HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

My biggest issues with fear were, like everyone else, the back stroy and the prescence. I mean, I went the first week of HHN and didn't even see Fear. I hung around the XX with Cindy, Jack, Usher, etc, but never once saw him. I watched some Youtube videos of that area and the live feed on closing night and was amazed to see him there, If I didn't know that was supposed to be him, I would have figured he was just another guy on stilts. What I wish they would bring back is the Opening Ceremonies style stage show that they had at Carnival of Carnage. They could have done anything to introduce him and his back story.. well maybe next year?

Yes, that's a good idea. Opening Scaremonies. Why did they decide to do away with them? I, unfortunately, was never fortunate to witness one in person, but I have watched plenty of youtube videos.

(Yes.......Im one of those people who sit at the computer, watching videos of HHN of the past....the closer we get to the actual event, the more time I spend doing this......dont judge lol)

Do we know why Universal hasn't been doing them for the past couple events? Those would make introducing icons to the public a hell of alot simpler than ...say....parading the icon around on stilts or something silly like that....o:)

"(Yes.......Im one of those people who sit at the computer, watching videos of HHN of the past....the closer we get to the actual event, the more time I spend doing this......dont judge lol) "

LOL... Im the same way... in fact my wife just looked at a flight/hotel package for the first week of HHN and the total for 5 days was $666... i told her it was meant to be and we booked..... hahahaha! creeeeepy!

Hah!! It's good to know I'm not alone!!! :)

I start planning for HHN in January--the event corresponds with my birthday (HHN and I are the same age lol) so I go into details with planning :P Most of my friends think I'm crazy....but I like to think of myself as passionate :D

Yeah, you are not alone. I still watch 2006 highlights of Bill and Ted and watch and hope that there are new HHN2010 videos posted even all these months later. I went from a 4 week vacation job to a 2 week one and I still make sure to have a week off in October to go. Leaves little for the summer, but its worth it!

As for this year, I prefered the speculation about Fear not appearing and maybe just focusing on one of the mythos described like Death. However, I still have no idea what to expect this year. Isn't it around July the site starts updating?

In all honesty, I think a Jekyll Hyde icon would be FANTASTIC. with a revamp like what was done to frank/drac/wolfman and even Mary. More steampunk but EXTREMELY dark and malevolent. Creepy, like almost too nice, then insane mood swing into a terrorizing creature. That would rock my world. Split personality disorder on an icon would be a cool effect, especially if that was represented in a house.

Great, you've gone and gotten me very excited.....

or even yet....a year ALL based on different literary evils....all run by an icon-an evil writer perhaps? Or would that be too clique? Oooh or an evil librarian!! LOL (I just pictured a fat version of the storyteller with her big finger pressed to her lips, telling you the library is no place for noise as you scream in agony..........LMAO.....ick....I'm not sure if that's funny or kinda creepy )

An Evil writer to me sounds like a Great Idea! I would love that, We had a Story teller and a Director, a Doctor, but nothing close to a writer really, I mean, it would be a little similar to the story teller but, so was the Usher, he still was amazing, it could be that he is writing a horror story and we go inside, so the event could be around what he writes? i dont know... I think is a good idea, there's a lot they could do with that, the writer writer writes horror stories or something,

What I wish they would bring back is the Opening Ceremonies style stage show that they had at Carnival of Carnage. They could have done anything to introduce him and his back story.. well maybe next year?

Yes, that's a good idea. Opening Scaremonies. Why did they decide to do away with them? I, unfortunately, was never fortunate to witness one in person, but I have watched plenty of youtube videos.

(Yes.......Im one of those people who sit at the computer, watching videos of HHN of the past....the closer we get to the actual event, the more time I spend doing this......dont judge lol)

Do we know why Universal hasn't been doing them for the past couple events? Those would make introducing icons to the public a hell of alot simpler than ...say....parading the icon around on stilts or something silly like that....o:)

I saw opening ceremonies two years 06,07 and I kinda hated them, I said this before but, to me is like a waste of space and money, they were cool, but, for someone that would go more than once, is not that great, there would be like, i dont know, 4 ceremonies per day? I have No Idea, so, I don't know but, there would be a performance of the icons, a crowd would gather, then the performance was over and that space was not used for like half an hour,

I love shows, Bill and ted is fun and I am a HUGE fan of Rocky Horror at HHN, I love, love the Rocky horror show, but, with the icons I rather have a scarezone, because if they did a Fear opening ceremony that would mean there would be no scarezone, and no chance to take pics of the icons scaring people, and like i said, the show only played a few times and the rest of the time there would be nothing going on, so, I am rather glad they don't do opening shows anymore,

