HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

There are rumors that Universal will pursue the rights to DC Comics characters the next time they come up. Warner Bros. would probably like to stay with Six Flags since they license a lot more of the WB library than Universal would (the Looney Tunes characters for example), but the other factor would be Legendary Pictures which has a deal with Universal and is the company behind Dark Knight, Man of Steel, and presumably Justice League. They would probably prefer their properties get the type of ride Universal can deliver vs being a lightly theme roller coaster at a Six Flags park.

• Like 1

There are rumors that Universal will pursue the rights to DC Comics characters the next time they come up. Warner Bros. would probably like to stay with Six Flags since they license a lot more of the WB library than Universal would (the Looney Tunes characters for example), but the other factor would be Legendary Pictures which has a deal with Universal and is the company behind Dark Knight, Man of Steel, and presumably Justice League. They would probably prefer their properties get the type of ride Universal can deliver vs being a lightly theme roller coaster at a Six Flags park.

All of WB's properties would be better off licensed for Universal theme parks tbh... Could anyone seriously imagine what would have happened had Six Flags used it's WB connections to nab the rights to Harry Potter before Universal got the chance? ...

• Like 1

From Shock Till You Drop:

"Dracula Untold, Universal’s big October release, is getting a tie-in at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando and Hollywood.

Attendees should look for the “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” maze at both locations this fall.

Beginning, Friday, September 19, 2014, guests can feast on this immersive preview of Universal Pictures’ upcoming epic action-adventure Dracula Untold.

Starring Luke Evans, the origin story of the man who became Dracula arrives in theaters on October 17th.

“Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” will introduce guests to the sadistic Transylvanian ruler Vlad Tepes, known as “Vlad the Impaler,” who infamously tortured his enemies by impaling them alive with a wooden stake and suspending their bodies.

The foreboding maze will also shed an ominous light on the one-time hero, turned blood-thirsty-tyrant, who chose to embrace unholy powers in order to defeat his enemies. “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” will spiral guests through Dracula’s eternal damnation, where the thirst for blood is never-ending."

• Like 1

The videos of the shared IPs last year (although I know you can't really judge a house by a nightvision youtube video) seemed pretty different. If for nothing else than Orlando has bigger venues to work with for the most part.

This makes me decide that I'll be attending HHN one time this year. I will be attending knotts for the first time.

Honestly people enough with that overly dramatic I WILL SHOW HHN AND ONLY GO ONCE! stuff. It's just silly.

• Like 5

Honestly people enough with that overly dramatic I WILL SHOW HHN AND ONLY GO ONCE! stuff. It's just silly.

What's wrong with saying I will only be attending once? And how is it dramatic. I saw the line-up don't really like it so I'm deciding not to spend as much money as other years.