Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, The-Autistic-Prince said:

I wish Hollywood had a Scary Tales attraction. Singapore had one for their Horror Nights in 2014, so why not Hollywood? It just doesn't make sense.

I understand what you mean, some people have wondered why Hollywood hasn't do any originals from HHN and it's because Murdy sees Hollywood being an ip or add on event, meaning like Universal Monsters feat. music by Slash you know, Murdy doesn't allow believe that Icons should have to be the ringleader for the event hence why after Jack there was no icons, unless you mean the ips, the ips are the icons of their event. Now if they'd do originals, I could see Orlando's being replicated in Hollywood and hopefully much better as well, but some of our scarezones would fit very well in their areas, zones like Survive Or Die Apocalypse and Killer Klowns From Outer Space and others would definitely fit but I don't know if Murdy will ever change his mind about bringing originals to the park which I can understand since they surrounded many movie studios and stuff so there are so many opportunities for ips to disposal. Here's to the future on seeing when Orlando and Hollywood trade originals instead of only being ips. 

• Love 1

Not to derail the current topic, but what's the consensus on video game houses or streets?

I remember going through Resident Evil and thinking it was pretty bad, and the Silent Hill house (which, yeah, I know was mostly based off the movies) wasn't so hot either, but are two not so great video game houses really what's made another video game house not happen since? There are so many games that I think could definitely generate some nice buzz and cash like Resident Evil 2 (Remake), Bioshock, The Last of Us, or even Dead by Daylight to name a few. 

I just find it really dumb that they'd rule out an entire medium just because of that.

Edited by nebulaexpress

1 hour ago, nebulaexpress said:

Not to derail the current topic, but what's the consensus on video game houses or streets?

I remember going through Resident Evil and thinking it was pretty bad, and the Silent Hill house (which, yeah, I know was mostly based off the movies) wasn't so hot either, but are two not so great video game houses really what's made another video game house not happen since? There are so many games that I think could definitely generate some nice buzz and cash-like Resident Evil 2 (Remake), Bioshock, The Last of Us, or even Dead by Daylight to name a few. 

I just find it really dumb that they'd rule out an entire medium just because of that.

I feel like it's just abit difficult to bring those houses to the states, it's so easy for Japan and Singapore to have it featured at their events because that's where Capcoms' base is, so I don't wanna rule out not seeing video games again at the event, something had to have to happen, honestly I think it's because some people just don't understand and love the concept of seeing video games being replicated into houses which, I'm not one of those people, I'd love to see more and more horror ip games be given their dues as houses but something definitely put a halt to all of that. even though we don't get the actual ips though Universal has definitely gone through and taken inspirations from those games for their originals, three examples, 1. Interstellar Terror was inspired by both Event Horizon and Dead Space, 2. Seeds Of Extinction from last year definitely took inspiration from Last Of Us and 3. Saws N Steam: Into The Machine definitely took inspiration from the Utopia that was Rapture but to their own version. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I feel like it's just abit difficult to bring those houses to the states, it's so easy for Japan and Singapore to have it featured at their events because that's where Capcoms' base is, so I don't wanna rule out not seeing video games again at the event, something had to have to happen, honestly I think it's because some people just don't understand and love the concept of seeing video games being replicated into houses which, I'm not one of those people, I'd love to see more and more horror ip games be given their dues as houses but something definitely put a halt to all of that. even though we don't get the actual ips though Universal has definitely gone through and taken inspirations from those games for their originals, three examples, 1. Interstellar Terror was inspired by both Event Horizon and Dead Space, 2. Seeds Of Extinction from last year definitely took inspiration from Last Of Us and 3. Saws N Steam: Into The Machine definitely took inspiration from the Utopia that was Rapture but to their own version. 

Yeah. This is all super valid, and I definitely respect the original takes. Like, Seeds of Extinction blew my mind. I'm just hoping one day I can see a game appear in its full glory. Maybe if Nintendoland is popular enough!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

Yeah. This is all super valid, and I definitely respect the original takes. Like, Seeds of Extinction blew my mind. I'm just hoping one day I can see a game appear in its full glory. Maybe if Nintendoland is popular enough!

