doing great for almost a decade.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=2014%20horror%20movies

There's the list of current movies. I'm sure Murdy would love it for every year to have major movie releases, but that's not the case. So he has to go outside of the big current movies to 1. more repeats 2. go with lesser known or older IPs. Which would you rather have?

Honestly people enough with that overly dramatic I WILL SHOW HHN AND ONLY GO ONCE! stuff. It's just silly.

ohhhhhhh no we just lost $69.99 whatever will we do?

tumblr_lox02eaI2C1r0wgiuo1_400.gif

It's cool that you made an 2nd account and all but most of the post made are taken out of context, for one speaking for myself only I was talking about Alien...which we are not getting and Murdy has said we are not getting. We have the right to kill speculation when past years has proven us wrong based on same speculation but every year changes the rules we have the right to be skeptical just like you have the right to believe in something whole heartily which is why we created the eat a crow system.

Orlando why!?

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

your were to reduce the IP mazes not join them!

• Like 1

A little birdie said it may be a classic Universal property announcement tomorrow. Don't howl at me if I'm wrong

Well the little birdie you heard from was spot on, after all Dracula is a classic Universal property.

Looking back on that comment, I really don't know why you came to that thought. A shared property is a property that is being shared by both coasts the same year. Considering Orlando had AWIL last year and wasn't returning this year, AWIL wasn't going to be a shared property since only Hollywood will have it this year. Add in the fact that both coasts were planning to do the announcement at the same time, that would heavily suggest a shared property since it doesn't make any sense why'd they plan the same time to announce compleately different properties.

• Like 1

ohhhhhhh no we just lost $69.99 whatever will we do?

tumblr_lox02eaI2C1r0wgiuo1_400.gif

It's cool that you made an 2nd account and all but most of the post made are taken out of context, for one speaking for myself only I was talking about Alien...which we are not getting and Murdy has said we are not getting. We have the right to kill speculation when past years has proven us wrong based on same speculation but every year changes the rules we have the right to be skeptical just like you have the right to believe in something whole heartily which is why we created the eat a crow system.

Orlando why!?

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

your were to reduce the IP mazes not join them!

To bring balance back to HHN, not leave it in darkness!! ...