HHN 22 Discussion

It's like Dance Fever meets Xanadu meets a leotard with beast print...

The fact Xanadu and Dance Fever were both referenced in the same sentence made me laugh. Yeah I dont think anyone was expecting this from the Beast SZ. Everyone (including me) was expecting Werewolf like creatures. Then again, weve only seen one costume. The Warrior looks amazing though. Not what I expected (Nordic Dragon type warriors), but still cool.

• Like 1

The fact Xanadu and Dance Fever were both referenced in the same sentence made me laugh. Yeah I dont think anyone was expecting this from the Beast SZ. Everyone (including me) was expecting Werewolf like creatures. Then again, weve only seen one costume. The Warrior looks amazing though. Not what I expected (Nordic Dragon type warriors), but still cool.

The Warrior is the only one I looked at and said "WTF?"

What the hell kind of warrior is he? An S&M warrior?

• Like 1

Oh, see I looked at the pictures and didn't realize the Warriors were the ones that looked like they were going to be doing interpretive dances...and the beasts are wearing the potato sack style costumes.

• Like 4

I think he looks pretty cool. He doesn't fit the Warrior description AT ALL. S&M, very much so.

Now that I've looked at the pictures, I have to agree, the Warrior costume isn't what I expected at all...but it is unique and something different. (And I still think they need to bust out in an interpretive dance of some sort...)

The beast costumes themselves might not be much, but they could be leaving them bland so as to focus on the facial prosthetics and makeup.

That is gonna be freakin awesome to witness!

In regards to the pics posted above, I really hope they don't do masks for all the zombies in WD. The makeup is part of the reason the zombies are effective, and the thought of getting chased by someone in a Spirit Halloween Store mask doesn't really get my heart rate going...

Also, the nurse masks from Silent Hill. I was expecting something a little...different I suppose. But in the right lighting, it could look pretty dope.

Actually I feel the exact opposite, I am actually really glad at least some of them will have masks, I never understood what was scary about some guy or girl with some paint on their face, but that is my personal feeling, I've always liked masks better, (except in the legendary Truth house, that was bad)

I hope it is a mix of masked walkers and unmasked, but I would be happy if they were all masked,

specially if the walkers in the street will probably be unmasked, I bet the walkers in the street will probably don't have any masks,

The Warrior is the only one I looked at and said "WTF?"

What the hell kind of warrior is he? An S&M warrior?

right now as I look at the pics I get a bitter sweet moment, Silent hill looks great, the mummy and gargoyle look really great,

but the scarezones are giving me a lot of WTF? thoughts,

warriors look kinda stupid, at least that one costume, it might be better with the other actors, but that one costume looks so bad, and plain, so plain, the least looking costume, just looks like a guy that is going to a rave, or Burning man.....

From BTT

apparently they are letting them walk though multiple houses... lights on full audio.. some populated with scare actors

That's awesome, I hope they make the videos available on YouTube so I can download them via VDownloader (available on CNET, best free program ever) and watch them AFTER doing the event.

Also, if these videos/detailed walkthrough reviews are available online....I hope anybody posting details uses the spoiler coding option...or, at such a time, a SPOILER topic is opened for them to post in. Like I posted elsewhere, I had to turn off the since removed YouTube lights on tour and discussion of The Walking Dead Hollywood because I felt they were giving away too much info that MIGHT also be present in Orlando.

OK, this ends my passive aggressive suggestion/gripe :)

That's awesome, I hope they make the videos available on YouTube so I can download them via VDownloader (available on CNET, best free program ever) and watch them AFTER doing the event.

but.. IDK... what's the point? I'm all for construction photos and pics here and there.. but flipping full on walk throughs? Keep something for a surprise! It's like they know people will go no matter what so we don't care what you take pictures/videos of.. Just open the event early then... <_<

• Like 4

but.. IDK... what's the point? I'm all for construction photos and pics here and there.. but flipping full on walk throughs? Keep something for a surprise! It's like they know people will go no matter what so we don't care what you take pictures/videos of.. Just open the event early then... <_<

Yeah the whole walk through thing really makes me wonder.

I do love when you guys take pics of the tours you do, or record, but that happens when the event already started and everything,

when I saw the walk through for Hollywood TWD it made me wonder, what's the point

Couldn't agree more...UNLESS they're just taking The Walking Dead and Silent HIll, the two BIG IP houses, and trying to show the general public (not us obsessed nerds) how they really go all out to bring the experience to life. The Website photos are cool, but they're so processed/instagrammed/photoshopped as to make you wonder if they're real.

I think this, the guy (or gal) from Texas who saw the HHN Commercial on TV, the writeup in Game Informer, the GEEK magazine story, etc shows they're going after as many newbies as possible. Makes you wonder how much $$$$ they had to shell out to AMC.

From a business perpective, I can understand it and companies "leak" stuff all the time to built consumer interest...but I want to steer clear of it myself! And I'm soooooooooooo glad I'm going the first weekend in Oct before the crowds really start to pick up (echoing your thought that you're scared about the lines this year)!

EDIT: Like an idiot, I forgot to Quote JW's post and a bunch of people snuck in before I was done babbling...

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

Apparently Dead End as well... plus they already let people go through Gothic

In Fact BTT pretty much has a Walkthrough of silent hill on their tumblr.. but I'm not going to post it....

I just watched Jordans walkthroughs of Dead End and Silent Hill (I dont mind being spoiled). Both houses are top notch. Dead End looks like one of the top houses and so does Silent Hill. In my opinion Dead End looks better but I have a higher expectation for Dead End. It looked like the tunnel weve seen in The InBetween, Chucky, Interstellar Terror, etc. is in Dead End masked behind paper like walls.

• Like 1

I just watched Jordans walkthroughs of Dead End and Silent Hill (I dont mind being spoiled). Both houses are top notch. Dead End looks like one of the top houses and so does Silent Hill. In my opinion Dead End looks better but I have a higher expectation for Dead End. It looked like the tunnel weve seen in The InBetween, Chucky, Interstellar Terror, etc. is in Dead End masked behind paper like walls.

Links?

• Like 2