Yeah I hear what you mean, if they brought back horror video games back to the event, the definite first would have to be the Resident Evil game, after they made it very revamped and much better than original and stuff, it definitely fits for the event, I've been wanting to see how Universal would replicate it as a house because it would blow Escape From Raccoon City out of the water, not saying that house wasn't good back at 23, it was an awesome house but the many stuff that goes down in the recent RE and not talking about RE 2 although, it would be awesome for Universal to go round 2 for it and make it better than the other. Universal has some perfect opportunities for some really good VG mazes. Dead Space would be more immersive and to see Isaac and crew and the Necromorphs at every corner trying to escape and running into visions of the markers more than once, these houses would be very cool and very detailed with so much time and energy and good money to use on em.

• Like 2

As a guy in his 40's (42 today!) that hasnt touched a video game since Golden Eye on N64, the video game houses always fall flat for me. And when people bring up new video games - I have never heard of them. Except Bioshock bc people have been talking about that on here for several years. But I guess they would be like originals to me. After Silent Hill and Resident evil though... ugh... not impressed so far. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah I hear what you mean, if they brought back horror video games back to the event, the definite first would have to be the Resident Evil game, after they made it very revamped and much better than original and stuff, it definitely fits for the event, I've been wanting to see how Universal would replicate it as a house because it would blow Escape From Raccoon City out of the water, not saying that house wasn't good back at 23, it was an awesome house but the many stuff that goes down in the recent RE and not talking about RE 2 although, it would be awesome for Universal to go round 2 for it and make it better than the other. Universal has some perfect opportunities for some really good VG mazes. Dead Space would be more immersive and to see Isaac and crew and the Necromorphs at every corner trying to escape and running into visions of the markers more than once, these houses would be very cool and very detailed with so much time and energy and good money to use on em.

The house back in 23 was kind of a bummer for me. If they were able to focus on the first 3 or just the latest release it would be solid I think.

I read somewhere that Silent Hill was

being considered as a scarezone, dont remember where or the credibility of the source. I think it would super cool if they did it in central park with all the fog and lights.

Forever hoping for Until Dawn, though it'll never happen but one can dream

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

As a guy in his 40's (42 today!) that hasnt touched a video game since Golden Eye on N64, the video game houses always fall flat for me. And when people bring up new video games - I have never heard of them. Except Bioshock bc people have been talking about that on here for several years. But I guess they would be like originals to me. After Silent Hill and Resident evil though... ugh... not impressed so far. 

Happy Birthday. We're exactly 10 years apart. 32 today

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Happy Birthday. We're exactly 10 years apart. 32 today

52 in 6 days here...  

I see a trend.

9 minutes ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Anybody got a good guess on our first announcement?

They just announced Walking Dead is returning!!

heh

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nebulaexpress said:

To be honest I could see that happening on year 30. It is a historic property after all

Kinda hope it does. Distracts the GP and gets them to queue up for a property we don’t care about anymore. Shorter lines for stuff we do care about!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, krazyhorrorkid said:

Anybody got a good guess on our first announcement?

Who knows right now with Universal riding the HP hype train against Disney's Galaxy Edge, hopefully we'll get something soon, I was thinking they were going to wait abit more, hopefully we'll get some kind of teaser or something. 

5 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Kinda hope it does. Distracts the GP and gets them to queue up for a property we don’t care about anymore. Shorter lines for stuff we do care about!

Yeah but the thing is TWD has already died out, they might as well make TWD year-round attraction that would definitely kill some big lines, I mean Hollywood has it every year and it doesn't look like they have that many problems, it'd be cool to see have it here too. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah but the thing is TWD has already died out, they might as well make TWD year-round attraction that would definitely kill some big lines, I mean Hollywood has it every year and it doesn't look like they have that many problems, it'd be cool to see have it here too. 

No TWD all year attraction please that would suck. I’m good with just the line of Kong.