Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate

Mark M.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tonight was far and away my best experience of this house thus far. I was there right around 9:30, and they were letting in just a few people at a time, spaced VERY far apart. I was lucky enough to be in the front of the group. What fun - I got some terrific interaction from the Spirit Seeker outside (I like you, too!). This was the second time I didn't see the floor ghost - I hope he didn't cross over! The statues as always were spot on. And I FINALLY got to see the chair in action. So much fun tonight, and I got great attention from all the actors. Thanks for making a great night even better!

Loved this house-gorgeous sets, great effects, good scares. Went through twice, and I think we may have either had bad timing, or hit cast change, as we did not see nearly as many scares or scareactors around. That being said, that chair costume is the most badass costume I've ever seen-pure genius.

Also, by far the most beautiful facade Universal has ever built-I want a house like it, and it should stay there forever, it's that lovely.

Awsome im glad you like it

Finally got through it last night. House is alright, though it suffers from the need to be timed precisely in order to get the full effect of the house. Props to the statues, who were doing a great job, and the chair is one of the most amazing scares I have ever seen. Period. Nice to see the surprise character, too, though she is bit random. Went through it, enjoyed it, but it's not a house I'm itching to revisit. Ghost Town had better looking ghosts.

Thank you i appreciate it. Being well ....a chair... You are definatly right about the timeing needing to be exact.

Okay, so I finally went through this house tonight and honestly, I'm sorry but it sucked. The facade is amazing, and the sets were okay, but the effects in the house seemed to me like a wannabe Disney's Haunted Mansion, but with worse effects. The masks weren't creepy or scary and really took down any fear factor that may have been there. The floor effect was empty so I don't have an opinion on how good or bad it works. The ghost maid was barely noticeable, and when noticed, it didn't look good. The hallway sets were okay, but seriously, it would be kind of hard to make a hallway with cables look bad. The costumes just looked goofy as well; There are plenty of ways to make scareactors look ghostly and what they were going for here failed. I didn't quite understand why in the living room there were white faces hidden behind the black curtains; no lights flashed, they didn't glow, they were just there. The conservatory scene, while it was ok, was too predictable for my taste, but the scareactors worked their roles well. I didn't think the exorcism room looked that great at all; it looked like a random neon painted black clothed scareactor sitting on a square blue light. I guess I enjoyed the dresser levitating, but that's it. I will say I loved the chair guy; Kudos to the costume team and the scareactor for making it work as well as it did. I barely remember the finale if there even was one. This house suffered from a good concept to a poor delivery.

By far the worst house of the event for me.

1.5/5

Thanks for the Luv

This one's my favorite house this year... out of all the houses, this one gave me the most scares, and the sets were beautiful as well. I'll admit that the masks looked a little odd, and kind of clashed with the costumes they wore (I call it the Spawning effect), but ghosts aren't really a simple thing to pull off with live actors. It could have been worse, with the ghosts looking indistinguishable from living people a la Psychoscareapy. The only real problem is that the masks glow too much, and only cover the actor's faces, not their full head.

I personally found the scareactors to be just as in-your-face as any of the other houses, though I have been through both casts, and I have to admit that I found one to be better than the other (not sure which is which). I felt that the finale was a bit weak.... kinda reminded me of Interstellar Terror. Overall though, the house is fantastic. Scare Factory's chair costume is cool to finally see in person.

Definatly not a comfy chair costume...it may look cool but its heavy and hurts to wear.. i wouldnt recommend it for regular use. That being said it is an amazing costume design. I am the chair in cast A. Please feel free to come visit.

Out of curiosity, is it designed so someone can actually sit on you, or is that just hype from the video? I know that nobody would ever sit on you in the house, though a friend of mine said that a friend of his (Yeah yeah) sat on the bed in Legendary Truth because his legs got tired...y'know...THE bed. He all of a sudden had the urge to walk again XD.

Having been through this house 6 or 7 times, it is by far my favorite, but I haven't seen the chair effect once. What room is it in? The living room scene makes the most sense, I want to make sure to check it out next time I walk through.

It is in the middle of the house in the room with all of the computer equipment and there is a left hand turn in the room. TheChair can give more definite placement of the room in the house.

GREAT house. I hit this house at the most perfect time my first walk through. I got almost every scare. The effects were awesome, especially the floor and wall ones. The char scared my shitless. Wasn't expecting that one. Overall great house, and in my opinion has the best atmosphere.

Question. I went through this house, loved it a whole fucking lot! That scrim ghost was really neat!

Though... I don't get it. Could someone please put whoever this myster character is in spoiler tags, maybe, instead of being all freaking vague and stuff? Maybe where I can find her too?

Question. I went through this house, loved it a whole fucking lot! That scrim ghost was really neat!

Though... I don't get it. Could someone please put whoever this myster character is in spoiler tags, maybe, instead of being all freaking vague and stuff? Maybe where I can find her too?

