HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Everyone is saying not to knock these mazes before I've tried them, but I'm going to do just that. Here are my review predictions (out of 10) for the event based mainly on my excitement level. (Leaving out the original for now of course)

1. Alien vs. Predator - 10

2. American Werewolf in London - 9

3. The Walking Dead: End of the Line - 7

4. From Dusk ‘Till Dawn - 5

5. Dracula: Untold - 3

6. Face Off - 2

I think putting my feelings in perspective above and assuming the original concept is good, I think we'll have 4 very good mazes, and 3 disappointing ones. That being said, if I had done this same predicition last year, I would have said we'd have 4 good mazes and 2 disappointing ones which turned into 3 good mazes and 3 disappointing ones. But as long as we don't have another Evil Dead situation and have another Insidious situation where it takes us by surprise, this could be a great year. I'm hesitant, but I have enough faith to be excited.

If some of us think this year is not going to be as great or if a particular maze will "sucks", some of u tell us to not say that because we haven't been through the mazes or attended the event. The same can be said for the people saying that this year is going to be amazing and badass, you haven't attended it yet..

I have high hopes for the original.and now looking forward to AWIL's puppets...

Wow. Ya know, I have respect for people who are disappointed and/or excited for what's to come. It shows passion. There's a difference between someone going "gay, HHN is retarded now" and someone saying "it could be better, oh well, we'll see because I love going anyway." I feel sorry for these complacent people who feel nothing at each announcement, or if they do feel something, won't share it to seem like the neutral party because that's the "mature" thing to do. But then turn around and tell people not to feel anything because they can't "judge yet." Its an announcement. It's a reaction. Its an anticipation. If you can't understand that, you're an idiot. Let it be. If passionate people letting out their emotional reaction to something bothers you, then wtf are you doing on a fan board? What do you expect on any forum for people who are fans of things? Do some of you think you'll change that? Especially on a horror-based event, which is much like horror films, where the fans live a roller coaster ride of high and low expectations and high and low enjoyment of the product? Even if someone is saying "gay, HHN is retarded, I'll never go again," then let em. Their loss. Shorter line for you. If HHN fails and goes bankrupt and all of Universal is a ghost town, they can go to the fan boards and see why. What are people reacting to? What are people showing up for? What are people running to see? Its like a trailer to a movie - we judge if we wanna see a movie or not based on them. Nobody can genuinely say they'll sit through every Miley Cyrus movie because they can't "judge till they see it yet." Or a better comparison, if they love Marvel movies, whether or not if they wanna see the next Marvel movie because it doesn't look to be on par as Iron Man or Captain America. I get either disappointed or excited for a Thor trailer,and both films sucked in my eyes. Either way, there was an initial reaction, and I just may skip Thor 3 now if the trailer disappoints again. Marvel fans have the right to judge that trailer and then show their level of interest in whether they buy a ticket or not. Until y'all understand this is a board for fans where they're supposed to be able to let out their thoughts in a safe place (positive or negative), then you're just being a troll. There is some needless arguments on these boards and its making the boards really stupid. If you disagree with someone, just say "no way, its gonna be great, you'll see!" Or you can be the equalizer and just say "you might be right, you might be wrong," instead of "stop complaining." That's like saying "stop being excited." Fans react, simple as that, if you don't like it, GTFO.

And in other news, DRACULA IS GOING TO SUCK (pun intended).

• Like 2

I assumed Cucuy was going to suck 'cause like, I didn't know wtf Cucuy was. (BEFORE I joined it) I actually really enjoyed it. It was my favourite maze that year. Not by far, I wasn't overly ecstatic to be placed in it or anything. But, you know, still.

I hope everybody's wrong. :D Dracula/FDTD number 1 and 2!

(Sarcasm aside, I really think FDTD has a lot of potential).

It's not a matter of being bothered, it's a matter of laughing at somebody who has made his every post about martyrdom of wishing everything was Insidious or CITW instead.

