Catacombs: Black Death Rising

Mark M.

There's no hidden character; At least if there is, it's not known to anyone in the house, cast or ASM/Coordinators.

All we heard was that the house had a hint to next years theme in it. We weren't told what it was or where in the house to find it. :(

omg, interesting, Well, If it means anything this with Hades are the best houses, so, that actually sounds good

WAAAYYY too much fun playing in here with Steph's kitty! Fantastic house, love the atmosphere and all the wonderful plague doctors. We happened to have a complete set of idiots in front of us last night, who asked us "well, what do we do, do we just walk through or what?" or something to that effect. Uh, follow the ropes and walk in, how you can be such a moron? Fortunately, they were the last of a group to be let in, so we managed to avoid them completely once inside the house.

I wonder how people that dumb don't manage to get lost in their own homes.

I see people are picking up on this :P

BTW I still think they should have sold cats n combs t-shirts this year, and.. our fb group is now 130 strong.. if you haven't joined yet.. you should ;)Cats N Combs fb group

Yes, I'm in the group lol. My cat got cat-napped (I like that term) by the doctor after the man in the ceiling/rafters/whatever lol....twice. The first time he wouldn't give him back for a while XD. I was tempted to follow him into his boo-area, but didn't want to get him in any trouble lol. I had a few pecking at me, a few following me around, and one clapping for me :D. Also, almost EVERY scareactor in the scarezones picked up on the cat too, so I'm going to keep bringing him. This idea provided me awesome interaction throughout the event lol.

For anybody who went through last night and went through rooms that had nobody in them, we apologize. There were a couple of times where entire rooms of plague doctors were at the exit, pointing out guests to security. At one point, 8 of us were at the exit.

I saw a plague doctor fixing his mask, his robes were a bit off, and you could see his wrist watch. I was a bit thrown off, and wanted to laugh at him, then realized he probably got attacked by some asshat kid. I was at health services last night and noticed that that's where they rally all of the idiots. I had a chat with the medic there, talking about how they should be trespassed for longer than a year. Sorry you guys gotta deal with 'em, but at least you're getting them out of our park.

2 words: PLAGUE DOCTORS!!!! they were definently my favorite part of this house. Tottally digggin the outfits here, they were friggin rad!!! The house was more creepy than scary, but it is still in the top houses of the night for the setting and cool costumes. I love how near the end the Plague Doctors cough on you and is it just me or are they reaching out for help? This one ranks in at #3 for me

Edited by cwoolboy

Ok, so I have a group of friends coming. I told them all to buy cheap stuffed cats, and combs. "Why?" they asked. "Just do it" was my response. When you see a group being lead by a bespectacled mustachioed young male wearing a vault shirt, combing a black and white cat, followed by a few females (hopefully with cats, they may not be able to buy them before the event XD) you know who to pick on :D.

Ok, so I have a group of friends coming. I told them all to buy cheap stuffed cats, and combs. "Why?" they asked. "Just do it" was my response. When you see a group being lead by a bespectacled mustachioed young male wearing a vault shirt, combing a black and white cat, followed by a few females (hopefully with cats, they may not be able to buy them before the event XD) you know who to pick on :D.

I had great fun last night going through three times with little Bobette (the imitation BOB) and her comb. Amazingly enough, they sell cats and combs at Universal in the Twister shop - so even if you forget to bring them you can purchase them on location.

For anybody who went through last night and went through rooms that had nobody in them, we apologize. There were a couple of times where entire rooms of plague doctors were at the exit, pointing out guests to security. At one point, 8 of us were at the exit.

:o

What happened???

Mae

Mwwa haaa haaa, I love it! Alas, they don't give out stuffed cats at the goblet toss but I've had little doggies and other assorted critters with me every night (mostly little poofy doggies), and all have been fondled and infected with the plague. My frog got stolen and then passed back down to me through the line of guests...that was a riot. We're usually through on Team A but B is great too...you guys better get House of the Year. I would definitely buy a Cats & Combs t-shirt.

LoL this had me laughing so much but, you forgot the post important thing, The Combs!

