Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

30 minutes ago, FaceBagman said:

Hmm, today is Us's "prerelease" date (seeing it at 7:30 tonight, woo!). Universal has really gone all-in promoting it and clearly expects it to be a moneymaker. If we were to get a grand 1st announcement today, I actually think the odds are high that it's Us-related vs. Stranger Things-related. 

They can hold out on releasing a ST2 announcement because the hype is already there from last year's debut. Us would be a whole new property they can cross-promote and generate early interest from a different sub-audience through.

Seems like the setpieces are unique enough to form it's own house too, if Blumhouse is willing to let that happen.

I feel like if anything we would probably get it in another blumhouse compilation house if anything. I still think we may get a ST announcement first, as it would start building hype for the event, as we all know last years numbers were pretty high and some of it was probably from ST.  I also think that a lot of people are going to go into Us thinking it has a political message like Get Out (although from the reviews it looks like it doesn't) and I'm not sure if universal wants to start a possible controversy around that. I really don't know though, and like you said, Universal has really been pushing the movie, so I guess we will just have to see.

• Like 1

When I read "Bigfoot maze", I sadly thought of this:

giphy.gif

For those kids who don't get the reference:

That's Steve Austin "The Six Million Dollar Man" from the 70's TV show.  No relation to Stone Cold Steve Austin, or Ted DiBiase...

The show jumped the shark (Happy Days reference - 70's TV show) when Steve Austin encountered the Yeti (no relation to the WCW Yeti).  Although the Yeti was played by Andre the Giant.

The encounter took place in the ice tunnel at Universal Studios Hollywood (in the 70's).  Later became Dante's Peak, then Mummy tunnel, then was torn down to become F&F.

Fun Fact: According to the inflation calculator, the Six Million Dollar Man in today's dollars would be the $30.893 Million Dollar Person.

Life comes at you fast.  And that damned GIF is about to make me have a seizure.

Honestly, I'd prefer the tram tour bigfoot encounter in the ice tunnel to F&F....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zombieman said:

When I read "Bigfoot maze", I sadly thought of this:

giphy.gif

For those kids who don't get the reference:

That's Steve Austin "The Six Million Dollar Man" from the 70's.  No relation to Stone Cold Steve Austin, or Ted DiBiase...

The show jumped the shark (Happy Days reference - also 70's) when Steve Austin encountered the Yeti (no relation to the WCW Yeti).

The encounter took place in the ice tunnel at Universal Studios Hollywood (in the 70's).  Later became the Mummy tunnel, then was torn down to become F&F.

Honestly, I'd prefer the tram tour bigfoot encounter in the ice tunnel to F&F....

fun fact - that's andre the giant as bigfoot right there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Also, Bill & Ted are coming back.. so will Bill & Ted be coming back to HHN?

god i fucking hope not.

As for Alien, if Walter can have a match with Pac when one is signed by wwe and the other is signed by AEW then anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

god i fucking hope not.

As for Alien, if Walter can have a match with Pac when one is signed by wwe and the other is signed by AEW then anything is possible.

Not when it’s Disney we’re dealing with it isn’t.

Still hoping we can get another space house soon. We’ve had just one in the event’s 28 years (our AvP took place in South America).

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

I think Scream house might more likely now that Weinstein company got bought some Texan auto sales and recycling company. 
 I think they should try to reclaim some of their spent money. 
 I think they could had get  maybe 2.5 million for maybe two year deal. 
  they own the rights to Halloween 2018? and It follows.. 
 I don't know about ya but It follows was  a heavy hitter and near perfect picture in my eyes. 

• Like 2

Just a thought, although I am not a big fan of it,  how would people feel about there being two stranger things houses with different themes from the show?

That would go a long way to reducing the wait times. I cant see myself waiting 90+ minutes again this year for ST. It certainly won't be a priority for me.

As far as I am concerned, the real highlight for me from last year was the original houses. I can t wait to see what Universal dream up and create this year. The original houses are getting so good, how long before a movie is released based on an original house theme? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I think Scream house might more likely now that Weinstein company got bought some Texan auto sales and recycling company. 
 I think they should try to reclaim some of their spent money. 
 I think they could had get  maybe 2.5 million for maybe two year deal. 
  they own the rights to Halloween 2018? and It follows.. 
 I don't know about ya but It follows was  a heavy hitter and near perfect picture in my eyes. 

I would love to see scream this year and halloween 2018 next year! I dont remember much about it follows that would make a good house in my opinion

3 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

I saw Us twice today and honestly without spoilers it needs to be involved with this years event in anyway possible. And for those of you that have seen it you may see what im implying...

You said the same thing about Happy Death 2 u... I think. 
I don't think everything is worth the space for house. 

11 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

You said the same thing about Happy Death 2 u... I think. 
I don't think everything is worth the space for house. 

I mentioned I saw happy death day 2U on here but I said I don’t see how there’s any way possible that it could be made into house because it wasn’t really a horror movie at all. US on the other hand I do personally believe has potential to be involved in the event in some way possible because I personally believe it’s one of the most creative and best horror movies in years!

7 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

I mentioned I saw happy death day 2U on here but I said I don’t see how there’s any way possible that it could be made into house because it wasn’t really a horror movie at all. US on the other hand I do personally believe has potential to be involved in the event in some way possible because I personally believe it’s one of the most creative and best horror movies in years!

Well, HDD2U would be cheaper, since they already have the costumes and sets from last year's HoB.

That said, Us is shaping up to do pretty well at the box office:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-jordan-peeles-us-scares-up-huge-74m-previews-1196361

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

while us would make a amazing maze, you gotta think about this. universal has to cast actors who not just look like their movie counterparts, but also have to find another actor who''ll look like the previous actor to. that'll be very challenging to do realistically.

i still want a us maze however if they could, hell i even worte a small treatment for it (which i wanna post, but don't know about spoiler tags)

Edited by themazethinker
  • Like 3

Regarding US, I know I've said it before, but it must be said again. I don't see this working very well in HHN's environment, as the core element of Us is well, hard to replicate. The core element (and fear) of Us, is doppelgangers. Someone that looks like you is trying to kill you. An since you can't feasibly make the scareactors look like yourself, you as a guest are taken out of that completely. So a house or scarezone would mainly be "victim scares", and that's never been exciting as house. (Now with F13, it makes sense that Jason could look over at you and go "Oh hey, more for the count!")

On top of that, there's the issue of casting. So you have to cast multiple people to portray both the regular humans AND their Tethered versions...and that's just one cast. You have to cast another set of all those look alikes for cast B. That alone should kill any chance this is brought to the event, and let's face it, the main cast is African-American, whom isn't in large abundance in the event...let alone one's who can look like Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke.

The only way I can see them attempting this is using masks, but that would just cheapen things entirely and it wouldn't be satisfying.

I know Us is a good horror film, but there are just some concepts which don't translate well in a haunt environment.

• Like 1

After seeing US a second time,  I'm probably on board with it probably not coming to the event, definitely something that Universal will need more time on and that's something I don't think they wanna put all their efforts into one house especially one that involves doppelgangers, I was all for it coming to the event but after seeing that movie, it would be a bit difficult for them to make it into a house, not setting wise but definitely scareactor wise.

As for Happy Death Day 2 U, I feel like regardless of the matter, it's a Blumhouse film and of course Universal and Blumhouse have a deal, so I would not doubt it coming back to the event, even if it's for just Hollywood and we get something entirely different and have it return for some other time and also after seeing how Hollywood got Truth Or Dare and Unfriended, I would not doubt that one of them if not both of them come to our event lol, remember we get the leftover ip from Hollywood once in awhile and it happened last year with Happy Death Day, so I wouldn't doubt them picking both TOD and Unfriended to do them and then move on to something else. That also brings up the fact if we get three ips in one house again like back at 27 which I don't see happening either but it seems like a what if.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

It's pretty unfortunate that Us can't come, because god it was such a stellar horror film. Kudos to Jordan Peele for some amazing films. I don't doubt Universal's ability to type-cast hard enough to get us a cast which looks like the movie and even has good doppelgangers. I mean, look at Stranger Things, but there really are 0 reasons that the Tethered family would be attacking the guests. And maybe it's just me, but voyeuristic houses are kinda boring.

I'm just still in my corner hoping for Anna and The Apocalypse or Shaun of The Dead :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

It's pretty unfortunate that Us can't come, because god it was such a stellar horror film. Kudos to Jordan Peele for some amazing films. I don't doubt Universal's ability to type-cast hard enough to get us a cast which looks like the movie and even has good doppelgangers. I mean, look at Stranger Things, but there really are 0 reasons that the Tethered family would be attacking the guests. And maybe it's just me, but voyeuristic houses are kinda boring.

I'm just still in my corner hoping for Anna and The Apocalypse or Shaun of The Dead :(

Yeah, as for Anna & The Apocalypse I haven't seen it yet but definitely think Shaun Of The Dead would work as it's own scarezone, they could put it in New York and the Finnegans bar be the Winchester, as well as a maze, a lot of really cool scenes could have happen, they'll have to put us right in the middle of the action as we are with Shaun and the others racing to the Winchester before the hordes of zombies try and stop us at every turn. Going through backways and maybe through some houses with the zombies showing the news channels from the movie and then onto the winchester where the zombies are trying to break Shaun is trying to defend as zombies pop from every corner and run into Ed as a zombie as make our way out of the maze and followed by exiting out with You're My Best Friend by Queen plays. 

I wonder why Universal hasn't thought about bringing Phantasm to the event, it would be really cool, going through the Morningside Cemetery and The Mausoleum, with good lighting and some good effects we'd be surrounded by The Tall Man's little henchmens and being chased by the silver balls moving around us some opened with their blades and others just normal and hearing the Tall Man coming at us from every corner shouting "BOOOOOOY!" so much material they could work with the first film if that's all that they want to tackle, I wouldn't mind but just seems like a really cool concept especially since The Caretaker was inspired by The Tall Man's attitude and character, it'd be great to see Phantasm come to life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nebulaexpress said:

but there really are 0 reasons that the Tethered family would be attacking the guests.

Did we not watch the same film? Members of the tethered went out of their way to kill people who got in their way; Umbrae did so once and a couple of random tethered had a scene where this happened as well (won't mention the specifics out of concern for those who haven't seen the movie yet).

And I don't buy into the dismissal about casting either. Even if a Lupita-lookalike only has to appear once or twice during the maze, so much can be done with random tethered, which would make the impact of her & the family's emergence more impactful imo. 

• Like 3