HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I could be 100% wrong but the way that particular moment played out makes me believe that Murdy has something big in store for us. I don't think Murdy is referring to the original maze announcement when he said there's a huge reveal to come.

It either is a show and this information was revealed to landis, or its something that you fine sleuths on this board have failed to pick up on.

Kind of off topic but Murdy gave a very interesting bit of info today: he said something to the effect of each maze has to cycle 4500 people per hour at HHN. I thought that was interesting.

• Like 3

I honestly think if there wasn't going to be a show, he would've flat out said no.

Then again he never flat out said no about The Conjuring... and here we are. :P

Who knows but it seemed like a typical PR response to me. Even Murdy said right after "so any questions about AWiL?" I mean why would you want negative news coming out of your big Panel.

I love that someone asked for shows right after Murdy said to just keep it about AWiL. Landis saying "hype this shit up" and calling Rick Backer "a little shit" was the best goddamn thing ever. People saying he is mean clearly have never met him before, he was a blast.

The people I know who have met Landis said he is an awesome guy so once again.....All hail Landis All Landis, Oh Landis Can You Seeeeee...

that's just denial, no matter how awesome the next maze is it's original no need to make a big announcement, besides that there are only scarezones and the rest will most likely just get announced right before the site goes live so since Murdy said we are only half way through announcements reason to believe that a show is being announced could be last minute B&T, could be a new show hell could be a f'en parade (I kid btw).

• Like 2

Then again he never flat out said no about The Conjuring... and here we are. :P

Who knows but it seemed like a typical PR response to me. Even Murdy said right after "so any questions about AWiL?" I mean why would you want negative news coming out of your big Panel.

true, I'm still holding out though after hat ITM said lol

I'm thrilled to see that a new show seems likely. That's a huge relief. I'm glad to know Uni isn't THAT stupid to not have any shows with a large mass of crowds flocking to the event. Here's my official speculation for the new show: There were no auditions for the show. It would seem extremely late in the game to have auditions for a new show. I don't think we will have another pop culture-ish show like Bill and Ted. I think it will be either one of these options:

-SlaughterWorld returning. They can just have the cast work on a revised script for the event. I don't think this is likely because of the noise and the bad ratings it got way back when. It would do WONDERS for capacity though.

-A magic show of some sort. There wouldn't need to be any auditions for an outside figure to do a magic show. I could see Penn and Teller or Brian Brushwood do a magic show for the event.

Those are the only two options I see happening. I could also see a return for Chucky's Insult Emporium in Super Silly Funland as a second show.

• Like 1

I think it will be either one of these options:

-SlaughterWorld returning. They can just have the cast work on a revised script for the event. I don't think this is likely because of the noise and the bad ratings it got way back when. It would do WONDERS for capacity though.

-A magic show of some sort. There wouldn't need to be any auditions for an outside figure to do a magic show. I could see Penn and Teller or Brian Brushwood do a magic show for the event.

Those are the only two options I see happening. I could also see a return for Chucky's Insult Emporium in Super Silly Funland as a second show.

Holy crap. Penn and Teller does seem likely considering how close they are and how connected they are to the event. I feel like they'd love to do something like that.

Edit: And sure enough, Penn and Teller are doing no shows during September and have one weekend in October booked plus one night on a separate weekend in October. The schedule would be feasible but they wouldn't do a show every night of the event if they were to be a part of it this year.

Edited by JGmoney1996

I was seriously considering skipping out on the Fear Pass, but after hearing word about a new show, and all of the hype behind AWiL, it sounds like this year will make up for my disappointment from last year tenfold. I think this will be my favorite year since 2011.

I doubt they would want to be at HHN performing like 5 times a night for a month.

True, but Brian Brushwood did when he was at HHN Orlando four years ago. He did TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS each night throughout the event. I think he would seem more likely.

I was seriously considering skipping out on the Fear Pass, but after hearing word about a new show, and all of the hype behind AWiL, it sounds like this year will make up for my disappointment from last year tenfold. I think this will be my favorite year since 2011.

True, but Brian Brushwood did when he was at HHN Orlando four years ago. He did TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS each night throughout the event. I think he would seem more likely.

yeah but comparing Penn and Teller to Brain Burshwood, come on. It makes sense that Brian Burshwood would have the time to show up nightly.

• Like 3

I love that someone asked for shows right after Murdy said to just keep it about AWiL. Landis saying "hype this shit up" and calling Rick Baker "a little shit" was the best goddamn thing ever. People saying he is mean clearly have never met him before, he was a blast.

that was so damn funny I kinda laughed. Like do you not know how to listen??? Lol

So I watched the panel and Landis replied to the shows question with "Yes, they're awesome." He replied in plural form. That means at least two shows!? If that's the case, I predict a magic show in SES, and a Chucky show in Animal Actors.

My legs are sore from doing 24 hours of the Snoopy Happy Dance since AWIL was OFFICIALLY announced. I'm so excited that I'm going to get to see this maze again, that I can barely stand myself. The fact that the maze itself is supposed to be a little different is also awesome.. I think it's brilliant they chose to announce this during a Super Moon.

I only have two nights to attend your event though - opening night and the next night. Going on history, how crowded are those two nights? My goal is to get thru AWIL a minimum of six times in two nights.. think I can do it? :)

Now that I've seen it, I think Landis was just giving a general response since murdy didn't want to answer. I don't think he was referring to anything specific. It was almost like "now this is how you answer a vague question and still keep it hyped" but without knowing anything about the actual situation.

• Like 4

Last year, Cucuy was in Animal Actor's until Bill and Ted got cancelled and then we moved into there. o.o

Idk where those people would break if both stages were used. Lol.

Also, we weren't allowed to touch the stage 'cause it could affect the animal's behavior. So I don't think people can dance and sweat on it.

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 2

I dunno, I just think he would've said no like he did when he as asked if one of the mazes as 3D or music related earlier in the year. I just dont see the point in being dodgey with the question if there truly wasn't a show this year.

Why would he want any form of negative press coming out of the panel.