Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

Mark M.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how they'll pull off a cemetery. It's such an open space. Or maybe we'll go into some tombs or something?

that's what Im thinking, kinda like that room in the Wolfman that had the gates with the little stairs, I bet we will smell dirt too, I bet it might mostly be tombs or hallways, we might get an open space at the beginning Just like we had in Dead Silence, i mean, is too open of a space to think of a cemetery, there is no way,

This house HAS to have snow effects in it!!!!! If it doesn't I will cry. I do love the theme of a haunted cemetery, so this house definitely catches my interest, and if we do get to travel through tombs as well, well that will MAKE MY NIGHT!!!!! I'm expecting something similar to the LT house last year but done on a higher quality level. (Don't get me wrong, I LOOOVED the LT house since it was decidedly different from what I had come to expect from the usual HHN House, but it relied too much on its effects and not enough on its scareactors)

I wonder how they'll pull off a cemetery. It's such an open space. Or maybe we'll go into some tombs or something?

To me a cemetary is a very vast open space, but to do that with a continuous line of guests going through wouldn't provide any effective scares. Perhaps the initial scene or facade will be open space to set the tone and then remaining ares will focus on separate grave sites and/or tombs.

I'm a sad panda knowing I won't be able to see this. :(

Forgive me on this, but I'm not good with my sound stage locations. I would assume that this is going to be in the same stage as the Thing, right? (Like how Hades and PsychoScarepy were in the same stage last year.) That would make sense since they both are cold and will have snow.

I think there will be some portions where guests will walk through some crypts or tombs. I imagine most or about 2/3 of the maze (I hesitate to say house) will be "outdoors".

Forgive me on this, but I'm not good with my sound stage locations. I would assume that this is going to be in the same stage as the Thing, right? (Like how Hades and PsychoScarepy were in the same stage last year.) That would make sense since they both are cold and will have snow.

I had the same thought as well, but no. Winter's Night will be in SS22 (Legendary Truth/Wolfman). The Thing and Nightingales will share SS23.

In response to the new update on the Hawthorn Cemetery page . . .

JW beat me to it . . . CH2OH is an alcohol and the reaction shown is a combustion reaction since it is reacting with oxygen. Futhermore, various substances give rise to different colors when combusted because of the energy released by the electrons being transferred in this redox reaction. I wouldn't be surprised if hydroxymethyl gives rise to blue light when its photons are released. (Think about the Aurora Borealis.) The article about the Hawthorn Cemetery discusses Jonathan Hawthorn's attempts to keep his beloved Elizabeth alive with the help of Mr. Trumbull, the alchamist. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to use this reaction to help regenerate Elizabeth's body, but is now only keeping her spirit memorialized in the cemetery. Since sugar is the base of organic material and water is a byproduct of any combustion reaction, the blue light symbolized the presence of Elizabeth Hawthorn and the others who are buried on the grounds of the mansion that was to be the sanctuary for the Hawthorns. As for Mr. Trumbull's kin, I'm sure he continues to bring about the blue light every October to awaken the spirits of Hawthorn Cemetery.

You just have to love chemistry, no? Well, at least I do!

• Mark M. changed the title to Winter's Night: Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery