HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

As he said. An umbrella is crucial, it always rains. Some people brings chairs, there will be nothing comfortable to sit on.

At reunion auditions. They passed out numbers around 3 and let us roam till 430 when they started things up.

Ok thanks TJ aslo, but I plan to get there at 2, and im bringing a book to keep me occupado, and i will note the umbrella, i wont look like an idiot will i? getting there at 2?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks TJ aslo, but I plan to get there at 2, and im bringing a book to keep me occupado, and i will note the umbrella, i wont look like an idiot will i? getting there at 2?

Not at all. I showed up at 12 and wasn't the first person. The people who show up that early are there for the same reason. Don't be shy and make friends, you'll have a lot to talk about. You'll meet people from here, I believe CD and Dreamstalker will be there before you.

So I really wanted to audition this year...

But it just isn't going to line up.

My job is forcing everyone to change their schedules and while I will probably have a 6-3 time slot. I could leave as late as 8:00.

I wont know this till 7-26.

On top of that my job doesn't like to work with time off just to go audition. I was going to probably have to call in sick.

Finally, if I even so much as told them that I was going for another job (even though it is a seasonal thing that would not affect them) I would pretty much not have a job...

So all I can do is hope that my situation changes next year <_<

But break a leg for anyone who is going tomorrow.

Edited by JWFearman

Do they drug test the potential "Scareactors" ?

My cousin legally, and medicinally uses Marijuana, and wants to audition tomorrow.

She needs to know if he needs to get the documents and paperwork which will exempt her from that portion of the drug test..

Only reason I ask is it's a long and annoying process to get those papers filed, and if she can avoid it she'd like to.

Do they drug test the potential "Scareactors" ?

My cousin legally, and medicinally uses Marijuana, and wants to audition tomorrow.

She needs to know if he needs to get the documents and paperwork which will exempt her from that portion of the drug test..

Only reason I ask is it's a long and annoying process to get those papers filed, and if she can avoid it she'd like to.

if they did, they would have very few scareactors

So I got my call yesterday, but due to horrible reception in my office it went straight to voicemail :( hopefully she calls back tomorrow :(

I missed a call on Thursday evening for partially the same reason. My office is 2 stories under ground level. : ( Reception is the pits. My guard was also totally down though. I never expected to hear back so fast.

Im really wondering what the process behind the calling is. Because I know people that were in the first couple of groups that havent gotten their call ( even though alot have ) and know people that were with me ( I was 397 ) that have gotten it. Who knows

Universal doesn't do drug testing, at least not for scareactors.

Plan on spending a couple of hours at least from start of the audition process to finish. They give you numbers, bring you inside in numerical order, a few at a time, check your bags, take your picture, make you wait in another line to get your audition sheet and give in your SS#, then you go to the classrooms and fill that sheet out, wait for your picture and hand all that stuff in when the picture is ready, wait for your set of numbers to be called in to audition, do the audition, wait to see if you are cast, then go through the process of filling out an online application and being fingerprinted. It is not a fast process by any means, but the earlier you get there, the less time it takes because they aren't as backed up.

When they actually bring you inside depends on weather-if it's pouring, people get in earlier, but do bring an umbrella or hooded windbreaker or poncho.

Im really wondering what the process behind the calling is. Because I know people that were in the first couple of groups that havent gotten their call ( even though alot have ) and know people that were with me ( I was 397 ) that have gotten it. Who knows

basically she picks up a stack of papers with people to call and she goes through those...then she goes to the next pile and so on :)

My ears are gauged. Would that be a problem when auditioning? I mean I can wear gauges that are skin colored and its hard to tell my ears are gauged. I don't want them to be like "he wouldn't make a good __insert_role_here__ because of his ears."

Are gauges those big ear plug-type things you put in your earlobes?

HHN is one of the few places at Universal where pretty much anything goes. They may make you take off any jewelry for safety's sake, but anything out of the ordinary, including lots of tattoos and piercings, is perfectly acceptable.

BTW, best of luck to all going to open auditions tomorrow; I sure hope to be working with some of you this year.

Oh boy I'm nervous for tomorrow lol! My boyfriend and I will be getting there after class lets out at 2... so hopefully that'll be early enough. I'll be seeing some of you around! Good luck everyone tomorrow.

For those who've worked in the past when are rehearsals usually held, and how many are there? Also aren't they held after hours when the park is closed? I'm just curious cause I don't want my regular work schedule to interfere with rehearsals and I don't think it would be a good idea to ask for rehearsal days off. Thanks for your help :)

For those who've worked in the past when are rehearsals usually held, and how many are there? Also aren't they held after hours when the park is closed? I'm just curious cause I don't want my regular work schedule to interfere with rehearsals and I don't think it would be a good idea to ask for rehearsal days off. Thanks for your help :)

I believe rehearsal times are at 7 p.m. but the dates vary based on where you're cast. When you fill out your paperwork tomorrow, you will see rehearsal dates.