HHN 22 Discussion

Is tonight preview night? If it is I would like to offer a tip for those coming. Please do not judge the entire event just on the preview. Chances are that everything will not be at %100. I was at the RoF cast preview and at least two scarezones were deserted, some effects were down in the houses, and the floor during the Wizard of Oz scene in ST3 was sandy when it was not during the event. I'm just saying all of this cause some people last year (with no disrespect to them at all) jumped the gun and assumed the whole event will be like the preview. Plus there might be some people on this board that are going for the first time to a cast preview and and don't realize this yet. Here's looking forward to this year.

• Like 3

I saw the tv commercial(s) and heard the radio commercial(s) today and it wasn't "pretty much all TWD." Sure TWD is a big focal point but they are also pushing Silent Hill and Alice Cooper as the other two of the main three houses. Don't know what you've been seeing/hearing ad wise besides maybe the Publix ads.

This. The commercial doesn't mention The Walking Dead at all. And the extended ads promote Alice Cooper and Silent Hill as well as The Walking Dead. The only blatant over advertising I see for The Walking Dead, are the Publix displays. Outside of that, they are promoting the big IP's pretty evenly. The billboards are even separate. I'm actually surprised they haven't pushed The Walking Dead more. As far as the Facebook stuff goes, whether it's lame or not is irrelevant. They ARE trying to give things their own moment. For better or worse.

I have a stream but you had to sign up last night to see it. Its very shaky and doesnt load fast, but its decent. You cant see anything, its too foggy and dark.

not sure this will work but give this a try:

http://qik.com/horrornightsarchives

Well the streets from the videos I have to say look well ... scare actor-less, like seriously? Where are they? Thankfully it seems like fog is still going strong in a few established places but doesn't even look as strong as last year, except for the Grown Evil area. Hope the streets aren't as weak as we feared! :(

Well the streets from the videos I have to say look well ... scare actor-less, like seriously? Where are they? Thankfully it seems like fog is still going strong in a few established places but doesn't even look as strong as last year, except for the Grown Evil area. Hope the streets aren't as weak as we feared! :(

preview night is always like that, I Remember the time I went to the leatherface house there were no actors in the house at all, well, only like 3

and I would refer you to the below post....

Is tonight preview night? If it is I would like to offer a tip for those coming. Please do not judge the entire event just on the preview. Chances are that everything will not be at %100. I was at the RoF cast preview and at least two scarezones were deserted, some effects were down in the houses, and the floor during the Wizard of Oz scene in ST3 was sandy when it was not during the event. I'm just saying all of this cause some people last year (with no disrespect to them at all) jumped the gun and assumed the whole event will be like the preview. Plus there might be some people on this board that are going for the first time to a cast preview and and don't realize this yet. Here's looking forward to this year.

• Like 1

I agree it's not fair to judge the event solely by EP night. Without rides and restaurants to absorb people, the crowds and dynmics are different. And of course not all effects may be fine-tued just yet.

That said, there were solid indications last night that the roaming scare-zone concept is fundamentally flawed. It's on the various boards, it's also all over my Facebook feed this morning. Glitches that kept houses closed I expect can and will be fixed fairly easily--I'm not sure the roaming troops vs. set SZs issue can be as easily corrected.

• Like 1

That said, there were solid indications last night that the roaming scare-zone concept is fundamentally flawed. It's on the various boards, it's also all over my Facebook feed this morning. Glitches that kept houses closed I expect can and will be fixed fairly easily--I'm not sure the roaming troops vs. set SZs issue can be as easily corrected.

What are these "fundamental flaws"? I know a lot of the street actors were following a camera crew around last night as well. Plus, the street staff wasn't at full capacity last night from what I gather on the inside. The only complaint I'm seeing is that people prefer the set scare zone concept over the roaming concept. That's not a flaw, but a matter of taste.

I'm pretty sure everyone says it is the "WORST EP EVAARRR" every year, so I wouldn't worry about it.

This.

• Like 2

To present the other side of the coin to the "sunshine and light" post I put elsewhere: since I have a great deal of respect for most of the people who have stated this is the worst EP they've ever attended, I believe them and take their views seriously. I do think there is a lot to be fixed, and if those attendees are concerned, I pay attention.

I guess I just have confidence that most of the bigger issues will be fixed early on.