HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a fun fact to all future scareactors, Horror Nights is the easiest way to get into universal and at the same time its the hardest.

When auditioning, make sure you are ridiculously early if the casting call says 7 p.m. get there at 3 p.m.- 4 p.m.. If you get there early you'll be earlier to leave. Try to make it to the first "open" casting call, because by the time they have gotten to the first casting call they have allready done auditions for current employees. I.E. I was in the first fifty people to audition last year in the first open audition and I was number 445 or something close to that, so getting to the first audition is key! Also make sure you know your schedule during the event, just like any job if you say you can't work eight days out of the twentish days in the event your probably not going to get the job, but you might get active back up. Also when you get into the actual audition room, look like you want to be there! Smile, have an open body language, make eye contact with everyone. When your asked to say whatever it is, don't just say it USE YOUR ENTIRE BODY! If the question is whats your favorite color, don't say green, say green as you tilt your head to the left and make your hand into a claw and make sure to keep eye contact!

Just a heads up, this is just advice I could be wrong about the whole thing, but remember to have a positive mantra about it and above all remember to

Stay Groovy.

Just to add to what Invader_Butters said, make sure you really want the job of scaring people. I mean, REALLY want the job. Think of it like your favorite food. Great every now and then, but will you still love it after a few straight weeks? Factor in how much time and sweat (A LOT of sweat) will go into it, and ask if you're truly ready to commit to it.

Believe me, it's one of the most fun things you'll ever do. Just make sure you're tough enough for it.

i just got a seasonal job at Mels Drive in Diner... do you think that would inhibit me from getting HHN? ive heard that its harder for Universal/IOA employees to get a job at HHN cause then they have to find people to fill you in...

♫ Katz

Quick question, do you have to be 18 WHEN you audition? Or I've heard that as long as you're 18 by orientation that you're fine. Can someone please clarify for me? Thanks.

I would believe you would have to be 18 when you audition. If you get cast, you fill out paperwork that night,

I would call HR and ask them though, just to be certain.

Edited by Black Void

I would say if you don't turn 18 until August 23, you will need to wait until next year. This past year, they canceled the last one or two auditions because they had hired everyone they needed by last week of July/first week of August.

If you already work at Uni, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months, and your supervisor or manager must sign off on a transfer request for you to audition. Without that transfer request, you won't be allowed to audition. You must also have a certain number of attendance points (I don't know how many). I sure as hell hope my sup/manager will let me audition this year, but considering I work in a seasonal position with a lot of other HHN people, I don't foresee an issue. Just gotta wait until after HP is over before I even ask.

I would say if you don't turn 18 until August 23, you will need to wait until next year. This past year, they canceled the last one or two auditions because they had hired everyone they needed by last week of July/first week of August.

If you already work at Uni, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months, and your supervisor or manager must sign off on a transfer request for you to audition. Without that transfer request, you won't be allowed to audition. You must also have a certain number of attendance points (I don't know how many). I sure as hell hope my sup/manager will let me audition this year, but considering I work in a seasonal position with a lot of other HHN people, I don't foresee an issue. Just gotta wait until after HP is over before I even ask.

so i take it i wont be able to audition then.. my first day of orientation is the 2nd and it definitely wont be 6 months by then.. but what if my season ends around august or so.. can i at least still audition considering that in august all they are doing is practicing later in the evening?

♫ Katz

Katz, If it is a seasonal job then as long as the position at Mel's is over you can audition for HHN, the attendance credits and 6 month thing apply to full/part time employees, not seasonal, as HHN Scareactors are seasonal also.

Katz, If it is a seasonal job then as long as the position at Mel's is over you can audition for HHN, the attendance credits and 6 month thing apply to full/part time employees, not seasonal, as HHN Scareactors are seasonal also.

wait.. wait.. you serious??!!?? i just got hired so idk when my season is over.. but my friend said it should be done by August...

♫ Katz

Just to add to what Invader_Butters said, make sure you really want the job of scaring people. I mean, REALLY want the job. Think of it like your favorite food. Great every now and then, but will you still love it after a few straight weeks? Factor in how much time and sweat (A LOT of sweat) will go into it, and ask if you're truly ready to commit to it.

Believe me, it's one of the most fun things you'll ever do. Just make sure you're tough enough for it.

Yeah I'd like to agree with this. Lots of people who realize what the job really is after a few days of doing this they drop out and create holes in the event...which people complain about later on when there are not enough ABU and FC to fill the holes. This is an EXTREMELY physically demanding job. You will hurt in places you didn't know you had, you will sweat more than you thought possible and you may come to hate people with every fiber of your being. However, once you get someone to scream, you will be hooked :) If you're up to the challenge, please do audition :) There's a reason this will be my 4th year doing this :)

Yeah I'd like to agree with this. Lots of people who realize what the job really is after a few days of doing this they drop out and create holes in the event...which people complain about later on when there are not enough ABU and FC to fill the holes. This is an EXTREMELY physically demanding job. You will hurt in places you didn't know you had, you will sweat more than you thought possible and you may come to hate people with every fiber of your being. However, once you get someone to scream, you will be hooked :) If you're up to the challenge, please do audition :) There's a reason this will be my 4th year doing this :)

/sign

+1

this will be my fourth as well and I cannot wait...

I could not agree more.

I have been addicted to HHN since 2005, and I used to have to travel 8 hours to get to it every year. Luckily I live in Orlando now, and I'm wanting to audition this year to be a scareactor. I was just hoping that someone could fill me in on what to expect at auditions because I've never done anything like it before. I keep refreshing the website that says when Universal auditions are, and I plan on going to the first open casting audition there is. Besides going to the first one is there any good advice? Everyone I've told that I'm going to audition has said that I'm not scary but I think that's just because I'm little. I hope that's not bad. Anyway, I'm excited about it! B)

I have been addicted to HHN since 2005, and I used to have to travel 8 hours to get to it every year. Luckily I live in Orlando now, and I'm wanting to audition this year to be a scareactor. I was just hoping that someone could fill me in on what to expect at auditions because I've never done anything like it before. I keep refreshing the website that says when Universal auditions are, and I plan on going to the first open casting audition there is. Besides going to the first one is there any good advice? Everyone I've told that I'm going to audition has said that I'm not scary but I think that's just because I'm little. I hope that's not bad. Anyway, I'm excited about it! B)

They need all shapes, sizes and colors of people for roles. Like what was said above, just be outgoing, well spoken and act like you want to be there. Be honest and a few 'sirs' and 'ma'am' don't hurt either.