HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

What I would love to see Uni do is a variation on Hollywood's Terror Tram. They could load behind Lost Continent and drop between Jaws and Earthquake (essentially the route the Employee shuttle runs backstage). If they did that, with the SZ on the Backlot, it would allow guest to walk or wait and ride, and it would become one more crowd-soak.

Interesting idea. I like it.

I think a terror tram would be incredible!!!!! I've never been to the event out in Hollywood, but come on.....even the name....terror tram.....it sounds thrilling!! Whenever I read about the year they had The Director "loose" in the terror tram, I get so jealous >.< hah

I think a terror tram would be incredible!!!!! I've never been to the event out in Hollywood, but come on.....even the name....terror tram.....it sounds thrilling!! Whenever I read about the year they had The Director "loose" in the terror tram, I get so jealous >.< hah

Yeah I've never been to Hollywood either and I also think it sounds very interesting

I think a Terror Tram could be really awesome to do it here, that is one of the things that makes me want to visit Cali, sounds very interesting and it would something new to us, i could see people going to HHN just to see what the fuzz was about, that could be a good idea with putting HHN at IOA if sales start to decline

I have begun to hear a few rumors which I'd now like to share.

First I have begun to hear from my sources that A&D may have received corporate approval for whatever their current plans are for HHN XXI. That means they are now further developing their plans into specific houses and scarezones. Of course there is still the possibility that these plans could be radically changed over the next couple of months.

Secondly I have begun to hear a rumor about the possibility of the return of musical performances at the event. A certain musical group that has long been associated with HHN may be performing live this year. For this to occur there would be many logistical problems that would have to be worked out. For example, where in the park would such concerts take place? If they were to be held on the main stage then the queue areas for the Soundstage houses would have to be rerouted from where they have been in the past few years. They could perform on the Beetlejuice stage but then Brian Brushwood (if he comes back this year) would have to be moved back onto the Animal Actors stage. Another possibility would be if B&T were moved into the T2 building as was rumored last year allowing the musical performance to take place in the Fear Factor Live (or whatever it's called nowadays) auditorium.

All of this comes from sources that have sometimes been accurate, but also sometimes inaccurate. Therefore please do not take any of this as anything other than rumors for now.

Secondly I have begun to hear a rumor about the possibility of the return of musical performances at the event. A certain musical group that has long been associated with HHN may be performing live this year. For this to occur there would be many logistical problems that would have to be worked out. For example, where in the park would such concerts take place? If they were to be held on the main stage then the queue areas for the Soundstage houses would have to be rerouted from where they have been in the past few years. They could perform on the Beetlejuice stage but then Brian Brushwood (if he comes back this year) would have to be moved back onto the Animal Actors stage. Another possibility would be if B&T were moved into the T2 building as was rumored last year allowing the musical performance to take place in the Fear Factor Live (or whatever it's called nowadays) auditorium.

I don't know what the acoustics would sound like for a musical performance at the AA stage, but that might be the most logical place to hold such an event(s). Like you said, placing a live band at the Hollywood Bowl stage could create traffic flow nightmares with the SS queues as well as all along the "Plaza of the Stars" road. If this rumor ends up being true, it will be interesting to see how Uni handles the potential problems associated with the setup.

IMO, if they are looking at bringing in another show, I'd much rather see an "arrival" type show that is specifically HHN themed.

As much as I would love to see MS perform live, I would have to agree. An arrival show, or something of that nature, would be amazing. I think it's a really good way to introduce the icon to the public and of course, it's a field trip for us hardcore HHN groupies :] lol

Edited by Lambier

would you think they will do a 3d house and extreme house

i think the alone house was a good idea, i didnt go to hos but i heard it was good, do you think hhn will do some thing like this

I Would love to see a séance type of show, has that every happened before at hhn

i thinj they'll put an extreme house. If not this year, than the next.

It's the hot thing right now; HHN won't allow itself to be out done by HOS. I guarentee you we will be seeing one soon enough :] I really hope its this year...while I did go to HOS last year I didnt get the chance to go into Alone :/

And a seance show? Like,we watch someone summon something? Well.....there was the 08 press only show they had where Bloody Mary was "summoned" to talk to the crowd. But I dont think that really counts lol

would you think they will do a 3d house and extreme house

i think the alone house was a good idea, i didnt go to hos but i heard it was good, do you think hhn will do some thing like this

I Would love to see a séance type of show, has that every happened before at hhn

I don't think a 3D house and an extreme house are mutally exclusive.

The seance thing. I don't remember one. There was Madame Kuszel at Fright Nights... but To be honest I didn't care about the shows back then ( I was 14 :P) and many of them were nothing more than a roving street preformers. In fact I don't think I watched a show except for B&T until.. '97?

