HHN XX Construction Updates

Does anyone know when Street Construction begins? In seems like the past two years, when I showed up for rehearsals(both years I was in street), a majority of the construction had been completed. Anybody think maybe early September?

Usually I see construction starting right after rock the universe. And a little during rock the universe.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Street construction will be starting just after the full website update (late August-early September) at a very small scale. After complaints from Rock The Universe patrons about what they had to see (quite a few holy rollers were offended at what they perceived as "Satanic"), only the minimum of construction is done, like lighting rigs and more unassuming fog projectors (mostly the ones that just look like boxes). They literally start putting up HHN props as they take down RTU decorations; my mom has actually seen them going up when leaving the park very late on the last night of RTU, back when she worked for them (she was one of the people who did surveys at the entrance/exit).

street construction usually begins in late august when the website fully updates ,keep your trousers on were almost there :rolleyes:

I didn't actually think people wore trousers anymore. :unsure: But I will pull my pants back up anyway. :(

Street construction will be starting just after the full website update (late August-early September) at a very small scale. After complaints from Rock The Universe patrons about what they had to see (quite a few holy rollers were offended at what they perceived as "Satanic"), only the minimum of construction is done, like lighting rigs and more unassuming fog projectors (mostly the ones that just look like boxes). They literally start putting up HHN props as they take down RTU decorations; my mom has actually seen them going up when leaving the park very late on the last night of RTU, back when she worked for them (she was one of the people who did surveys at the entrance/exit).

Thanks Cody, that's what I was looking for. :D

If anyone was wondering, because I'm sure it's going to come up. Street construction doesn't get heavily underway until after Rock the Universe. So September 13th is when this thread should start getting more lively.

Does anyone know when Street Construction begins? In seems like the past two years, when I showed up for rehearsals(both years I was in street), a majority of the construction had been completed. Anybody think maybe early September?

1 page back. The search button is your friend.

Headin to the parks on Sunday with my nice camera to get some "recon"

Don't worry, it will be from public areas only. Hopefully there will be a little bit of street action to report on (I know the streets dont really start rockin until after RTU).

We'll see what I can grab

everyone has there own oponions and feelings if we dont want to wait and we want to see now then oh well. i dont think anyone needs your opinion on what is and isnt fun everyone is different just cause you like the wait dosnt mean everyone else dos and also this is getting old now there will be numerous pages of debate about tresspassing and cyber police universal police whatever hopefully mz will clean all this up and get back to construction we dont need fifty hhn lovers crying over something one person did and how his choice was bad and he could get into so much trouble boo hoo you didnt do it mind your own if he gets in trouble then so be it there are a few on here you see post that dont get involved in this he said she said bs maybe one day all the cyber bullys and hounds on here about hhn will grow up and be mature like a few of them that are on here until then get ready for page after page of repetative bs.

Punctuation-it's a good thing.

You'll probably start seeing fog boxes and some things that aren't too much "Halloweeny" looking going up now, and as soon as RTU is over, and I mean like, as soon as those folks exit the parks, full-on construction in the streets starts. RTU is the weekend after Labor Day, and this is the biggest reason why streets rehearse last. I, for one, find this the most exciting part of the event getting ready to start.

Remember the big lighting thingy that was over Asylum in Wonderland? It was being installed in Hollywood streets today. Nothing else in the streets at all, from what I could tell, except a small platform where the concession stand in Horrorwood was last year, but it may be for RTU, as it is directly opposite the stage.

Remember the big lighting thingy that was over Asylum in Wonderland? It was being installed in Hollywood streets today. Nothing else in the streets at all, from what I could tell, except a small platform where the concession stand in Horrorwood was last year, but it may be for RTU, as it is directly opposite the stage.

The platform is, most likely, a Spot-Op tower for the Event Lighting.

I know we have speculated that Hollywood Blvd. was going to be the twenty years of fear scarezone, but any chance its the Esqueleto Muerte? Possibly for a shit ton of black lights?

No. Esqueleto Muerte will be in Production Central and 20 Years of Fear is in Hollywood,

Edited by BruinsFan

What if they used that structure to make the lantern or something similar to it?

After all the description of the 20 Year's Of Fear Scarezone says "Step into the shadows of the last 20 years of fear... Move towards the lantern, and encounter the most frightening characters of Halloween Horror Nights past!"

Edited by Luke125

The lighting rig is indeed being used at HHN

What if they used that structure to make the lantern or something similar to it?

After all the description of the 20 Year's Of Fear Scarezone says "Step into the shadows of the last 20 years of fear... Move towards the lantern, and encounter the most frightening characters of Halloween Horror Nights past!"

The lantern is going elsewhere. After all, in order to enter fear's realm you need a entrance ;-)

Because I am the sort of person who does not pretend I was always right, I must now post a disclaimer. When I first glanced at the photo Mark posted I thought the lighting rigs were set up on the Avenue of the Stars and immediately assumed they could be for the black lights to be used in Esqueleto Muerte. Thus my references to Dead Man's Party.

Of course looking more closely I see that is actually Hollywood Blvd. Actually this would most likely be for RTU, although it is not impossible that after that event has concluded they might not be used for the 20 Years of Fear scarezone there.