HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

The answers shall come in time, children. The game has not yet begun.

Worry not about my identity. Gaze not into that abyss, as the abyss monitors the web.

I think this is his way of saying we should no be thinking about who emericbelasco is yet trying to solve his mad riddles

Worry not about my identity. Gaze not into that abyss, as the abyss monitors the web.

I do not worry about my friend's identity.

But I find his latest statement so intriguing. Who kept telling us they "monitor the web"? That's right it was LT! Is dear Emeric telling us that the Legendary Truth organization is The Abyss????

Also I must point out that he is here paraphrasing Friedrich Nietzsche's famous quote from his book Beyond Good and Evil:

He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.

A good warning for anyone who investigates paranormal phenomena or sets themselves up as adversaries of Urban Legends or Sumerian Demons.

Dude has a picture of the gatdam Grim Reaper as his avatar, if that's not a clue I dunno what is :V

fake edit: Also, check it out, Maine!

Edited by Circ

Dude has a picture of the gatdam Grim Reaper as his avatar, if that's not a clue I dunno what is :V

fake edit: Also, check it out, Maine!

I'm sorry but Emeric has used that avatar for years here and elsewhere and it is taken from the cover art for an edition of Hell House by Richard Matheson from whence he derived the Emeric Belasco name and persona.

hell+house.jpg

Likewise his home state of Maine, also taken from the novel.

I'm sorry but Emeric has used that avatar for years here and elsewhere and it is taken from the cover art for an edition of Hell House by Richard Matheson from whence he derived the Emeric Belasco name and persona.

hell+house.jpg

Likewise his home state of Maine, also taken from the novel.

Oh.

Nevermind. :v

Whoa, looks like I missed a real quote from the guy! Are the questions about his identity getting him a little riled up? Is this something we should pursue, or let it go?

I would interpret his quote that "the game has not yet begun" to mean that he hasn't started giving out clues yet. It sounds WAY too obvious to be a SAW reference, and with the SAW franchise ending, it doesn't seem like a great HHN fit anymore.

Daniel

I love riddles and rumor-mongering as much as the next guy, but honestly, why does it matter who the guy (or gal) is? He/she has already established their trustworthiness, so why not just drop the whole thing? Besides, if you end up figuring out Belasco's identity, you might just cost them their job . . . and any future clues he/she might be willing to drop.

Since Emeric referenced this and there seems to be a lot of interest in who he exactly is, I think this should be said.

Universal has people who do nothing but peruse Fan-Sites looking for information leaks. Lance Hart (founder of Screamscape) has gotten contacted numerous times by legal because he knew information that he shouldn't. They look for information on new attractions (Projects Fish and Strongarm caused a lot of issues) and especially for HHN because it is constantly in development. We don't look at who is leaking because it will lead to a firing if it's discovered.

So, with that in mind, let's decipher.

"The answers shall come in time, children." - It's still early. If he has given any clues, they aren't about houses or specifics (which he generally does). It is possible that he just likes macabre writings and uses them as quotes. We don't really have any rumors to truly speculate on, so we, including Emeric, don't have a lot to work with.

"The game has not yet begun." - Let's wait till May or June. This also is a reference to Legendary Truth, which is a game.

"Worry not about my identity." - Fuhget about eht!

"Gaze not into that abyss, as the abyss monitors the web." - Let's look at this backwards. Universal monitors the web. While we know "LT Monitors the web," the game hasn't started and they are actually Universal. So, Universal = The abyss. That literally makes this line, "Don't look too closely into Universal, because they know what you are doing."

In short:

Drop it.

Edited by Legacy

One of Balasco's tweets earlier this month was: The thoughts written on the walls of madhouses by their inmates might be worth publicizing.

Does anyone remember anything written on the walls in Psychoscerapy?

"Nurse ___fill in name here______ must die"

Can't believe I forgot the name. I'll look it up.

EDIT: "Nurse Wallace Must Die" was written on the wall with blood

Edited by killswitch22

Cleaned up the thread since it's no longer the first of April with Dr. Jimmy's elaborate joke. Carry on with speculation! :)

i think that a house based on the masque of the red death sounds like a good idea how jimmy described it.

There may indeed be a few things mentioned in my prank videos that actually do warrant legitimate speculation. As I said before, the most effective fiction is based on elements of truth.

i think that a house based on the masque of the red death sounds like a good idea how jimmy described it.

I'm just amazed about how creative you are Jimmy. It must have taken a lot of imagination to think up all of those elaborate things. :lol:

Agree with both, Before my post was deleted I wrote that, some of Dr. Jimmy's Ideas were pretty amazing, the 3 Fears, Catacombs, Rob Zombie and hellraiser house sounded amazing

as well as the cthulhu monster using Kong, that idea amazed more than anything, so yeah, Extremely creative, extremely awesome