HHN 22 Discussion

I'm sure they will tweak it. I remember the first few runs through the Hallow were so dark I ran into walls, cornered myself, tried to walk out a emergency exit, walked behind the set, and bumped into people in front of me. But they lightened it up on subsequent runs.

I understand this so well. I got trapped in a tree in The Hallow.

Remember everyone, if it's still light out where sunglasses or an eye patch or you may become part of the scenery.

The brighter it is outside the darker the house will seem.

• Like 3

anyone know when Burger king usually starts putting their HHN stuff out? I can't remember last year but I figured it would of been out by now. Stopped at one today and the manager said they haven't received it yet. Is the coke stuff out yet?

The BK Cups are out....but they're HORRIBLE. I think the pics of them are in the Merchandise topic. Haven't seen anything with Coke pics yet.

OMG, not to sound daft.. but Jeramy, I think you just referred to a 2nd Silent Hill movie? I didn't know there were two.. jeez, I could barely get thru the first one. I could appreciate the effects, and I did say that the concepts would make a GREAT house. I just hated the movie. Don't think I could stomach a 2nd one.. so being kind of selfish, I hope a lot of the house is based on the first movie.

right well the second one comes out in about a month. It wasn't everybodys taste assuredly... I didn't actually like it at first either. I watched it through several times and I grew to appreciate it more. I'm a stickler when it come to adapting things sometimes and it didn't follow the original stroy quite right. But overall I love Silent Hill and the other world and the visuals were amazing

OMG, not to sound daft.. but Jeramy, I think you just referred to a 2nd Silent Hill movie? I didn't know there were two.. jeez, I could barely get thru the first one. I could appreciate the effects, and I did say that the concepts would make a GREAT house. I just hated the movie. Don't think I could stomach a 2nd one.. so being kind of selfish, I hope a lot of the house is based on the first movie.

The first "Silent Hill" movie, ugh...I couldn't believe I wasted two hours of my life on that POS. Like you said Eileen, the effects were great and I think overall it will make a great house, but the storyline was a snoozer. I have no intention to waste another two hours of my life watching the second film. I will however waste 2 minutes of my life walking through the house :)

• Like 2

I understand this so well. I got trapped in a tree in The Hallow.

Remember everyone, if it's still light out where sunglasses or an eye patch or you may become part of the scenery.

The brighter it is outside the darker the house will seem.

this is true about the sun messing up your eyes,

but sunglasses did not work for me, I tried, the houses were complete darkness after going in, Unless you have super dark glasses, like, the darkest glasses you could find,

The first "Silent Hill" movie, ugh...I couldn't believe I wasted two hours of my life on that POS. Like you said Eileen, the effects were great and I think overall it will make a great house, but the storyline was a snoozer. I have no intention to waste another two hours of my life watching the second film. I will however waste 2 minutes of my life walking through the house :)

the thing about the movie that I did not like, is that the characters don't fight or kill any of the monsters, (The cop shoots that one creature once)

the game is all about finding pipes or shovels and beating the crap out of all these monsters, yet the movie became a scavenger hunt to find the girl,

that did left me wanting more action in the movie, the good thing is that they were able to recreate the look of the game the same, everything looks really great, it looks so great in fact, that the game makers used the look of the movie in some of the games, as well as the look of the nurses,

the new movie looks better, it won't be the snoozefest that the first one was,

the thing about the movie that I did not like, is that the characters don't fight or kill any of the monsters, (The cop shoots that one creature once)

the game is all about finding pipes or shovels and beating the crap out of all these monsters, yet the movie became a scavenger hunt to find the girl,

that did left me wanting more action in the movie, the good thing is that they were able to recreate the look of the game the same, everything looks really great, it looks so great in fact, that the game makers used the look of the movie in some of the games, as well as the look of the nurses,

the new movie looks better, it won't be the snoozefest that the first one was,

That's the thing that made me LIKE the movie. Fighting supernatural spirits with a lead pipe is fun in a video game, but in a movie, that would just seem ridiculous. The movie was basically a Haunted House flick...where the house was actually an entire town. This lady was just Jane Doe and if she started picking up stuff and beating back Hell's Minion's like she was Master Chief that would have been ridiculous.

But delivering on the sets, characters, and the atmosphere of the games but having that work in tandem with a story EVERYBODY can related to: A mother trying to find her missing daughter.

I liked it. And VERY much looking forward to this house since we know there's the Siren (which is freaky as hell) and the nurses (which are awesome as hell) and hopefully a TON of fog....makes me a happy camper. And I'm not watching any of the previews or walkthroughs, so what I said above might very well be inaccurate, but it's what others have said :)

• Like 2

That's the thing that made me LIKE the movie. Fighting supernatural spirits with a lead pipe is fun in a video game, but in a movie, that would just seem ridiculous. The movie was basically a Haunted House flick...where the house was actually an entire town. This lady was just Jane Doe and if she started picking up stuff and beating back Hell's Minion's like she was Master Chief that would have been ridiculous.

