HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

The layouts are very, very similar. If not almost identical. The past three houses there have all had the room with the "pipes" in it. That's just one room that just pops into my mind when I think of it though. It just overall felt like I had been in that place before, without even having gone through it yet. It kind of took away from the immersiveness of the house. Now, the other tent on the other hand has felt new to me every year. I think my favorite house in there was the Hallow.. I went through that one practically by myself and at some points I felt lost.

a late thanks lol i thought field of screams was out of the park but i wasnt sure and hhn should release a random picture and make everyone go crazy lol

Not this early, but pictures HAVE been leaked by a particular source before. Can't say who, obviously, but it caused quite the stir not very long ago and many accusations on the Vault of people sneaking into soundstages.

Another thing that I think will change this year is the layout in the tent where Havoc and the Spawning were. I felt like I was walking through the almost the same exact layout as the spawning when I went through Havoc!

yeah they feel the same,

Actually, the only reason Havoc won is because of the amazing actors, they were really amazing. but the story, the costumes and the sets were kinda forgettable, I mean I loved the house because of the actors, if it wasn't for them i would have never visit that house more than once

The actors in that house WERE amazing. And come on, the dedication was amazing. I dont think I can name half a dozen women who would shave their heads. Those were some hard core HHN-fans and they definitely made the house what it was :]

The actors in that house WERE amazing. And come on, the dedication was amazing. I dont think I can name half a dozen women who would shave their heads. Those were some hard core HHN-fans and they definitely made the house what it was :]

yeah I know, but, if it wasn't for them, that house could have sucked, even before the event started, people already had the assumption the house was going to suck, the actors totally rocked our worlds, but, I hope for next year they change the layout and the sets and do something original,

I'm surprised nobody commented on this yet: http://www.scare-zone.com/wordpress/tag/jaws-ride

I wouldn't be surprised if HHNO did a 3D maze after the success of House of 1000 Corpses at Hollywood's event last year. Also, in case you were wondering, it was an awesome maze. :)

They've done that to Jaws before... "Blood Water" or something similar.

And they probably won't be copying over a house based on a dated IP when they intentionally are trying to talk up their original content.

They've done that to Jaws before... "Blood Water" or something similar.

And they probably won't be copying over a house based on a dated IP when they intentionally are trying to talk up their original content.

Ugh! I can't believe I missed the jaws part! I only saw the 3D maze part and then moved on. Always helps to read the whole article. lol

There was some rumor that not only would there be fog and things like that, but also a live actor in the water! :blink: At least that's what the Jaws FB page read. That would be pretty cool though. You couldn't pay me anything to do that! I'm terrified of broad, dark waters...especially when I know there's a robotic shark in there. :P The Jaws ride is already fantastic at night and I would love to see some "spiffing up" to the experience at night...though I won't get to see it this year. :( BTW, what was blood water like? Just fog and that was it?

Also, I never said that they would copy HoTC from our event, but I said that they'll (Orlando) will want to do a 3D maze based on the success of that, if that's what you meant. I have no idea what IP means.

IP means Intellectual Property.

In the early years of HHN most specifically in 1992 attractions got jazzed up a bit for HHN, with Darkman haunting Kongfrontation and "Mad Scientists" scaring guests in the Back to the Future queues.

The last time this was done was in 2000 with the Earthquake ride being incorporated into the haunted house Dark Torment and Blood Waters in the Jaws Ride. That consisted of having scareactors playing the Fisherman from I Know What You Did Last Summer haunting the boathouse and Jack also made a cameo appearance in there.

I really enjoyed having the attractions jazzed up for HHN, and think this would be a nifty idea. It may just be a rumor with no basis in fact, or they may just have fog over the water with spooky lighting effects to make the ride look more "Halloweeny". But they could do a lot more to give the ride an additional kick during the event.

They could as has been suggested have dummies of bloody corpses floating in the water, or lying around in the boathouse. They could dress the whole area up with blood and gore. They could have actual scareactors in the boathouse again. They could even have horror themed skippers! Imagine if your boat was being piloted by a Zombie! Zombie vs. Shark... just like in a certain Italian movie.

I rather doubt that there would ever be live scareactors in the water, however.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Ugh! I can't believe I missed the jaws part! I only saw the 3D maze part and then moved on. Always helps to read the whole article. lol

There was some rumor that not only would there be fog and things like that, but also a live actor in the water! :blink: At least that's what the Jaws FB page read. That would be pretty cool though. You couldn't pay me anything to do that! I'm terrified of broad, dark waters...especially when I know there's a robotic shark in there. :P The Jaws ride is already fantastic at night and I would love to see some "spiffing up" to the experience at night...though I won't get to see it this year. :( BTW, what was blood water like? Just fog and that was it?

Also, I never said that they would copy HoTC from our event, but I said that they'll (Orlando) will want to do a 3D maze based on the success of that, if that's what you meant. I have no idea what IP means.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to dark water. (rimshot)

I wouldn't get in three feet of water with a realistic rubber shark...

The only time I remember them "scareing up" the rides was back in I think the first four years. It must have been '93 (because Jaws wasn't open yet before that) that they had some dude fishing on the doc and he pulled out a head... but that was really it. They also had aliens in E.T. Forest, Darkman in the Kong Line and a guy who stabbed the Earthquake attendent at the end of the ride. Just silly suff like that.

