It doesn't have any frightening antagonists

14415377257_3ba517a7e9_o.jpg

14415146060_bb8ab8053b_o.jpg

14578772076_5ea7a300cb_b.jpg

It didn't do well critically or financially

14415149530_749eb69b35_o.png

14599828244_7d5173e830_b.jpg

and it doesn't have an eerie soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpwsbJexZU&list=PLBASPOd7e-FKNHn18AgsS5x4zkWhD6bcH

Chris Williams certainly wasn't a fan of the film and it's not like Murdy has worked with the Director before (who has not been working at the studios the past 2 months) so he can't use creative license to add more if he needed to.

I totally see it now guys. I really do.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 4

I can see how the Conjuring can't work.

It doesn't have creepy recreatable sets

14578775676_40d855ef1c_o.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpwsbJexZU&list=PLBASPOd7e-FKNHn18AgsS5x4zkWhD6bcH

Chris Williams certainly wasn't a fan of the film and it's not like Murdy has worked with the Director before (who has not been working at the studios the past 2 months) so he can't use creative license to add more if he needed to.

For the most part, all the same stuff could be said about The Exorcist. Does it mean that it would translate into a really good house? Not necessarily.

For the most part, all the same stuff could be said about The Exorcist. Does it mean that it would translate into a really good house? Not necessarily.

Interesting considering Murdy has already designed a maze for it. So clearly he can make it work. Just becuase you can't conceptualize how to translate the film into a live attraction well doesn't mean it can't happen. Let's leave that to the professionals who actually have experience in that department. But that's that, end of story. I'll let you know how it turns out if it comes. ^_^

Anyways who's excited for the next maze announcement!?

Edited by Zero56

I can see how the Conjuring can't work.

It doesn't have creepy recreatable sets

14578775676_40d855ef1c_o.jpg

Do I sense a hint of... sarcasm?

Lol I'm totally on board with you here

Did he tease the WD announcement? I don't remember him doing it (I may be wrong)

Interesting considering Murdy has already designed a maze for it. So clearly he can make it work. Just becuase you can't conceptualize how to translate the film into a live attraction well doesn't mean it can't happen. Let's leave that to the professionals who actually have experience in that department. But that's that, end of story. I'll let you know how it turns out if it comes. ^_^

Anyways who's excited for the next maze announcement!

I keep hearing all about this Exorcist house Murdy has planned... where is it? It hasn't happened. So how do you already know it would be any good? For all you know, maybe it hasn't happened because he wants to add some creative liberties to a legendary classic and they want nothing to do with it. It has little to do with conceptualization, if the material just isn't there (in regards to The Exorcist). I'm sure he could make his own version of a house based on the movie, but then it is no longer The Exorcist.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I keep hearing all about this Exorcist house Murdy has planned... where is it? It hasn't happened. So how do you already know it would be any good? For all you know, maybe it hasn't happened because he wants to add some creative liberties to a legendary classic and they want nothing to do with. It has little to do with conceptualization, if the material just isn't there.

I'm not saying it would be good but if Murdy thinks it has enough material to hold an entire live attraction then i'm not sure how you can argue that The Conjuring can't work. (which if I saw the correct movie had much more material than The Exorcist) I'm curious how much experience do you have in the Haunt industry again? You must have surely designed loads of Mazes to know what can and can't work.

I'm think he explained fairly well why it hasn't come. Here ya' go buddy.14584810931_6c5e904e3e_b.jpg

Edited by Zero56

I'm not saying it would be good but if Murdy thinks it has enough material to hold an entire live attraction then i'm not sure how you can argue that The Conjuring can't work. (which if I saw the correct movie had much more material than The Exorcist) I'm curious how much experience do you have in the Haunt industry again? You must have surely designed loads of Mazes to know what can and can't work.

I'm sure he explained fairly well why it hasn't come. Here ya' go buddy. 14584810931_6c5e904e3e_b.jpg

and he can't get the rights because....

So I'm gonna take a guess and say that the next announcement has to be Awil if it's coming since I'm guess Murdy doesn't want what happened with Insidious last year which kinda already happened anyway but before they go further into detail with the facade.

• Like 1

So I'm gonna take a guess and say that the next announcement has to be Awil if it's coming since I'm guess Murdy doesn't want what happened with Insidious last year which kinda already happened anyway but before they go further into detail with the facade.

any fresh pictures? Last I saw, it was basically 4 windows and a door.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR