Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

Didn't someone on here mention this Thursday as a house announcement day?

On 3/11/2019 at 5:55 PM, stayspookyorlando said:

Check back next Thursday :P

Here, I found it. Not sure if it's reliable though. 

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I dont know what exactly lol but I do think hhn 30 needs to be the end of the old icons and the beginning of a brand new series of icons 

Yep.... they need to do something with the CROW character Mike wrote up several years ago. Story was great. Then add some new icons.... Crow, Old Scratch, etc etc.

For the love of god leave Chucky alone for 30 years or so. And I know I'm in the minority but KKFOS doesn't excite me at all either. But either way... if you build it, we will come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

And I know I'm in the minority but KKFOS doesn't excite me at all either. But either way... if you build it, we will come.

After all those $$$ spent on scarezone set and outfits?  It's gonna come, hell or high water.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I’m with you on killer Klowns. Don’t understand why people like it so much. It’s an awful film, terrible “acting”, and that theme tune is enough to drive me insane!

The movie is purposely made that way, it's not to be taken seriously, it was supposed to be the comedy horror scare zone, Killer Klowns From Outer Space to fans is sorta cult classic, the "So Bad, It's Good" type of B Movie, I'm not a fan of the movie but I do appreciate that Universal does show support to a B movie like that from 80s as I hope they'd do for other films like Tobe Hooper's The Funhouse or Tourist Trap, other films that definitely should get their recognition as well as the event. I mean if it comes to the event again as a house, I wouldn't mind it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I’m with you on killer Klowns. Don’t understand why people like it so much. It’s an awful film, terrible “acting”, and that theme tune is enough to drive me insane!

I agree with @HorrorUnearthed.  It was Sharknado before there was a Sharknado.  Be glad they aren't looking at Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Yep.... they need to do something with the CROW character Mike wrote up several years ago. Story was great. Then add some new icons.... Crow, Old Scratch, etc etc.

For the love of god leave Chucky alone for 30 years or so. And I know I'm in the minority but KKFOS doesn't excite me at all either. But either way... if you build it, we will come.

I could see them do that but I feel like they are going to keep one icon out of the bunch and it's obviously going to be Jack, Jack is their Joker, their bread and butter because look at how many times he's been to the event, 25 drew money for them and everyone loved Jack, now I wish they'd give him a break and they did but wanted to try so hard to cash in on 25 with 26, the thing is that I feel like they will try and bring back icons but all in all, the event as whole, meaning the ips are going to be icons of the event. 

I get it is supposed to be intentionally bad, but KKFOS is not so bad it’s good. It misses that completely and loops right back to just being bad again. Just my opinion. I know people love it, and I’m glad it got represented last year for the fans. I just hope they leave it as that, and don’t milk it too much. 

Aside from that I do generally like b movies. Love the Leprechaun films, but again it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. As fun as it would be to see Leprechaun represented, I don’t think I want it for HHN. 

• Like 1

With Saint Patty's day just passing and rewatching all the Leprechaun movies I wouldn't mind seeing that played out as a house. The quality of the movies were horrible but I'm sure Universal would make it worth walking through  

4 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

I get it is supposed to be intentionally bad, but KKFOS is not so bad it’s good. It misses that completely and loops right back to just being bad again. Just my opinion. I know people love it, and I’m glad it got represented last year for the fans. I just hope they leave it as that, and don’t milk it too much. 

But I was so hoping for KKFOS to get the Walking Dead treatment at HHN....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I could see them do that but I feel like they are going to keep one icon out of the bunch and it's obviously going to be Jack, Jack is their Joker, their bread and butter because look at how many times he's been to the event, 25 drew money for them and everyone loved Jack, now I wish they'd give him a break and they did but wanted to try so hard to cash in on 25 with 26, the thing is that I feel like they will try and bring back icons but all in all, the event as whole, meaning the ips are going to be icons of the event. 

I hope they make 30 somewhat different from 25. I'd prefer it if they don't just throw a whole bunch of past originals into one anniversary house.

Also I think having a stage by Mel's is unfeasible at this point. Crowd nightmare. It takes away the opportunity for a scarezone out there, as well.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

8 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I hope they make 30 somewhat different from 25. I'd prefer it if they don't just throw a whole bunch of past originals into one anniversary house.

Also I think having a stage by Mel's is unfeasible at this point. Crowd nightmare. It takes away the opportunity for a scarezone out there, as well.

Every anniversary year is different from the last. I don't see them going for another scare-zone unless doing ones that pay homage to the past as for the anniversary house that is the only way they can do a homage to the past by the taking the best of the past and current houses they had done. The higher ups will never let them do an all original event. It's sad but true, they will only have a limit amount of things to do, ips will have the advantage but the only way they can do the anniversary is balancing it like they did with 25 and I think they'll end up changing the anniversary scare zone in the middle between Minions and Shrek, yes it'll be annoying and yes it's gonna be the taking a picture with icons type of zone or something, but anyways I mean it's too far to think about 30 when we haven't even gone through 29 yet. No matter what, Universal has a backup plan whether it's good or bad, we don't know what could be coming to 29 but many do hope it's The Terra Queen and that 30 does pay homage to HHN 15. 

11 hours ago, DtahDrew said:

With Saint Patty's day just passing and rewatching all the Leprechaun movies I wouldn't mind seeing that played out as a house. The quality of the movies were horrible but I'm sure Universal would make it worth walking through  

Honestly, I can see them just bringing Hoildayz In Hell to our event somewhere down the line, I mean the last time we had a leprechaun was H.R. Bloodengutz Holidays Of Horror and I don't even know if we'll ever get a sequel house, I don't even know if Universal could top it with another one too. It's that house you don't know if it should stay or continue. 

13 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Aside from that I do generally like b movies. Love the Leprechaun films, but again it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. As fun as it would be to see Leprechaun represented, I don’t think I want it for HHN. 

They are giving it the Trick R Treat treatment is all, they gave it a scare zone and it did very well and it deserves a house, I mean also the Chiodo Brothers are also doing a sequel to the film, who knows when it'll come out but the movie definitely has a haunted house caliber to it, same went from Trick R Treat and a lot of people had mixed reviews for the house, it wasn't the best house but it definitely was decent. 

8 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Every anniversary year is different from the last. I don't see them going for another scare-zone unless doing ones that pay homage to the past as for the anniversary house that is the only way they can do a homage to the past by the taking the best of the past and current houses they had done. The higher ups will never let them do an all original event. It's sad but true, they will only have a limit amount of things to do, ips will have the advantage but the only way they can do the anniversary is balancing it like they did with 25 and I think they'll end up changing the anniversary scare zone in the middle between Minions and Shrek, yes it'll be annoying and yes it's gonna be the taking a picture with icons type of zone or something, but anyways I mean it's too far to think about 30 when we haven't even gone through 29 yet. No matter what, Universal has a backup plan whether it's good or bad, we don't know what could be coming to 29 but many do hope it's The Terra Queen and that 30 does pay homage to HHN 15.

They’re allowed five originals.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

@DrummanmattYou cannot bitch about KKFOS because you actually like Chucky.  Talk about STUPID!  God, I HATE those movies.. I can't stand Chucky.  I'd take KKFOS every single night with theme song on full blast before enduring five minutes of that stupid doll.  But.. you're British.. so.. (you know I love you)  :)  (before anyone slams me.. Matt and I are buds - I can give him shit).

I'll take an announcement tomorrow - even if it is just ST.  Once the announcement ball gets rolling...  oh yeah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

@DrummanmattYou cannot bitch about KKFOS because you actually like Chucky.  Talk about STUPID!  God, I HATE those movies.. I can't stand Chucky.  I'd take KKFOS every single night with theme song on full blast before enduring five minutes of that stupid doll.  But.. you're British.. so.. (you know I love you)  :)  (before anyone slams me.. Matt and I are buds - I can give him shit).

I'll take an announcement tomorrow - even if it is just ST.  Once the announcement ball gets rolling...  oh yeah!

Haha I wondered how long it would take you to pick up my comments!  You know how much I really hate that bloody theme song.

Each to their own. I do like Chucky, though wasn’t a fan of the last film and not looking forward to the reboot this summer.  I grew up with those films so they’ll always be on my fave lists.  

As for announcements this this week is unlikely. Disney and Fox deal went through today, Stranger Things 3 trailer dropped today. It feels the announcement would get lost. I’d imagine it’ll be delayed to next week at least. Still plenty of time anyway so what’s the rush?

1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

Its probably a long shot but bill and ted 3 comes out next summer and i feel like they would the popularity to be back for HHN 30!

I don't know if Universal will change their mind, I think they are just gonna promote the movie, I mean do hope things change and put AOV on a stage by Horror Make Up Show and give B&T their show back but after 27, I think they were pretty clear that it was their final show, I don't think after all that hype they are gonna go back on their word and bring it back. Unless they do a Mash-Up show with AOV which would be a bit interesting. Definitely though I do hope they'd be allowed to return from HHN 30 because that would be very cool to see.

3 hours ago, Bradley said:

With the stranger things trailer just dropping, maybe tomorrow will actually be an announcement date?

I wonder, I mean Murdy's talk about Monsterpalooza is definitely probably going to be Killer Klowns or something else but I wouldn't doubt tomorrow we'd get an actual announcement for Stranger Things for sure because the hype train has already begun lol and the trailer makes the next ST haunted house look more promising.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

27 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Long time no see.

Just to be clear, this Fox deal going through would be the end to any plans for the Alien franchise, yeah? And would there be any Xenomorphic plans for something they'd be doing BEFORE the event?

...asking for a friend.

It looks like it right now, I don't see Universal and Disney sitting and making a deal to let Universal use the ips for their event, Universal rather go elsewhere and find other ways to get other ips that they've been meaning to do for quite some time. As for Alien, I mean AVP is as close as we could have gotten for Alien house, it was celebrating the anniversary of AVP but also I think the 35th Anniversary of Alien as well. So I don't think we'll see anything with Alien at the event any time soon.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed