HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Murdy: "we're in the middle of announcement season. There is still a major announcement yet to come"

— Chris Glass (@TheChrisGlass)

August 10, 2014

the middle? interesting

also

There is still a major announcement left for @HorrorNights this year. A live show most likely. Bill and Ted replacement? We will see…

— Inside the Magic (@InsideTheMagic)

August 10, 2014

Rickey could be hinting that we're getting a different show since he seems to be on the media list and know about the announcements ahead of time.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Damn boys, six mazes announced already!

- Walkers/Zombies/The Walking Dead returns a third time (hopefully last time at HHN) with both Terror Tram and Maze

- From Dusk Till Dawn surprisingly shows up ? But seems legit

- Face Off will give light to some artists/their TV show and give us our final moments of our beloved House of Horrors :(

- ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR, DO I NEED TO SAY THIS ONE!!! :))))))))

- Dracula Untold, a 2014 film that could be much like the Van Helsing maze but this looks like it could be really intense

- American Werewolf in London! BADASS WEREWOLVES, WOAHHH

And last but not least The Original better be fucking great to be announced last and be on the ranks of AvP & AWIL

I like how Murdy has never officially announced that we have 7 mazes this year

• Like 2

Damn boys, six mazes announced already!

- Walkers/Zombies/The Walking Dead returns a third time (hopefully last time at HHN) with both Terror Tram and Maze

- From Dusk Till Dawn surprisingly shows up ? But seems legit

- Face Off will give light to some artists/their TV show and give us our final moments of our beloved House of Horrors :(

- ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR, DO I NEED TO SAY THIS ONE!!! :))))))))

- Dracula Untold, a 2014 film that could be much like the Van Helsing maze but this looks like it could be really intense

- American Werewolf in London! BADASS WEREWOLVES, WOAHHH

And last but not least The Original better be fucking great to be announced last and be on the ranks of AvP & AWIL

I like how Murdy has never officially announced that we have 7 mazes this year

I actually appreciate that he never announced it, It's cool that he's not making a big deal out of it (yet)

• Like 1

I can't see how people are complaining about this lineup..

We have:

-TWD: it's always a solid maze

-FDTD: a cool obscure property with great sets.

-Face Off: it's a new HoH concept

-AVP: enough said

-Dracula Untold: a decent IP that has potential

-AWIL: huge praise in Orlando and will be one of if not the best maze.

-an original maze that will probably be great.

They're listening to the fans this year.

• Like 7

This is a phenomenal line-up; but I see HHN as a spectacular event every year. Hopefully, the backlot will not be a distraction. For some reason, I felt the environment on the backlot and upper lot was a little strange last year. Nothing catastrophic, just something I couldn't put my finger on.

Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 1

This is a phenomenal line-up; but I see HHN as a spectacular event every year. Hopefully, the backlot will not be a distraction. For some reason, I felt the environment on the backlot and upper lot was a little strange last year. Nothing catastrophic, just something I couldn't put my finger on.

I think the problem with the backlot last year was the positioning of the scarezone. The actors should have been in the middle of the city set, by the queue entrances. Instead, they were in the middle of a bunch of shipping containers.

If you got the FOL pass just run to the lower lot and keep going on mazes without using the pass until the lines get big then start using it. We didn't use our pass until Black Sabbath and that was because the line was like 30+ minutes at that point. So we got to go on every maze twice except for Black Sabbath and El Cucuy. If we didnt watch the opening ceremonies or I was with a faster group we could of easily got on everything and then used the pass to go through everything a second time.

if you have a FOL pass can you still wait in line so you can save your FOL later in the night? I was thinking of getting their really early for Scaramonies and going through AvP first but wait in line for it/walk in.

Then go in again but as the last attraction I do before I leave

If you got the FOL pass just run to the lower lot and keep going on mazes without using the pass until the lines get big then start using it. We didn't use our pass until Black Sabbath and that was because the line was like 30+ minutes at that point. So we got to go on every maze twice except for Black Sabbath and El Cucuy. If we didnt watch the opening ceremonies or I was with a faster group we could of easily got on everything and then used the pass to go through everything a second time.

OH THANKS NVM

I love that someone asked for shows right after Murdy said to just keep it about AWiL. Landis saying "hype this shit up" and calling Rick Baker "a little shit" was the best goddamn thing ever. People saying he is mean clearly have never met him before, he was a blast.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 4

So it would seem Murdy deflected answering it by confirming what we already knew, that there is gonna be another maze announcement. That's it. No show everybody. We can go home now......

Edit: InsideUniversal's Twitter makes it sound more likely that is actually is a show.

"Earlier, Landis was egging Murdy on to reveal the show. Said it was awesome. Does he know something more?"

• Like 1