HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Murdy actually said the word Xenomorph on Twitter..

yes but there is a reason they don't say the name in the actual press release.

Oh Disney... what could have been if you went through with the Nostromo and Xenomorph theming.

Edited by Zero56

I'm concerned about HHN next year. How on Earth are they going to top AVP?

You realize it will reach the point to where they eventually can't top it off. It would be impossible. That doesn't mean it can't be great though.

• Like 3

TrT is nowhere near the same in terms of OMG! factor, sets, characters, scope.

Ugh. I really wished I could have gone in that attraction. The one time I had a shot at this, I was a whining, crying four-year-old begging my parents not to take me in there.

• Like 2

Sam, Vampires, Werewolves, Zombie Children in creepy Halloween Costumes. The eery but beautiful locations... Trick 'R Treat has a ton of potential.

Ugh. I really wished I could have gone in that attraction. The one time I had a shot at this, I was a whining, crying four-year-old begging my parents not to take me in there.

Darn that sucks... at least we are getting AVP haha. Maybe one day when Disney lets it go (hehe) Universal can do something with it.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

The director of TRT just announced the sequel but no development has been worked on the movie since then? Im not so sure if TrT is coming next year.

And the only way they can top it off if they have stand alone Alien or Predator mazes, sz and terror trams in the future

I'm rooting for a Predator maze when the next Predator sequel is done in 2015/2016

....... is a pretty big fact that AVP will cost more for its rights, for make up, costumes, and sets and is 100 times trickier to design than TrT haha there's no opinion about it.

Just because it costs more to produce doesn't necessarily make it a better Maze. TCM: Back in Business in 2007 was probably cheaper to produce than a lot of the mazes made in recent years and it's still considered the best Maze Hollywood has ever done.

• Like 1

Just because it costs more to produce doesn't necessarily make it a better Maze. TCM: Back in Business in 2007 was probably cheaper to produce than a lot of the mazes made in recent years and it's still considered the best Maze Hollywood has ever done.

Actually Insidious is considered the best maze Hollywood has done :P

Anyways from what I'm getting AvP seems to be like The Thing 2011 maze on steroids. Hope it lives up to its hype.

I never said better maze, nor am I trashin TrT. But Murdy says they get bigger every year and have to top theirselves. In terms of innovation, AvP is as big as it gets. The next thing up would literally be Jaws/Godzilla/Jurassic Park. AVP is the top of the creature feature food chain that can be physically done at a Haunt.

Actually Insidious is considered the best maze Hollywood has done :P

Anyways from what I'm getting AvP seems to be like The Thing 2011 maze on steroids. Hope it lives up to its hype.

True. The GP is always right. :) Ah The Thing... the scene with Juliette running at you got me so good. I have faith AVP is going to hold up, Predators aren't scary but the Xenomorphs are an entirely different story.

Personally, I think they could "top" AVP if Stephen King would ever allow them to do something with his stuff.. OR if Mr. King chose to help them create an original from his twisted brain - that would be a dream come true for me. Keep in mind, not all of us are sci-fi nerds like you boys - while I think AVP will be an impressive house, I'm not peeing myself over it.

• Like 3

Keep in mind, not all of us are sci-fi nerds like you boys - while I think AVP will be an impressive house, I'm not peeing myself over it.

I don't think you need to be a sci-fi nerd to appreciate incredible makeup and special effects designs (hopefully). You have 2 historic creatures of the silver screen battling it out and we get to walk through and observe the carnage. What isn't to like? I can't wait to see how they pull this off.

I know some of you think this maze won't be scary, and it might not be, but I can easily see a few jumps if a face grabber comes flying at people's heads. There is also little doubt in my mind that the xenomorphs will get the job done as well.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 2

I don't think you need to be a sci-fi nerd to appreciate incredible makeup and special effects designs (hopefully). You have 2 historic creatures of the silver screen battling it out and we get to walk through and observe the carnage. What isn't to like? I can't wait to see how they pull this off.

I know some of you think this maze won't be scary, and it might not be, but I can easily see a few jumps if a face grabber comes flying at people's heads. There is also little doubt in my mind that the xenomorphs will get the job done as well.

Oh don't get me wrong.. I'm not putting it down (or any of you, for that matter). I guess I was trying to say this isn't MY thing... but so what? That's why HHN works because usually there is something for everyone. I'm not a big gore fan either, but it doesn't stop me from going through gory houses. I can appreciate effects and makeup and actors, etc.. which is why I also said I'm sure this will be "an impressive house". I was just responding to how *I* thought they could "top" this.

Keep in mind, not all of us are sci-fi nerds like you boys - while I think AVP will be an impressive house, I'm not peeing myself over it.

Google "best horror movies" and see what the very first suggestion is. Xenomorphs and Predators are two of the most iconic monsters in film history, especially when you don't count ones that couldn't fit into a house like Godzilla or King Kong. Or Jaws.

Edited by ferox

Can we move whether Alien Vs. Predator is a good choice to that thread? Let's continue speculation. We have a few questions to answer: What are the next 3 mazes to be announced? (We know about AWiL, but what is the original and what is the IP?) When will these mazes be announced? (We know there will be one announcement before Scare LA, but which and when?) And I'm sure we can come up with more questions just to pass the time.

• Like 1

Google "best horror movies" and see what the very first suggestion is. Xenomorphs and Predators are two of the most iconic monsters in film history, especially when you don't count ones that couldn't fit into a house like Godzilla or King Kong. Or Jaws.

japanese-fans-are-fat-shaming-the-new-go

• Like 8