:lol:

here

3M4Dn.jpg

I went through this house twice last night, cat and comb in tow of course. Once. unfortunately we went through during a cast change so our timing was not so great, but my last visit through was wonderful as always. I have said before that going into this year and this house, I really didn't know what to expect for it, although I was familiar with the plague and plague doctors prior to the event, I just wasn't sure how it would all play out. And it being a tent house, well, you know, I admit to being one of the people who didn't expect all that much. But hands down, over the course of the five nights I went to the event, this house consistently delivered the scares, delivered the most scares, and was just a great house to go through, period. I absolutely loved it and I am going to miss it a great deal.

All these "cat" talk, I might bring a cat one of these days, and meow, lol :)

This Is my favorite House of the Year, I Love Hades, I guess I love both but this house is not only scary and awesome, But at the end of the house I always leave feeling sad, Since is partly based on truth,

Specially the text at the end, that always gets to me, we do have little time, Some people say that the sets are repeating and the costumes and that the facade is plain, But I Love all of it,

I love the sets, The beginning of the house is just awesome, I love the walls and the bodies everywhere, I also Love the moving skulls, I'm glad they put that there, the rest of the house is also really awesome, it really feels like you're going there, This house also has something that almost all other houses are missing and that is stuff on the roof, is not a whole roof, but the wood panels that are there really help for the atmosphere, The skulls everywhere, really awesome, I love the part of the house where there are roots and there is a body hanging, The doctors always get me there,

I also love the sounds in this house,

also This is the only house with a real ending, the ending always gets me, specially the air guns, Everyone in this house does such an amazing job, I love it, This with Hades are the only houses I manage to get scared Every time I go in the house, I also really love the Plague doctors outfits, I really love how they look, this was such an awesome Idea for a character, I Think they were trying something different with them and it totally worked, They always manage to scare the crap out of me, I don't know why but they always look menacing, I think is those tiny round eyes in the masks, it makes them look crazy,

So In conclusion, I really love this house!

Edited by black7mask

Had a blast in Catacombs last night with my cat and comb on both Team A and Team B. It was funny to listen to the comments waiting in line, especially when a person "got it," and the people walking through the house around us thought the reactions were hilarious. The cat got attention in other houses too, especially Havoc. We messed up our timing and went through twice on B while trying to hit both teams, so I got harrassed for bringing the cat in again (remember, they are "dogs"). Catacombs and Havoc are the two houses I am going to miss most from HHN XX.

I'm finally going through Catacombs again tonight for the first time since opening weekend. I can't believe this whole Cats n Combs thing started because of a picture I made of a cat in front of a bunch of combs with the Catacombs logo (I give Stephanie credit for coming up with the name Cats n Combs though).

I have yet to go through this house with a cat and comb of my own, but I will hit this house as much as I can this weekend, at least a few times every night.

Had a blast in Catacombs last night with my cat and comb on both Team A and Team B. It was funny to listen to the comments waiting in line, especially when a person "got it," and the people walking through the house around us thought the reactions were hilarious. The cat got attention in other houses too, especially Havoc. We messed up our timing and went through twice on B while trying to hit both teams, so I got harrassed for bringing the cat in again (remember, they are "dogs"). Catacombs and Havoc are the two houses I am going to miss most from HHN XX.

I would NEVER expose my cat to those dogs of war! Rather for that house I recommend something like this:

FigBeaglePupArmyHelmetR154.jpg

This house gets better every time I go through it. The scares were everywhere! There's a three doctor scene that just threw me for a loop. (It sounds vaguely naughty when put that way...) I know that several of our forum members are in this house and this message is for you: from the bottom of my heart, YOU SCARED THE SH*T OUT OF ME! Even better, though, is that you scared my husband. Excellent work!

Visit was 10/27 at 645-650 and 955-1000. :wub:

Mae

This house gets better every time I go through it. The scares were everywhere! There's a three doctor scene that just threw me for a loop. (It sounds vaguely naughty when put that way...) I know that several of our forum members are in this house and this message is for you: from the bottom of my heart, YOU SCARED THE SH*T OUT OF ME! Even better, though, is that you scared my husband. Excellent work!

Visit was 10/27 at 645-650 and 955-1000. :wub:

Mae

B-Cast. :lol:

And are you talking about the room with the body on the table or the one before it?