The Storyteller shows up in this house similar to how the HHN14 mascot shows up in Psychoscareapy. I don't remember where exactly, but I remember seeing her. I think somewhere after the room with the Chair

Hmm. This house is rather iffy for me. I've been through it about 8 times, 4 opening and 4 this past weekend. It appears I got the same cast all 4 times this past weekend. The actor that everyone says interacts with you at front wasn't really there for me. I won't name them but basically the whole time they'd ask if you were excited from what I saw. The bed scene was amazing to me opening weekend but now it's terrible, I don't know if it was a different cast but when I saw it opening weekend they'd take the sheets and move it like crazy to appear like a mad ghost. When I went through this past weekend it was either the ghost standing there under the sheets or them just slowly moving it to make a wave effect, which either way looked pretty bad. Furthermore, I noticed my last trip through here the cast seemed rather tired and bored. It was two hours until closing and in one of the rooms I saw an actor sitting there cracking there neck. I mean if your going to go out of the room and crack your neck is one thing, but sit there and crack your neck in front of guests like your tired and bored is pretty bad. That being said, there were a few actors in here that were trying hard and you could tell... Chair, last actor in finale room, and I don't know where you are but there was one male actor in the house that was behind just a piece of cloth and came out every time I came through the house, press sound pedal with your hand (it was on the wall) and go back in extremely fast over and over. Making the affect that you were an actual ghost and not letting me stare at your costume and ruin the effect. You were on the right side of me and your sound pedal is on the mid left side of the wall from the way your facing. I believe you were near the entrance or exit of a room or hallway.

Edit: After reading this over I sound kind of rude, it's not intended to be rude, just trying to help everyone become even better. I'm sure there's many great scares in this house I could of missed and Im not trying to say this house flat out sucks or that it's full of bad scareactors.

Edited by PWT

Chair, last actor in finale room, and I don't know where you are but there was one male actor in the house that was behind just a piece of cloth and came out every time I came through the house, press sound pedal with your hand (it was on the wall) and go back in extremely fast over and over. Making the affect that you were an actual ghost and not letting me stare at your costume and ruin the effect. You were on the right side of me and your sound pedal is on the mid left side of the wall from the way your facing. I believe you were near the entrance or exit of a room or hallway.

I am behind a piece of cloth in the hallway just before the last scene. I don't know if it was me, but I try really hard to be only out there briefly. I wear a paigeboy cap, white collarless white shirt, suspenders, and brown wool pants. If that was me, then thanks for the acknowledgment, if not then I am glad you appreciate the job someone in my house is doing.

You can PM and I will give you my exact location in the house so I can tell if it was, in fact, me.

I absolutely LOVE this house. Ive been going to HHN since 2007, and this is easily the best Facade I've ever seen them do. As soon as you walk in the soundstage, you feel like your walking into a haunted mansion. I loved all the effects, and managed to catch them all 4 times I went through this house. While I do agree they could've done a better job with the masks, and some of the scareactor hiding spots are very noticible, they do the best with what they got. And wow, I never knew chairs could be so terrifying. Great job guys!!!

GREAT house. I hit this house at the most perfect time my first walk through. I got almost every scare. The effects were awesome, especially the floor and wall ones. The char scared my shitless. Wasn't expecting that one. Overall great house, and in my opinion has the best atmosphere.

:D

I absolutely LOVE this house. Ive been going to HHN since 2007, and this is easily the best Facade I've ever seen them do. As soon as you walk in the soundstage, you feel like your walking into a haunted mansion. I loved all the effects, and managed to catch them all 4 times I went through this house. While I do agree they could've done a better job with the masks, and some of the scareactor hiding spots are very noticible, they do the best with what they got. And wow, I never knew chairs could be so terrifying. Great job guys!!!

:D

This house had an amazing atmosphere. The music and sound effects were creepy, the sets were gorgeous, and it had some amazing special effects (I loved the ghost in the wall, very effective). Some of the costumes were really creative too (the chair scared the crap out of numerous people and the statue got me really good). However, timing was a big issue with the scares here, and if you didn't hit it at the right time, you'd miss almost everything. My luck with the timing was terrible, so I only got a few good scares. Beautiful house though.

We missed getting to see this house on the UTH tour because the Ghost Hunter guys were in it doing some sort of promo or something. (We ended up going into Hallow'd Past instead, which didn't really disappoint me, but I was a little sad I did not get to hear more on this one.) After six visits through it, it is still my favorite house overall. Maybe not the scariest, but I still like it best so it has held on to my number 1 spot. I also finally got to see the person in the floor and the chair used to it's full affect last weekend and it was great.

I can not, for the life of me, remember the finale room of this house, and that would probably be my biggest complaint with this house. It's just anticlimactic. However, when you get the timing down this house is great, more fun than scary, and it has a great atmosphere. In the top 3 for me this year. :)

This house had a great theme, yes i know the masks were bright but they are ghosts. this house had cool effects like the scrim wall and floor ghost. but this house had a great atmosphere too the facade was amazing and so was the interior it also used lightning and thunder well especially in the conservitory.

Edited by TheSpiritSeeker

There's not really any way you can make the masks less bright without damaging part of the ghost effect. Having a switch on them to light them up like the Dark Reflections scarezone in 2008 would just make it more awkward because they now have both a button on their head and an e-prompt to hit at the same time. I think they just need to design the booholes a bit better so they can see who's coming without needing to be exposed.