Edited by JWFearman

I hate the 3D houses! I end up just taking the paper glasses off anyway. It's not like there is really that much to see in 3D. As for an Alone type house, as much as it pains me to say this, I don't see Universal doing it. I don't know how they would effectively pull it off with the amount of guests they have in the park. I remember being at HOS last year and people complaining about not being able to go through that house. Universal has a greater number of guests, a lot of which are drunk morons! I think it would be too much trouble for Universal to put themselves through. I doubt it would bring attendance up that much and with the limited amount of guests that can actually go through the house in a night, I don't think they would end up making enough money from it to deal with the inevitable issues that will come of it.

Just my opinion, however. I really hope I am wrong.

Edited by Dick

The problem with splitting the event is the obvious really spread out attractions. It's A LOT of walking. If they were to split the park up like that, I think they should stay away from using the Earthquake queue because of how far away it spits you out. Maybe two or three houses in the sound stages or in Nazerman's, a scare zone in that area, and a scare zone in between the parks. They could also put the MS show in a soundstage if they used both parks. Anything beyond Nazerman's would be way to much of a walk. But I think this would help disperse crowds a bit and help with queue times. Maybe they could get HRRR open for the night as well.

Guest FL Universal Jax

I don't know what the acoustics would sound like for a musical performance at the AA stage, but that might be the most logical place to hold such an event(s). Like you said, placing a live band at the Hollywood Bowl stage could create traffic flow nightmares with the SS queues as well as all along the "Plaza of the Stars" road. If this rumor ends up being true, it will be interesting to see how Uni handles the potential problems associated with the setup.

IMO, if they are looking at bringing in another show, I'd much rather see an "arrival" type show that is specifically HHN themed.

I dont think the acoustics are a problem in the AA stage because they typically put concerts in there during Rock the Universe. Also, I think some of the que lines could easily be re-routed, perhaps placed inside of a soundstage, much like a few years ago. Of course, we could always get really really lucky and see Universal repair the SS next to Mel's. You never know right?

The problem with splitting the event is the obvious really spread out attractions. It's A LOT of walking. If they were to split the park up like that, I think they should stay away from using the Earthquake queue because of how far away it spits you out. Maybe two or three houses in the sound stages or in Nazerman's, a scare zone in that area, and a scare zone in between the parks. They could also put the MS show in a soundstage if they used both parks. Anything beyond Nazerman's would be way to much of a walk. But I think this would help disperse crowds a bit and help with queue times. Maybe they could get HRRR open for the night as well.

Dont forget, if both parks are used, the the number of guest can actually be increased. I do know that park capacity is determined based on the capacity ratings for each park. Back stage areas do not count in the capacity issues. Thus, if both parks were used, Uni would be able to increase the amount of allowed guest by a substantial number. I am all for expanding the event, but I think we all have to remember that their goal is to pack the park.

Yes I saw the update on that -__-

No offense to HOS here, it's a fun event, but...come on. COME. ON. Zombies? Really?

I think if HHN had a zombie icon, I would just cry D:

However, seeing as some sort of zombie is usually incorperated into the event every year, there's no doubt we'll be hearing some whining >.>

BTW.......does anybody else wish we got updates that early??? lol

Yes I saw the update on that -__-

No offense to HOS here, it's a fun event, but...come on. COME. ON. Zombies? Really?

I think if HHN had a zombie icon, I would just cry D:

However, seeing as some sort of zombie is usually incorperated into the event every year, there's no doubt we'll be hearing some whining >.>

BTW.......does anybody else wish we got updates that early??? lol

yeah I wish we got some updates early :/

Another thing that I think will change this year is the layout in the tent where Havoc and the Spawning were. I felt like I was walking through the almost the same exact layout as the spawning when I went through Havoc!

Another thing that I think will change this year is the layout in the tent where Havoc and the Spawning were. I felt like I was walking through the almost the same exact layout as the spawning when I went through Havoc!

Not to mention Dead Exposure. I think some of those structures are permanent in that tent!

Not to mention Dead Exposure. I think some of those structures are permanent in that tent!

I forgot about that one! It was harder to tell since it was so dark inside. Haven't they changed it all before though? I don't remember Clown O Vision being anything like the layout that's there now.

Justamn, thats a crying shame D: I'm sorry you'll be missing it!!!

and not to sound like a total doofus here, but I didn't notice the similarities in the Spawning/Havoc houses. I mean, I knew they were in the same tent but I hdn't noticed too much D: In my defense though.....I only went through each of them once xD

And now that I think about it, I was a little distracted in Spawning. That was the house my younger sister's best friend peed her pants in.....no, I'm not joking. It was disguisting and hilarious xD

Justamn, thats a crying shame D: I'm sorry you'll be missing it!!!

and not to sound like a total doofus here, but I didn't notice the similarities in the Spawning/Havoc houses. I mean, I knew they were in the same tent but I hdn't noticed too much D: In my defense though.....I only went through each of them once xD

And now that I think about it, I was a little distracted in Spawning. That was the house my younger sister's best friend peed her pants in.....no, I'm not joking. It was disguisting and hilarious xD

i think thats Scareactor WIN