You don't like something? Cool. You want to act like you're being heroic for saying you don't like/never seen From Dusk Till Dawn? That's absolutely ridiculous and it should be made fun of. There's a very distinct difference between being unsure about a maze and saying that you're only going once and then going to KSF out of protest. That isn't passion for anything but bitching.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1

Hey guys....remember that if Dracula came, we thought there would be eight mazes? Well, what if we ARE getting eight? What if this is the maze going in castle theater? I know that's HIGHLY unlikely but....who knows? :blink:

• Like 1

"Another hint was the title of a song by one of the X-Men. That song is "everything old is new again" by Hugh Jackman..."

Huh. So the X-Men was just Hugh Jackman, the most obvious one. I don't think anyone guessed that song.

"That musician was Michael Jackson, I was his VIP guide in the 80s at Universal. The album was HIStory (since the film is Dracula's story)"

A lot of people figured out that it was Michael Jackson, but nobody guessed HIStory. Even the people who figured out that it was Dracula Untold.

"The code name "Empire" referred to The Ottoman Empire (AKA The Turks) who invaded the area known as Transylvania (a famous horror setting)"

That was the easiest and most obvious codename I've seen.

• Like 2

So here's the codename connections for Empire.

The Empire that inspired the codename "Empire" was the Ottoman Empire, who invaded Transylvania (which in turn was the well known horror setting).

The famous musician Murdy gave a VIP tour to? Michael Jackson, and the album which connected to Empire? HIStory, since the film is Dracula's story.

Finally, the title of a song which was sung by one of the X-Men? "Everything Old is New Again" by Hugh Jackman. The song fitting with Dracula Untold being a reboot/new take on Dracula.

Also, apparently they decided to do this maze back when the film was just a script.

No we're only getting 7 houses draculas in Parisian.

As for the guy only going once this year because he doesn't like the lineup, that's very disrecptful to say that you're not going to event as much as you would have just because you don't like a few mazes we're having and would rather go to a less quality event, especially since murdy probably reads these. Have fun at Knotts Shitty Farm

If you go way back (May 21st), I did match Michael Jackson's HIStory to Empire. At that point I had the wrong maze matched to empire though. Then Murdy said that there would be all new ips (no repeats) so I changed it to Dracula Untold at that point.

Didn't get the X-Men song though.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

As for the guy only going once this year because he doesn't like the lineup, that's very disrecptful to say that you're not going to event as much as you would have just because you don't like a few mazes we're having and would rather go to a less quality event, especially since murdy probably reads these. Have fun at Knotts Shitty Farm

Hey man that's a pretty disrespectful thing to say, let's show some respect to all Halloween events. Sure Knotts doesn't have the budget of HHN but I have met Brooke Walters from time to time and I know she and her co-workers do put a lot of effort into their event considering what they're given. Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

lol this whole post as disrespectful

Wait... I hope you aren't implying that I made a 2nd account??? If so, that is completely untrue.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but you gotta admit that it's kinda odd that someone made an account JUST to praise you.

I'm gonna agree with Ferox on this one.

you don't like something cool. but does EVERY post need to be about how you don't like anything that is not what you wanted? at least I joked about Insidious (I still don't like the first one cuz of you know who) but I did admit I have not been through the maze to judge it... and it ended up being my favorite maze of last year.

• Like 1

Dracula is going in Parisian. That kills any eighth maze rumor. I wasn't expecting one anyway.

To anyone who refuses to go because of the line-up, just go and enjoy yourself. Isn't that the point? If you really are disappointed by the line-up, you don't need to go again. You might be pleasantly surprised. Dracula may end up being one of the better mazes of the event. You never know. Everyone complained about Alice Cooper: WTMN, and it was amazing. Just enjoy it.

As for the guy only going once this year because he doesn't like the lineup, that's very disrecptful to say that you're not going to event as much as you would have just because you don't like a few mazes we're having and would rather go to a less quality event, especially since murdy probably reads these. Have fun at Knotts S****y Farm

Hey now, be nice. Let's be civil here. Even though I disagree with his stance, to an extent, let's respect his opinion. Also, whether or not you like Knott's it HAS been steadily improving. They're really trying to push the boundaries and do new things whether or not it works. They have also DRAMATICALY increased the quality of their scenic design since the 40th. The Haunt designers are very talented people that really love what they do.

• Like 1