What happen in 07, in 07 we got a show, and like 2 scarezones, they added an extra scarezone almost at the end of the month, that is my favorite year, 07, and the show had Chance!! :):) but I still think a scarezone with Jack and Chance would have been better,

Edited by black7mask

An Evil writer to me sounds like a Great Idea! I would love that, We had a Story teller and a Director, a Doctor, but nothing close to a writer really, I mean, it would be a little similar to the story teller but, so was the Usher, he still was amazing, it could be that he is writing a horror story and we go inside, so the event could be around what he writes? i dont know... I think is a good idea, there's a lot they could do with that, the writer writer writes horror stories or something,

I agree :)

How about a writer that literally writes evil into existence... And as a sequel the next year his worst creation could be the icon.

Right?! I can picture it really well; like, we as park guests are submersed into his/her world. All the houses could be based on "stories" the writer has written; the website could have exerts and such from novels so we know what we're getting in to :P

And JW, I LOVE the idea of having a creation take over at the end of the event. OOooooooh wouldn't THAT make for an interesting closing night? There could be a special show of sorts planned that night and everything. :P

Right?! I can picture it really well; like, we as park guests are submersed into his/her world. All the houses could be based on "stories" the writer has written; the website could have exerts and such from novels so we know what we're getting in to :P

And JW, I LOVE the idea of having a creation take over at the end of the event. OOooooooh wouldn't THAT make for an interesting closing night? There could be a special show of sorts planned that night and everything. :P

Agreed. I miss the closure of a closing show. Did anything actually happen on the last night last year? I wasn't there but I haven't heard of any kind of closure... for all I know Fear had to pick up a PT job as a root and hand model. I would have liked to have heard that he finally sacrificed the ICONS and disappeared into a firey burst from the latern or something along those lines.

Agreed. I miss the closure of a closing show. Did anything actually happen on the last night last year? I wasn't there but I haven't heard of any kind of closure... for all I know Fear had to pick up a PT job as a root and hand model. I would have liked to have heard that he finally sacrificed the ICONS and disappeared into a firey burst from the latern or something along those lines.

Actually, FEAR is currently modeling for Aberzombie & Witch.

Instead of a writer how about an artist who paints or draws awful things into existence?

@ Jimmy LOL

That is an awesome idea too. A lot of movies and books have touched on the idea of art coming to life but I can't recall a movie that was specifically about a painter who paints things into life.

There was ink heart where they wrote things to life (and an awesome book series by Ted Dekker that does the same)

There was an Amazing Stories episode where a man loses his wife and is able to paint her back into existence.

Edited by JWFearman

lol there's so much they can do along the lines of some sort of evil artist (just....no evil muscians please xD)

Artists, Writers...those sort of things :P

Hell, there could even be an evil comic book artist!! (cue dramatic music lol)

As for a closing ceremony last year, I dont think they had one. Or at least I haven't heard of one. There should have been though. I mean....wouldnt it have been interesting to watch the icons dissapear into a fiery oblivion of the lantern or something along those lines.

ok so can I just say Cindy was just delightful in that video??? lol

And I think Mary Shaw and the cheerleader jumping up and down like a couple of over excited school girls could quite possibly be the highlight of my day xD

And yeah....Fear still just kinda stood there :/ I would have definitely done something bigger..even though that looked like a hell of a time!!

Apparently Emeric also has a youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/emericbelascoHHN

Don't know if this is the same guy or not. Begs the question: If this guy really is a HHN insider what is he doin with all the guests??? Did he maybe have someone else go out and videotape for him???? And then there's the possibility that this is not the same Emeric. What do you guys think??? and BTW, love all the speculation on here (I'm partial to the idea about Death, Darkness, or a Jekyll/Hyde-esque character as the Icon).

I think that since the last couple years have been really big with HHN, they might do a year like 2004 with no icon and just have an overall theme. Does anyone else think they might do that?

If they cant properly embodie death then yes i think that would seem better

Good question. IMHO without some type of antagonist it makes it harder to grasp the theme of the year. Sure you have the years with just a key piece of art and this we have seen can work. But it doesn't have the cohesive component to point everything back to. How would you market the abstract idea of death without something iconic to point to?

However, if death were to be an icon though I DO NOT want to see the Grim Reaper. It's been so overused it has become cliché. I think the harbinger of death can take many forms... and doesn't even need to be THE "death"... just a form of death. (for example my I spoke of before). It could be a group of people (i.e. the cult of Fear) or a singular ICON that embodies the essence of Death (much like The Caretaker last year). But I feel you need something to point to and say: "That is who is bringing the death" or "that is the embodiment of Death".

Edited by JWFearman