Also anyone else remember when they were called "super Scare zones"?

oh, that would be interesting,

I always thought the Jaws ride could have some small halloween things added to them, like, pumpkins placed in the houses or the ports, like if the people that lived there decorated for halloween or something, the fog sounds cool, I mean, there is a lot that could be done to Jaws, small details,

I don't think they could gore up any of the rides, just because of the people who ride the ride during the day. Unless they'd go and pick up all the floating bodies, and clean off all the blood every day, I can't see that happening. But I'd LOVE for them to put scareacters in ride queues. The Mummy and ET would be great places to do it.

I don't think they could gore up any of the rides, just because of the people who ride the ride during the day. Unless they'd go and pick up all the floating bodies, and clean off all the blood every day, I can't see that happening. But I'd LOVE for them to put scareacters in ride queues. The Mummy and ET would be great places to do it.

My favorite was the aliens in the E.T. queue... they were kind of a retro 50's style alien... Kind like the mole people. The queue really made for some easy scares. Darkman in the Kong queue was kinda eh.

Edited by JWFearman

My favorite was the aliens in the E.T. queue... they were kind of a retro 50's style alien... Kind like the mole people. The queue really made for some easy scares. Darkman in the Kong queue was kinda eh.

It would be nice to have the E.T ride open during HHN and do something like that. The only thing is, if they have some actors in the Jaws ride, they may have to opt for either one or the other. The thing that REALLY bothered me last year was that there was SO much dead space. They could've done what Hollywood has done and put hidden "bush people" (Please get out of your head actors dressed as George Bush running out of the bushes with shaker cans) to scare guests. I don't see why they don't have E.T. open during HHN. They could at least hire three or four actors in the queue, put some fog in there and possibly dim the lights, put in a couple of strobes, and you have got a kick-butt queue experience! If they advertise the ride properly in the park, they could draw guests over there and increase park capacity. I think it would be a nice touch. Then again, if I had to choose, I'd rather have an extra scarezone.

oh, that would be interesting,

I always thought the Jaws ride could have some small halloween things added to them, like, pumpkins placed in the houses or the ports, like if the people that lived there decorated for halloween or something, the fog sounds cool, I mean, there is a lot that could be done to Jaws, small details,

I think some jack o' lanterns and pumpkins through out the villiage in Jaws would be great. The ride wouldn't be gore-ified, but just in the Halloween spirit... :)

It would be nice to have the E.T ride open during HHN and do something like that. The only thing is, if they have some actors in the Jaws ride, they may have to opt for either one or the other. The thing that REALLY bothered me last year was that there SO much dead space. They could've done what Hollywood has done and put hidden "bush people" (Please get out of your head actors dressed as George Bush running out of the bushes with shaker cans) to scare guests. I don't see why they don't have E.T. open during HHN. They could at least hire three or four actors in the queue, put some fog in there and possibly dim the lights, put in a couple of strobes, and you have got a kick-butt queue experience! If they advertise the ride properly in the park, they could draw guests over there and increase park capacity. I think it would be a nice touch. Then again, if I had to choose, I'd rather have an extra scarezone.

I have always wanted ET to be open, when the houses are full with 2 hour waits, there's the mummy, MIB, Jaws, but, after a while I just get tired of going to the same rides over and over, having ET open would not only be really great but it would take crowds, Even if they didn't put any aliens or any actors or anything, I kinda wish they opened ET

I think some jack o' lanterns and pumpkins through out the villiage in Jaws would be great. The ride wouldn't be gore-ified, but just in the Halloween spirit... :)

yeah that's what I meant, I think Jaws would be perfect for that, to have a halloween spirit feel to it, and, they wouldn't have to use much either, just decorate the village with pumpkins and other halloween decorations

I went on "Bloody Waters" or whatever they called it in 2000. It was pretty lame. I'd rather have those scareactors utilized somewhere else in the park. The walk through of Kongfrontation was kind of cool though. They had Kong going along with a ton of scareactors as you walked through. I remember them popping out of trash cans and everything.

They could change the lights and make the music icons in rip ride rock it or sotin along those lines it be hard but cool

YES! lol but what i meant to say is that they could like tell a story through the line and then in the ride have the some hhm icons talking or sotin along those lines it needs a lot of work lol

I really really hope they do have spooky rides this year. I've heard about them in the past and I've been dying to see them since. Do u know how bad I would have freaked if I saw Jack the Clown on the Jaws ride?????

Back at HHN 2000 they changed the Jaws ride into Bloody Waters and I remember Jack popping out at you while you were inside the boat house. Still pretty cool in my book...:)

Back at HHN 2000 they changed the Jaws ride into Bloody Waters and I remember Jack popping out at you while you were inside the boat house. Still pretty cool in my book...:)

I thought it was cheesy. He didn't really "pop" out at you. They came out everywhere playing "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. It definitely wasn't scary at all.

Hey everyone! I've been "stalking" the boards for the past few months but felt the need to contribute to this discussion.

I would LOVE to see some actors, or halloween theming inside of The Mummy queue. That queue is just too cool/spooky to not have something inside of it that represents HHN.