But delivering on the sets, characters, and the atmosphere of the games but having that work in tandem with a story EVERYBODY can related to: A mother trying to find her missing daughter.

I liked it. And VERY much looking forward to this house since we know there's the Siren (which is freaky as hell) and the nurses (which are awesome as hell) and hopefully a TON of fog....makes me a happy camper. And I'm not watching any of the previews or walkthroughs, so what I said above might very well be inaccurate, but it's what others have said :)

I liked the movie too, but I think that's why so many people did not like it, because not a lot happens, I mean, she goes from place to place getting clues,

When the cop started shooting the thing, I thought she was going to start doing that, but she didn't,

you might be right about being ridiculous, but they did have a gun,

with all these amazing stuff planned for the streets, the walkers, the traditionals the vampires,

I really wonder if the actors will cover their faces like they did last year,

I wonder if they will break character again and cover their masks just so that people don't take pics,

I do not mean to sound negative or mean, this is not a bashing of anyone at all, I am really just wondering how this will be handled

what they did last year was kinda harsh, I am the first one to say Actors Should Not pose with people, I will agree about that, actors should not stop and pose,

but taking pics when they are just walking should be always allowed, we pay our money to enjoy the event and half of the enjoyment is having memories with pictures,

plus, some of you guys take amazing pictures, really amazing, I don't even take a lot of pics, I just like to see what others take as well,

I was pretty disappointed and mad last year about this, I really wanted a good picture of the crows and I never got one, that is my gripe with the picture taking, that I personally never got a good pic of my favorite costume, I am just afraid this might happen again

Last year it was not as bad because the zones did not have a lot of costumes,

but this year...I just hope they allow us to just take pics of the zones and the actors, NOT posing, but just pictures, (I keep saying that because I know a lot of people are against posing, which I Agree,) I am just saying it out loud here, I hope the actors won't cover themselves up this time, I want to see what everyone can capture,

(I mean, a lot of members here take really good pics, there are threads about it and even contests, I never understood why this never bothered more people last year, specially with the photo meet ups, the contests that happen here, we are very picture and video oriented, it seemed last year not a lot of people were upset about it, I agree posing is terrible, but breaking character to cover their faces is kinda worse)

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

http://www.facebook....79320683&type=1

Pictures of street construction and the media event

wow, the gate looks amazing, really really awesome, I love the fences with the posters for each house,

this is really really great theming, really really awesome entrance and really cool street props, best theming so far I think, (2008 was pretty good too, this is just really great)

So I guess no video for the entrance,

Edited by Mr. Black

282212_10151072202583149_416174426_n.jpg

69182_10151072062573149_1008202000_n.jpg

I wonder, is that another Beast?

and the Walking Dead pic made me think of something, It could have been cool if that part of the house was made in front of the house queue itself, ( I know this is impossible) but those shadows made me think of that, what if that was the people in the queue moving, they could have even said that we could try to scare others, kinda like if the queue was a line of mindless zombies as well lol :lol:

Im really interested to see what type of lighting will be used in Silent Hill. I feel it should be lighter than most houses

That's a very good point...because the movie itself was much brighter than I anticipated considering the concept of it all. It should be lighter to reflect the falling ash and/or if they could use lighting effect to give the idea of falling ash, that'd be equally as cool.

I'm here at the front gate at universal and I'm watching the rehearsals for the scare actors and let me tell you the warriors are very intimidating and they come in very big packs with swords knives and spears the beasts look very cool!! And the score for the park is pretty scary!! And I can here the Chainsaw prisoners comming!!

• Like 5

I'm here at the front gate at universal and I'm watching the rehearsals for the scare actors and let me tell you the warriors are very intimidating and they come in very big packs with swords knives and spears the beasts look very cool!! And the score for the park is pretty scary!! And I can here the Chainsaw prisoners comming!!

that sounds pretty amazing,

Not sure if this was mentioned by anyone, but something that was said at the media event (from the interviews Behind the Thrills posted) made me think that perhaps the way that restaurants/shops/bathrooms won't be "safe" is that maybe some employees will also have something like makeup or a mask or something else. Probably unrealistic, but I know that in 2009 Howl o Scream had janitors walk around the park in normal uniform but had trashcans and wheelchairs with fake skeletons that would pop out. I also believe one of them was in a (pig?) mask. It would be pretty cool but again just a thought

• Like 2